Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Illuminate the UmbraYesterday at 10:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 9:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 8:19 pmAzuki ShinodaWhere the men shall gatherYesterday at 4:45 pmYama KokoroTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 3:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 3:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 2:48 pmMizaki HyuugaLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 2:37 pmKutari UchihaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 5:37 amHimari Hyuuga1,2, 3....Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 pmYouta Shinkou
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
22 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Link
Mission Record : Link
Summoning Contract : Forgotten Owls
Living Clones : Valeiru
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Puppetry Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 54000

The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea. Empty The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:07 pm
Arantima led Kaito down a series of twisting and turning back alleys that seemed to go nowhere, and yet were in a very respectable area of the village, no shady dealings or anything too sketchy that would make anyone nervous if they walked around back here. When they had arrived at the place Arantima had talked about it looked as if it had been open for a very long while even at this time of day. When arantima walked in he gave a wave of greeting to the man at the counter who took a moment to recognize who was waving at him before he waved back with a broad smile.

Arantima moved confidently through the Main room, past the counter to find the comfortable area in the back corner with a corner couch and a nice table, in this room it was definitely the nicest seat on the floor. The Man who was on the counter looked at Kaito a long moment before shrugging and giving them a wave of greeting as well. Behind the counter were various weapons and an Armor that looked almost identical to the set that Tima was wearing but there was drawn art of food and a menu on a chalk board for food.

Arantima Sat down and began to take off his Bladed gloves, which did not seem to be a simple process but he was getting it done with fast enough as an older lady came by and dropped off a small charcoal burner and set a tea pot atop it and a few small clay pots with tea leaves inside, two cups, A tea steeping vessel and a serving pot made of glass. Arantima bowed his head to her silently as he finally clicked off  his gloves and folded them neatly, setting them to his side.

"Welcome to the Wind Demons Guild. This is, well.. it's mine.. Sort of. I run the place and make sure the staff are happy." Arantima chuckled softly as he opened each clay pot and smelled the teas, setting down the one he found the nicest which was an Oolong that smelled of citrus and vaguely of a fresh rain in a forest. "Tell me if you like it, if not we can try one of the others." Arantima gestured for Kaito the smell the tea in the pot he had placed in front of him as he quickly made a the handsigns Dog > Monkey at 150 speed and a small bit of Card about 8 inches tall and 11 inches wide appeared on the table slow forming out of seemingly thin air.

Arantima slid the piece of card paper along towards Kaito with a smile "This is the menu, feel free to order whatever you'd like. I keep it al simple food, something that you could eat a few dozen of if you were hungry but if you are only feeling like a light snack you wont get bogged down with a large order." Arantima leave the menu in front of Kaito to look over and peruse as Tima begin to heat the first pot of water on the charcoal burner as the Older woman comes by with a second larger pot of water, seemingly to refill the tea pot when they needed.

Arantima Took a very relaxed and practiced care to this Tea set up, Getting the pot boiling and then pouring a small amount into the Steeping vessel and putting a lid on it, swirling the water around inside of it, then from the steeping vessel to the serving one and swirling it around then finally to the cups and swirling that around as well. Kaito might have noticed a small grate in the center of the table by this point and its use was apparent as tima poured the water from the cups down into it.

Kaito might recognize this process of "Waking up" the tea ware, as Tima then began to put some of whichever tea Kaito had chosen into the Steeping vessel and poured the same amount of water he had to wake up the vessels in and repeated the process of pouring from the steeping vessel into the serving vessel and then to the cups, but instead of offering kaito a cup he poured the rather.. thin looking tea down the grate and almost immediately poured a second portion of hot water into the steeping vessel and let it sit.

This time the water sat for what seemed almost an arbitrary amount of time but when he poured it into the serving vessel this time it had a lovely rich color and the smell came out of the vessel almost immediately. When the cups were poured this time Arantima set Kaito's in front of him first and smiled "Tea has to be woken up first.. before you can really appreciate it. The first Pour tastes like water that has run through a river.. Barely different than water. But after it has absorbed some heat and life.. Its true richness can come through."

