Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 4:01 amJunko TsukikoA Late Night DipToday at 2:05 amJunko TsukikoKirigakure Training Facilities: Speed TrainingToday at 1:57 amRyusame NamitoA proeminent citizen of the MoonToday at 12:36 amRyuki UchihaTo SatelliteYesterday at 11:27 pmHanzo UchihaNew Acquaintances Yesterday at 7:58 pmCiel UchihaA meeting most unusualYesterday at 7:22 pmIzu MomochiFar Away Yesterday at 6:33 pmReitenFrom the SidelinesYesterday at 8:06 amKenchiVoices in the GardenYesterday at 3:41 amShiru Iyasu
Top posting users this month
30 Posts - 28%
25 Posts - 23%
11 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 9%
10 Posts - 9%
6 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 4%
4 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 50

Twins (Open) Empty Twins (Open)

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 pm
Katsu stood upon the city gate, staring out across the city. So much had changed over the last few years that it was hardly recognizable from when he had first arrived four years ago.

“Katsu, what are you doing?” Masaru walked up the side of the gate, practicing his tree climbing ability. He had always put more effort into developing his chakra then his brother, so he had little difficulty scaling the gate. He imagined his brother had probably fallen a number of times just trying to get up there. He took each step with ease, the chakra within his feet adjusting as necessary to keep him stuck to the wall.

Katsu looked down at his brother and watched as he walked up the gate nonchalantly. The bastard was showing off again. His brother looked calm and collected, his hair nice and neat unlike his own. “Just looking around. This place has changed so much you know? Hard to believe it has only been 4 years.” He shifted his body slightly, readying himself for his brothers arrival. He smiled to himself, as he considered the look on his brothers face in a moment. 

As Masaru took the final step to reach the top of the gate, his brother kicked out, striking his leg that was placed on the side of the gate. “Shit!” Masaru flailed his arms, his leg no longer supporting him. His arms struggled to find purchase as he missed the top of the gate as he fell.

Katsu reached out and caught his brother’s arm. “Look at you, always need you’re big brother’s help don’tcha?” His voice patronizing as if he were speaking down to a puppy. He stuck his tongue out at Masaru as he pulled his brother up and helped him on to the gate. He could feel the anger coming off of his brother. His eyes trying to bore holes through him. 

Masaru sat down on the gate, his breathing slowing. He closed his eyes and let out an exasperated breath. “You can be a dick you know that?” He opened one eye and glanced at his brother who had a stupid grin splitting his face from ear to ear. Shaking his head he turned to look out on the city. “4 years ehh? I guess it really has been that long. We joined the academy on our second day in the city. It sure was difficult to play catchup with everyone else. I didn’t know anything about being a shinobi back then. Hell outside of fishing, I didn’t know much about anything really.”

Katsu smiled. “What do you mean back then? You still don’t know anything!” He stretched his arms out wide and dropped off the side of the gate. “I’m a bird!” His arms flapped as he fell, his feet brushing the gate as he did so. Chakra started flowing through them, trying to gain purchase. He poured more and more chakra into his feet and just before striking the ground they finally stuck, his arms coming down using his forearms to keep his face from slamming into the ground as they did.

Katsu, winced at the pain in his arms, but couldn’t help but let out a giggle. “I am a terrible bird.” His laughter grew as he took the last step and put himself on solid ground.

Masaru walked down the side, not being nearly as idiotic as his brother. “Are you trying to kill yourself?” Much to his dismay this was not out of the ordinary, so he took his brothers antics in stride.

Katsu grinned, rubbing his forearms. “It probably wouldn’t kill you to live a little.” He paused, “Probably." His voice grew in excitement, “I mean what if you actually fall in that kind of situation? You gotta train for everything you know? I mean one day I could be a bird!”

Masaru stared at him incredulously. “You are absolutely right. One day you could be a bird… I guess… A really dumb bird.” He shook his head,  “Anyway, what did you want to do today? I heard they are going to have a chuunin exam soon. Might be a little early for us though. I mean we have been genin for what, a week?”