Used Armory Seal - 10 AP

843/843 Words

Current Health Bar: 300/300 | AP: 995/1005

Vigor: 80 | Chakra: 40 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 30 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters

Specialties: Bukijitsu | Element(s): Wind | Skills: Blacksmithing (Slotless), Itemcrafting, Chakra Infusion, Clan Pureblood (slotless), Chakra Supression, Chakra Sensory, One-handed Seals

Equipment On body: Demons Shroud Armor, Twin Demon Lance (In two pieces sheathed on thighs), Demon claws (Worn over Arms), 5 Kunai (50 HP In weapon pouch), 5 Shuriken (50HP In weapon pouch), 1 Weapon pouch.
Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage
Stat Page : Stat Page

Health: 300 points
AP: 2,000 points
Vigor: 125 points
Chakra: 125 points
Speed: 45 points
Strength: 5 points
Mission Record : Mission Log
Summoning Contract : The Wolves of Death Gorge
Living Clones : Uchiha, Tatsuya
Familiar : Raidomaru (Needs Revamped)
Legendary Equipment : N/A
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 0

The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea. Empty Re: The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Kaito followed Arantima into the rather nice-looking restaurant, rubbing his hands and on the verge of licking his lips at the enticing scent of the baozi and tea that filled the room wonderfully.

'Not a bad place...' He thought as he took in the decor and the hominess of the place, noticing a man standing behind the counter. He seemed to wave happily at Arantima before glaring at Kaito, looking him up and down before sighing, shrugging his broad shoulders, and greeting the younger of the two all the same. Kaito returned the gesture with a blissful wave before taking a seat at the couch in the far back corner of the room. As Arantima took it upon himself to remove his bladed gloves, an elderly lady walked up to them, a plate in hand. She organized for the two of them a tea preparation set, setting it down gently upon the dark oak table before them.

"Thank you, Ma'am." Kaito said with a bow. He watched on happily as Arantima officially introduced himself as an owner of sorts to the place. As the bushy-haired boy removed the lid from the second clay pot, the smell of citrusy oolong tea filled the room. He sat it down in front of Kaito after taking a whiff of it himself, asking the boy if he would like to try it or one of the other brews present. Kaito didn't even have to pick up the pot to get a feel for it.

"Let's brew up that oolong," He said with a chuckle. "It is my favorite after all."

Arantima proceeded then to form a couple of hand signs, far too fast for Kaito's eyes to pick up on which, before a sheet of paper appeared in his hands. He had of course just used a reverse sealing Jutsu, calling upon whatever it was he had stored back into their reality. He slid the paper over to Kaito with a smile, going into detail about how he kept the food choice light. Looking over the menu Kaito quickly came to agree with the statement; bao buns of different varieties, all sorts of fruit, different types of teas, and brandy or sake for those who loved a taste of alcohol every once in a while. Kaito typically practiced a strict diet. He typically only ate fruits, vegetables, and white meat, but the smell of the fresh bao buns was just too much to handle. Quite suddenly the elderly woman from a few moments before came back to the table, this time holding out a second pot of water, this one bigger than the one she had brought them previously.

"Excuse me, Ma'am?" Kaito asked in a near whisper, not trying to be too rambunxious. The lady looked over to him with a delicate smile upon her face. "May I get eight individual breakfast baozi, please?" He reached into his pocket and withdrew 30 ryō, setting it on the table before him. The lady nodded excitedly, the smile on her face almost doubling in size. Kaito smiled as well as he bowed, knowing full well that he paid double the price of the plate. Whatever money he paid he knew that, with Arantima owning the joint, it would go towards helping to keep it around. Kaito really did enjoy the vibe of the establishment.

"I think I can see myself coming here often, Tima." He said as he straightened himself up from his bow. "It really does seem like a nice place to come and relax." He looked over at Arantima who was now beginning to "wake up" the tea utensils. He poured the steamy water from the pot into the vessel, poured the water from there into the second vessel before pouring it into the cups and finally dumping the water from the cups into the grate in the center of the table. Kaito, sure enough, recognized the process well, being the frequent tea drinker that he was.

"Tima really knows what he's doing. I wonder if his tea will be better than Mom's...' Momentarily the older boy had finished the second pouring of the tea into the cups. He proceeded to slide one over to Kaito, who took it gracefully as Arantima described in light detail the tea's waking up process. Just as he picked up the cup the server also walked over the plate of baozi. She set it down before going back about her business. With his free hand Kaito maneuvered the plate between himself and Arantima, looking at him and nodding down at the baozi.

"I bought four for the both of us, so enjoy, Tima." He said, his head tilted with a smile. "Just think of it as a form of gratitude until I can really pay it forward to you for your help in training me last night." He then brought his cup of oolong tea to his lips, pressing it to them and sipping the tea delicately. His eyes widened wickedly, the cup refusing to leave his lips.

'So good!' He thought, ripping the cup from his lips forcefully. His eyes proceeded to sparkle, his smile now a large grin. He turned to look back over at Arantima.

"This has got to be some of the best tea I've ever had!"

Kaito proceeded to suck down his cup of tea until it was all gone. He sat his cup down on the table before realizing that his behavior was probably not the best for the setting they were in. He then rose to his feet and turned around to face Arantima before bowing yet again.

"My apologies for my outburst, Tima. And thank you very much for the tea. It was delicious." He sat back down, not really expecting Arantima to accept nor deny his forgiveness. Kaito hurriedly tried to think of something else to talk about though, looking around the establishment. "So..." He started slowly. "You said you're an owner of this place? How did you get the idea to start up the shop, if you don't mind me asking?"

The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea. Pagebreak6

AP Utilized:
Items Utilized:

[Word Count (Post) - 1,014]
[Word Count (Total) - 1,014]

Last edited by Kaito Inuzuka on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea. Empty Re: The Blood and the Hound meeting for morning tea.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:11 am
As swiftly as Kaito had finished his first cup of tea Arantima had another already prepared and set in front of kaito with a warm smile as he was using a kunai from his armor to shuffle around the coals from the burner under the pot of hot water. If he acknowledge the outburst from kaito it was only with a soft smirk or maybe a slight nod but he didnt pay the apology any mind as if it wasnt needed.

He smiled warmly to Kaito as he Indicated the bao were for the both of them, he popped a small red pill that he had pulled from under his chest plate somewhere before he ate the first of his Bao buns which he devoured in two bites, swiftly. "The story behind this place.. Is a rather simple one actually. I needed a place for my Equipment to be sold, but also a place for them to be practiced with.. But not just that a place where people could fight in safety without having to be watched by the masses in the VR arena."

Arantima waved over to the Man at the counter, after catching his attention Arantima held up a single finger and pointed to Kaito. The man nodded and pulled out a small box and took out a single Metal card and threw it across the room with practiced accuracy to land neatly sticking out of one of Kaito's Bao buns. "Thank you Goro. Now Kaito that is a Membership card to My establishment which means you get a small discount.. But likewise access to the back rooms and the VR fight club. Which works exactly like our arena's only it is exclusively streamed in out VIP lounge."

He smiles and sips at his own tea before settling into his seat more comfortably. He continues to fuss over the coals on the hot water pot, adding Water to it in small amounts to allow it to heat up evenly and not to cool down the whole lot too swiftly. "Truthfully There is much more to the Wind demons guild than all of this. For me personally. its a chance to recruit People for a Possible Ninja team. I haven't had many visitors to my shop sadly other than customers coming in for food, and luckily that covers the day to day expenses."

Arantima Looks over at Kaito a moment watching to see what he will do with the Metal card. It is polished metal, sturdy and soft with the name of the Wind demons guild etched into the front with a place on the back of glued on paper for Kaito to sign somehow.. though the piece of paper is actually too small for a traditional signature and it is more suited for a thumb print. Arantima nibbles on another one of the bao buns Kaito had order, eating it much more slowly this time. Arantima looked over the rest of the room which was beginning to fill with some of the more regular customers who would come in for breakfast or morning tea.

He looked back towards kaito and leaned on the table a bit more heavily as he nodded towards the card "That card, after you put your thumb print on it is yours to keep if you would like. he clicks his tongue softly as he looks as though he is thinking about something. There is a solid moment where those fierce eyes of Tima's glide over every person in the room, and a way that his jaw sets that Kaito can tell he licks his teeth behind his lips. As Tima's eyes glide over Kaito once more he doesnt look toward kaito's eyes or face, it is angled down as if at the boy's neck or directly at his heart.