Katsu nodded. “Yeah, I don’t think we could pass something like that. Might be fun to try though. Worse case scenario we get our asses kicked. I doubt they will let us die in the test anyway. Not like we are in Kiri." He shrugged. “I will leave that decision up to you though, you always were the one with better judgement."
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Twins (Open) Empty Re: Twins (Open)

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:15 pm
OOC: Anyone is still welcome to join, interrupt to your heart’s content… okay don’t murder my new little babies, but otherwise, to your heart’s content. 

“Soooo, want to spar?” He looked to Masaru an eager glint in his eyes. “We were so busy training at the academy I feel like it has been forever since the two of us got to have a nice little one on one.” He shifted his stance slightly, placing his weight on his back leg. His arms rising up defensively.

Masaru shook his head as he watched his brother readying himself. “We can’t fight here, we are at the entrance to the town. Zero chance we don’t cause a disturbance.” He took a couple steps out and through the gate. “Come on, let's at least put a little distance between us and the road.” Masaru didn’t wait for a response from his brother and took off at a sprint away from the gate and toward a nice forested area. 

OOC: From this point I am going to try posting the two as separate posts, or at least much larger gaps between them as if they were two different characters in a real spar. At least until, or if, someone joins me. Been awhile since I did this, and completely new to the systems so need to feel it all out again.

Katsu

The muscles in Katsu’s legs bunched, chakra slowly circulating through his body as he took off after his brother. He hadn’t seriously faced his brother in months. He looked fondly upon his time in the academy, but it had left him little time to spend training with his brother. Masaru had taken well to chakra manipulation, but it had never come naturally to him. He could remember the endless hours he spent trying to form his chakra as he went through the hand seals trying to perform the substitution technique. Of all the ninjutsu they had to learn, this one always seemed the most crucial to him. He fought up close to his opponents, and when it came down to it, there would be times when his brother's life was in his hands. He would never voice it to Masaru, but it was his responsibility to protect him.

His legs strained as he ran, the ground beneath him passing in a blur. Each step ate up the distance as he closed on his brother. Masaru may be more skilled with jutsu, but Katsu had speed on his side. Step by step he closed, and then he was past him. “You coming or what?” Goading his brother was always fun, especially because it always got a reaction. His brother could never accept being second best at anything, and he knew the petty rivalry he sparked up drove his brother to push himself and pass his own limits.

A few moments later he stopped. They had reached a small stand of trees. The foliage was sparse, but the geography gave them some options for tactical movement at different altitudes. This put Katsu at a slight disadvantage as he still struggled with tree climbing, but he had to get better at it somehow. Forcing himself to do it in a fight with Masaru was probably the best training he could get. He may not admit it to himself, but the rivalry between them went both ways.

“You can make the first move. I don’t want to end it too quickly."  His mouth split into a grin, his tongue poking out ever so slightly, enjoying teasing Masaru.

AP: 270
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:41 pm
Masaru

Masaru sprinted forward with everything he had. He knew he shouldn’t be exhausting himself before the spar, but losing to his brother in anything wasn’t an option. His brother had always been faster. Even as Masaru spent hours on end running, trying to build up his stamina and improve his form, it never seemed to matter. Katsu would simply run forward, no care to his form, his breathing, nothing. He just ran. It irked Masaru to no end. Why did it always have to come easy to him?

With an effort he let these feelings go. He would gain nothing thinking like this. Besides, he knew better than anyone how much work Katsu had put into using his chakra. It wasn’t as if Masaru didn’t have his own strengths where he surpassed his brother. Manipulating his chakra had just clicked with him. It just felt natural. He knew part of that came from his younger days where he would merge with his brother. He was always the one merging into Katsu, they had tried it the other way around, but whether it was because Katsu was bad with chakra, or they just couldn’t do it that way, he still didn’t know.