Tima blinks rapidly a moment before shrugging his shoulders and leaning back against the soft chair he is sitting in. There was something about the way that Tima was, just in his every moment that screamed predator.. And that most everyone in that room was prey, and yet as he looked at kaito something reigned that predatory nature back and forced him to control himself. Tima's nostrils flared as he took in the scents in the room, something Kaito might recognize as an Inozuka trait, the way he rolled his nose after was the tell that he had taken in much more than a normal human smell should have.

Tima ran both hands through his hai before he finished his tea and began the process of pouring himself another cup, seeing if Kaito needed a refill as well, and providing one should Kaito's glass be empty. 'i am VERY chatty about me and myself aren't I? Here you are asking all of the questions about me and I am not asking a single one about you!' he finishes his pouring and takes his own cup in hand offering Kaito a small cheers gesture by raising his cup gently.

"So Tell me about you Kaito.. What do you do in Sunagakure now that you are a new ninja?"

853/1696 Words

Vigor: 80 | Chakra: 40 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 30 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters

Specialties: Bukijitsu | Element(s): Wind | Skills: Blacksmithing (Slotless), Itemcrafting, Chakra Infusion, Clan Pureblood (slotless), Chakra Supression, Chakra Sensory, One-handed Seals

Equipment On body: Demons Shroud Armor, Twin Demon Lance (In two pieces sheathed on thighs), Demon claws (Worn over Arms), 5 Kunai (50 HP In weapon pouch), 5 Shuriken (50HP In weapon pouch), 1 Weapon pouch.
Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:56 am

Arantima explained how the storefront had been rather a place for him to sell his wares and to give the buyers a chance to try them out their new weaponry. Kaito flashed back to the training grounds a few hours earlier when the older Shinobi had made a reference to blacksmithing while he had been making an analogy to something within the conversation at hand.

'So he is also a blacksmith by trade.' Kaito thought, taking the second cup of tea that Arantima had prepared him. Just then a flash of light reflected on something heading right towards them at a fast pace. Whatever it was stuck itself into one of the seven remaining baozi buns sitting on the table.

Kaito removed the metal disc from the baozi bun, recognizing it to be a card of sorts. He proceeded to examine it excitedly as Arantima explained that this had been an exclusive membership card to the shop; one that entitled the holder of it to discounts on items sold within and access to the V.I.P area in the back to watch or partake in V.R. fights. He looked it over in his hands, taking into account the smoothness of the metal and the place on the back to "sign" it. He looked over as Arantima invited him to keep it, the older boy then proceeding to look around the room intently. He clearly was doing something with his tongue behind his closed lips but Kaito could not put a finger on what exactly it was he was doing. He then looked over at Kaito, but not into his eyes or even at his face; at his upper chest.

'What the heck?' Kaito asked himself, readjusting himself in his seat to where he sat a little farther away from Arantima and zipping up the raised collar of his mid-sleeved shirt until it was fully shut and covering everything on his upper body up to his lips, which peered out questioningly. Kaito recognized the glare. It was predatory-like, almost like the ones that dogs at the young Inuzuka's father's dog-training farm had. Arantima's nostrils also began to flare in and out, almost like he was able to smell the change in Kaito's demeanor from relaxed to on edge and slightly frightened.

"You okay, Tima?" Kaito asked, slightly withdrawn. He looked around out of the corners of his eyes, looking for the closest exit just to be safe. It wasn't so much that he didn't trust his friend but more so the fact that he was acting very much like a predator on the hunt. It was something Kaito had only ever seen one time before a few years before. He flashed back again, this time to when he and his old Ninken Kawomaru had been training in the deserts of the Wind Country a couple of years before. The two of them had been ambushed by a group of bandits and failed to defend themselves properly. The leader of the group had looked at Kaito in very much the same manner as Arantima before the earlier had made the young Inuzuka watch in horror as Kawomaru was killed in cold blood.

Kaito shook his head.

"That guy is long dead...' He thought, drawing up the similarities in his head. 'But this is still rather strange...'