His thoughts were interrupted as Katsu thundered past, his parting quip sending fire through his body. That’s it. I am going to kill him! Katsu always knew how to push his buttons. Well he was going to show him that he was the better fighter today. Speed wasn’t everything in a fight, and he wasn’t going to let Katsu keep acting superior. He pushed himself harder, forcing every last ounce of strength into each step as he tried to catch back up to his brother.

Masaru stopped short, losing his balance and barely catching himself before colliding with his brother as he came to an abrupt stop. He hadn’t even realized they had reached the tree line, his entire focus had been on the back of his brother and him alone. He let out a ragged breath, as he took a few heavy breaths, then jumped back, his body vibrating with anticipation. Katsu's words hit him like a hammer. Again! That smug bastard!

Masaru stopped and closed his eyes, trying to let the anger dissipate. He knew it was all part of Katsu’s plan. Riley him up and let him self destruct. Not today. Today he was going to come out on top. He gritted his teeth and didn’t respond to Katsu’s goading. His right leg moved back, his weight settling on it. His left leg inched closer ever so slightly as it seemed to glide across the top of the grass before setting it down his center of gravity resting back on his right leg. He raised his left arm and set it into a guard position, his right back and ready to strike with sudden and devastating force. 

Masaru moved forward deliberately, maintaining his stance as he went. Each step felt rehearsed as if he had made that exact step a thousand times before. His body felt tight, excitement and adrenaline coursing through him. It was time to prove that he was the more skilled brother.

AP: 270
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:29 pm
Katsu stared at his brother as he closed his eyes, his foot tapping. He hadn’t taken a fighting stance. He could be more ready, but when it came down to it, he liked to flow with combat. He liked to take things as they come and fly by the seat of his pants. It didn’t always work, and while he could come up with a strategy, he wasn’t stupid, he did his best to avoid it in most situations. Still, he was fighting his brother, so maybe using a little strategy wouldn’t hurt. If nothing else, it would take him by surprise.

So slowwwww His brother was preparing himself, slowly moving into his stance. Katsu’s left foot started tapping as he waited impatiently. One step… Two step… Right step! Blue step? I think I am getting a little off track. Katsu shifted his body placing his right side forward, narrowing the available target locations his brother could strike. “Okay enough!” Exasperation coloring his voice as inpatients spurred him forward. He ran forward, an odd gait to his movement as he kept his right shoulder forward, somewhat hindering his brothers vision as he formed hand seals. Chakra coursed through his body centering on his hands as he made hand seals. Ram, snake, before finishing the last seal, he reached his brother, and leapt to his brother's right, finishing the last seal of bunshin no jutsu, tiger.

A clone appeared beside Katsu. “Hah! Jutsu! Who is the jutsu master now?" His voice took on a mocking tone, "I’m Masaru, I am good at chakra." A little pride entered his voice, "Taking it back for Katsu.” He grinned at his brother, very proud of his success in creating a perfect clone.

AP 265/270
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:00 pm
Masaru stopped his advance as his brother shouted out. He never was a patient one. Katsu was the one that said he could have the first strike. Katsu never said anything about a time limit. Masaru’s body, already tense and ready to act, began to ache with the need to move. He forced his body still, ready for his brothers attack. He couldn’t begin to understand why his brother was moving so strangely, but it didn’t matter, he could take whatever his brother threw at him, and he was ready to counter whatever half baked plan he had come up with.

Just as his brother reached him, Masaru began to shift, his left arm up and guarding moving in to block his brother’s most likely lane of attack. Suddenly his brother was shooting past him on his unguarded right, Masaru shifted his back leg, sliding it quickly along the ground as he pivoted on his left, trying to cover himself, but no attack came. To his complete shock, his brother had used a jutsu. More surprising still, the clone looked exactly like his brother.

He couldn’t help but smile, even as his brother mocked him. He really was proud of his brother, even if he couldn’t let his brother enjoy it. Just as Katsu finished speaking, Masaru's left fist shot forward in a quick jab, striking the clone, reducing it to nothing. His eyes shifted to his brothers grinning face, “You know you have to do something with it right? It isn’t an attack, it isn’t really anything if you don’t have some kind of plan. All you did was waste your chakra.” He wanted to laugh but he held it in tight, making sure to speak the next words as dead pan as possible, “You knew that of course, oh jutsu master.”

As soon as he had delivered the line, Masaru burst forward with all his speed. He knew that under normal circumstances he needed to be technically flawless to best his brother in a hand to hand fight, but he had gotten in the first blow, even if it had just been with barbed words. This was his chance, he needed to strike while his brother was mentally unbalanced. The tension in his body exploded out as his left hand darted out twice in quick succession as he sent two jabs toward his brother’s face hoping to stun him and cause him to raise his guard with the barrage before he followed up with a hard right straight directed at his solar plexus, his body twisting into the strike to increase the force as he struck.

AP 270
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:17 pm
Katsu looked at his brother, then at the dissipating clone. His eyes went back to his brother, and then back to the now vacant location where the clone had been. “Masaru junior no!” He could tell his brother was talking, but Katsu couldn’t take his eyes from his now dead twin, clone, brother thing. He was only moments old. Oh baby Masaru.

A fist struck him in the face, jolting his mind away from the nonsense he had been considering moments before. His arms started to move up, instincts taking over. Another strike was coming, he could see it out of the corner of his eye. Just as it struck, he twisted his neck with the blow, reducing its force. His arms finally got up into a blocking position in front of his face, but that wasn’t where the blow was going. As the hard right came toward him, Katsu bent his knees and shifted his body left, lowering his elbow and taking the blow on the posterior of his arm. It hurt like hell, even more than he was expecting due to the fact that he had already slammed his arms into the ground during his bird trial run, but he had avoided any real damage all the same. The force of the blow pushed his left side back and he twisted with it lashing out with a fast right at Masaru’s face. It didn’t have nearly the force of Masaru’s punch, but it was fast and strong, and aimed directly for his face.

After the strike he immediately jumped back in order to put a little distance between him and his brother. Katsu knew he could take his brother in a standard fight, and they didn’t really have any jutsu that could be used offensively, so that is what this was. He just needed to pull his head out of his ass long enough to do some damage, and as much as he hated to admit it, standing at close range toe to toe was about the worst strategy against his brother. He may have speed on his side, but Masaru was slightly stronger then him and while small, he had the weight advantage as well.

“Damn baby bro. That was a hell of a punch.” He shook his left arm a bit, never taking his eyes off Masaru. “I guess that was a pretty dumb move on my part, but Masaru junior was perfect right? You know how rare that is for me."  He finished moving his arm and settled back into a fighting stance. This time he was ready for his brother.

AP 265/270 OCC: This is basically pointless until I get some jutsu ehh?
Katsu/Masaru
Katsu/Masaru
Citizen

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 pm
OOC: Okay, going back to combining the posts since I can more easily write the exchanges, going to try switching the point of view back and forth between the two every so often and see how that feels, and I think I have rambled enough.

Masaru ‘s head rocked back from Katsu’s strike. Katsu may not have his strength, but his brother had used his own power against him. A small trickle of blood dripped out of his nose and he wiped it away, staring daggers at his retreating brother.  Even with his annoyance on how the exchange had gone, he still couldn’t help but crack a smile at Katsu’s words. “Yeah it was a good clone.” 

Masaru moved forward toward his brother. With each step he shifted his weight to his back leg, his leading arm up and over the leg in front never breaking his stance. As he stepped into range with his right leg, his right arm up ready to block, a punch came. His right arm met his brother's right arm knocking the punch to the side, but before he could counter his brother had taken a step back. Masaru advanced again, stepping forward with his left leg and again was met with a jab from his brother’s left arm which he knocked aside. With each step, the pattern continued, his brother never letting Masaru move into range. “Will you stop moving back and fight me!?” Exasperation filled his voice as he continued to try and close the distance between him and his brother.