Just as the thought crossed Kaito's mind Arantima proceeded to run his hands through his hair before pouring himself another cup of tea and raising it into the air. Kaito grabbed his cup from the table and followed suit as the messy-haired boy then asked what all he had done since graduating to the rank of Genin. Kaito readjusted himself back into his original relaxed position again once he noticed that Arantima seemed as though he was back to normal.

"Well to be honest not much. Some training here and there with my father and a friend of mine and some studying into puppetry Jutsu. I just got my headband yesterday morning and spent the whole day sleeping in anticipation of training last night." Kaito paused to take some swigs of his tea, downing almost the whole cup in two back-to-back gulps. It was amazing tea, after all. "Other than that I did sign up for my first mission. I'm supposed to be helping some older lady with her shopping later in the market square. It'll be nice to have some money to buy myself one of those "Jutsu Encyclopedias" you showed me last night." Kaito thought for a moment, knowing that he had forgotten something he wanted to say earlier before getting distracted by Arantima's predatory glares. "Oh, thank you for the membership card, by the way." He proceeded to place it into the item pouch at his left hip, tucking it in deeply so that he wouldn't lose it. "You mentioned that you had some sort of V.R. fight club here? I wouldn't mind checking it out, to be honest. I've never gotten a chance to see one in action before, not even the ones at the arena here in the village."

AP Utilized:
Items Utilized:

[Word Count (Post) - 847]
[Word Count (Total) - 1,861]

Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:58 pm
The air around Arantima was strange, but as he moved to stand that scent of his would kick up just enough to be able to be smelled over everything else that was on the table, petrichor the smell that was unique to a rainstorm kicking up light amounts of dust. That was Arantima's whole being in the realm of scent, nothing underneath or overbearing that smell as he reached behind himself and with his middle finger and thumb snatched his last bao bun with.. Did his nails get longer? The nails on his thumb and middle finger were well over four inches now while the rest of his nails were still Two inches.

Length mattered little, as they peirced the bao bun easily with almost no resistance meaning they were sharp as knives as he palmed the Baozi and gestured across the room towards a black door with gold lettering that read "Wind demons only". "In through there is the Wind demons lounge. You can get all of the same services as out here but there is also Hookah and viewing screens for the VR fight club. Hookah is A way of smoking specially prepared tobacco for relaxation. Just be careful because the scent in there is powerful and calming."

Arantima was in his own shop and seemed to have relaxed a fair bit, but that meant that he was back to moving at his own casual pace which caused a small gust of air through the shop as he Blurred around the Tables and patrons, stopping and resting with his back against the Door to the Members area. When Arantima wanted to move he could MOVE but when he was leaning he was holidng his Baozi like a squirrel almost and nibbling just on the outer layer of the bread as he waited for Kota to arrive. When Kota arrived Arantima took out his own Wind demons Guild card and inserted it into the slot by the door and the door clicked open after a moment.

Arantima was holding his Baozi in his mouth as he took his card back out of the slot and went through the door, beckoning for Kaito to follow him. The lighting inside the members area was much dimmer than the natural light lit main room. The light in here was all candle and torch light making the natural stone walls seem somewhat ominous but all of the seating in here were lavish booths with velvet upholstery and each seat had its own veiwing screen that was playing out what looked like a highlight reel of fights.

"Welcome to the Wind demons guild.. The VR fight club.  The Fighting arena is all digitally based but the fighters go into two seperate rooms on the opposite sides of the building." Arantima gestures to two black doors with gold lettering that reads "VR Fighter Chamber" They are labeled Attacker for the right side Vs the Defender for the Left side. Arantima walks over to the defender side, the door opens and the inside is brightly lit and pure white save for a medical looking chair and a headset that sits beside it.

"This.. is the VR chair.. It is technology on retainer from the Kazekage herself. Who incidentally funded the creation of this place." Arantima chuckled softly as if to himself as he looked over to kaito to see what his reaction would be.

548/2244 Words

Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage

Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:53 pm

Arantima took off towards the door at the same fast pace he had the previous night, the one where Kaito had to keep up a light jog just to keep up. Kaito sighed, standing up to his feet. His knees started to buckle below him but he pushed through the pain, wincing slightly as he managed to keep himself upright.

'How does Tima have so much energy left after our training last night?' He asked himself, his body feeling like that of an elderly person. 'My body is still on fire with aching pain for crying out loud.'

Kaito proceeded to grab two of the breakfast baozi buns from his and Arantima's plate, eating them as he proceeded towards one of the doors in the back of the shop. There was a sign on the door, almost a plaque of sorts, that read "Wind Demons only". It had been written in fine gold lettering and Kaito could not help but be impressed yet again by Arantima and his business ventures. Arantima, a bao bun hanging from his mouth, removed his membership card, the same one he had granted Kaito a few minutes prior, and inserted it into a card slot on the wall beside the door. Almost instantly a light click sounded and the door popped open inwards, a thin yet noticeable haze exiting from the room beyond.

With his Inuzuka-enhanced scent of smell, Kaito's nose filled instantly with the smell of burning coals and tobacco. The tobacco smell was heavily infused with that of cherries, heavily implying that it had to be shisha.

'Hookah...' He thought to himself, the smell reminding him of home as his father would typically smoke the stuff after long days on the farm. Kaito had tried the stuff once while his father left it unattended for a few moments, but the burning sensation in his throat that came after sucking in the smoke from the hose made him choke and gag at an exorbitant rate. Needless to say, his father had found him, wasn't too happy, and Kaito hadn't touched a hookah since.

Arantima motioned for Kaito to follow him into the room beyond. He did so and could not help but notice the vast amount of differences from the main room behind them. The furniture in here had been a lot nicer and each section of seating, lined up in booths, had its own television screen of sorts. Showcased upon the screens was what Kaito could assume were highlights of the V.R. fights that had been held there previously. The lighting was well was dimmer as well, coming from straight candlelight as opposed to the electrical lighting in the main room. Kaito couldn't help but draw the similarities to that of a vampire's home.

'As long as Tima doesn't turn into a bloodsucker I think I'll be okay.' Kaito chuckled to himself as he remembered Arantima glaring at his neck and upper chest earlier like a predator.

Kaito was gestured further into the room by Arantima as the older ninja described the process of V.R. fighting and how it all worked. There were two doors on opposite ends of the room in the far back, both bearing more plaques in gold lettering. The one on the right had read "Attacker" and the other one read "Defender". Arantima walked over to the door on the left that bore the "Defender" plaque and opened the door. Inside Kaito could see what appeared to be a hospital-esque scene. The room was lit tremendously by electrical lighting above, the room filled from top to bottom with all while tiles, and there was a single chair and stand in the center of the room.

"Honestly this is a lot... milder... than what I had envisioned it to be, Tima..." Kaito said, walking past Arantima and into the room. "Not your setup, in particular. I just assume that all V.R. arenas are set up like this, even the big one here in the village." On the stand in the center of the room stood a single headset, a jumble of wires seemingly connected to the chair next to it. Suddenly Kaito's ears perked up as Arantima explained that the Kazekage herself had funded the creation of the arena in the shop.  He turned around, the headset still in hand. "Lady Kazekage helped you get all of this started!?" He asked almost too excitedly. "That's awesome!" Kaito had never personally met Kazekage Mizuki, but from stories he had heard of her while he was growing up in Sunagakure, it was easy to admire and respect her strength.

Noticing himself getting too excited, Kaito took a deep breath and sat the headset back down on the table exactly as he had found it. He walked back out of the room and smiled at Arantima.

"So does Lady Kazekage ever fight with the V.R. headsets here?" He asked as he took a seat at one of the booths facing Arantima, blushing lightly. "I'd love to see how Kage-level Shinobi fight honestly."

AP Utilized:
Items Utilized:

[Word Count (Post) - 839]
[Word Count (Total) - 2,700]

Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:50 pm
"No.. Not yet. But She is the Kage and as such is very busy. And honestly I too would like to witness that level of combat someday too but for now.. I mostly just fight against the Patrons when they want to see what it is like. I Limit myself to only my Twin demon lance and no armor." Arantima shrugs and rubs the back of his head a bit. He looked at the rest of the area and chuckled nodding "The Battle booths are set up less privately at the big arena. They are designed for each fighter to be in the same room and plugged in together. And the veiwing area is much larger, arena style. The wind demons guild is more private but.. likewise becuase of its private nature you dont have to worry about using secret techniques here."

He looks back out into the smallish lounge and smiles at his place, even if it is not as bustling as he would like.. it would take time for that to happen.. More notoriety and the like. He looked back towards kaito and shrugged again "That is one of those things though isnt it? We often make a much grander image of something we are kind of excited about than it actually turns out to be." He Looked around at the empty room and went over to one of the party booths and sat down gently. He pulled up one of the screens that was used for viewing but it also had the capability of sending orders to the main restaurant and he sent off an order for a simple fruit plate.

He looks over at Kaito and clicks his tongue "So.. Tell me Kaito, what would you consider marks a Ninja as different from a regular person? And I dont mean the skills, the ability to mold chakra or the training.. I mean what makes a ninja different than a regular person." The question sounded serious, but not deadly serious, just something that was important. It was the type of question you would ask someone to find out who they are and how they think.

"Becuase to me.. It is More than drive. Its.. about a need to to do something.  A fire in your belly to prove to the world that you are something that deserves to be where you are regardless of what anyone ever thought. No matter how many people beat me down I always moved forward and looked towards the horizon and said One more step.. I was Always the one no one wanted around. I am a Ninja and not just a smith.. or a store clerk becuase I have something to prove, and that is not just something to the rest of them.. That is something to prove to myself.  What about you? Why are you a ninja?" He looked at Kaito curiously, Looking the younger genin up and down before leaning back into his seat and waiting for the answer.

He didnt seem to have one ounce of expectation in his body, and was genuinly curious about what Kaito was going to say to him on this subject.

528/2772 Words

Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage

Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:11 am

Kaito couldn't help but stare blankly at Arantima for a moment. It wasn't that he was not sure of his answer or anything of the sort, it was just that the question seemingly came out of nowhere. It, in a way, made sense though...

What was Kaito's Nindō?

He pondered for a second, building up the courage to say it aloud as Arantima had. The older boy sure had conviction, but that was what would separate the boys from the men. Kaito took in a deep breath, sitting forwards in the booth and crossing his arms on the table.

"What marks a ninja from regular people, huh?" Kaito smiled lightly. "Well, to start I would say that a ninja is someone who has an obligation to help those who cannot help themselves. Whether it be helping them with something as simple as carrying their groceries or as dangerous and fending off attacking Shinobi or Kunoichi." Kaito stood to his feet and started to pace back and forth with his hands motioning in excitement before him. "My father... He was a Konoha jounin before he lost his arm in battle and retired. This was years ago before I was even born, but Konoha was my birthplace. When I was a few years old Kirigakure attacked the village. My father, despite not being a ninja anymore, went out of his way to fight alongside his comrades and help get the citizens to safety." Kaito chuckled, reminiscing on the tales he had heard from his mother about his father's bravery that day. "He put his life on the line, despite not being a ninja anymore in a sense of employment, but because that ninja spirit lived on within him... Because that drive to help others came in its most dire time of need..." Continuing to pace excitedly, Kaito took a deep breath before continuing. He had never been asked what his drive to be a Shinobi was, and it was something that honestly made him happy to no end. "Whenever I moved here, things weren't that bad. They started out great, actually. But when I started training at the academy, things got a bit... rocky. I was bullied because of depression and treated with disgust because of my being an "outsider". Only one person accepted me; my best friend, Shō. He helped me to realize a conviction within myself... It never mattered where I was born, or where I lived as a matter of fact, or even the people in my life... I was still a ninja..."

Kaito sat down again at the booth, setting open palms flat upon the tabletop this time. He looked directly into Arantima's eyes, his own eyes glistening and a wide grin upon his face. His pronounced canines showed unmenacingly.

"So, what makes a ninja different than a regular person? Why am I a ninja? Similar to your reasoning, Tima. A ninja needs to have that drive... the need to protect those around them. No matter what country or world they come from. Our connections are not defined by birth, rather they are forged by how we decide to live our lives... I plan to embody that conviction by showing that despite the fact that I am an outsider, the drive to protect those around me still burns deep within my heart." Kaito paused yet again, breathing heavily from his utter excitement