Katsu laughed, continuing to launch fast strikes as he moved back maintaining a general distance from his brother. “Nope. If I stand still you are going to try and hit me. This seems to be working nicely.” He knew he wasn’t actually inflicting any damage but he was working on a plan. With each punch he was gradually decreasing the speed ever so slightly. From one punch to the next it would be extremely hard to notice, but by now he was probably only striking at about seventy-five percent of his maximum speed and power. He was hoping to use a fast and aggressive assault that seemed even faster than it really was due to the relatively slower speed he was currently attacking with and the sudden change in his attacking pattern.

Now feels like as good a time as ever. Eventually Masaru is going to just stop coming for me if I don’t make my move. As Masaru stepped in with his left leg, likely expecting him to send out a left jab, Katsu’s body rotated forward on his left leg as he pivoted sending a strong right roundhouse directed low toward his brothers unprotected left leg. It struck with a resounding thump as the top of his foot struck his brother’s left calf. Immediately after connecting, he twisted his body in the opposite direction as he threw a left hook toward the side of his brother’s head. The twisting motion added momentum to his strike, while lowering the right side of his body. 

Masaru managed to get his right arm up, but it didn’t have any real strength or rigidity in it. The hook slammed into his arm, the force pushing his own arm into the side of his head, knocking his head to the left and putting him slightly off balance. The next thing he knew he was on his back staring up at the branches above him. He understood the pain in his head and leg, but not the ache in his chin. He started to sit up but felt a hand on his chest, at which point he noticed his brother keeping him flat.

“Whoa now, take it easy for a minute. That uppercut laid you out, probably rattled your brain a bit, give in a little time. Katsu said the words gently. 

Masaru would have expected condescension in the words, there certainly would have been a hint of it in his own voice if he had won the spar, but he knew that as much as Katsu teased him, there was never any malice in it. He sighed, color=green]“Uppercut?”[/color]

Katsu nodded, “Yeah right after that hook. When I struck you with the wide hook, I had lowered the right side of my body and my right arm. As soon as I finished the blow, I finished the combination with the uppercut. To be honest I almost missed, just clipping your chin, but that was enough. The brain does not appreciate being jostled around like that.”

Masaru grimaced, “I guess you got me this time. Don’t go getting a big head and neglecting your training though or I will mop the floor with you next time.” He put his arm up in the air, Katsu grasping it and pulling him up. 

“Please don’t, I don’t want to get dirty.” He paused waiting for a reaction, and when Masaru didn’t say anything he continued. “You know, cause you said mop.”

Masaru shook his head, immediately wishing he hadn’t as pain arced through his head. “No I got it the first time. It was just terrible. If looking at you wasn’t like looking in a mirror I would really question if we were related sometimes.”

Katsu slapped his hand over his chest. “You wound me so! Oh whoa is me. How can you strike me down with such venomous words? Just end me. Drive a knife through my heart, finish it.” He continued to make dramatic gestures as he acted out being stabbed, and then laid on the ground, dead.

Masaru paused, then stepped over his brother. “I’ll see you back in the village.”

Katsu scrambled up and chased after him. “Hey wait up! Don’t just leave me. You are no fun.”

Fin  

WC Per post
Final 3881

766 toward Bull Rush D rank which was at 234
Bull Rush C Rank
500 Chakra Anesthetic D rank
1250 Basic Medical Ninjutsu E and C rank
1000 Wind Release: Jump C rank
365 toward Hidden Arms Technique D Rank

19 stats

Katsu: 5 Strength, 5 health, 5 speed, 4 stamina.
Masaru: 2 Strength, 3 speed, 2 health, 4 stamina, 8 chakra
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum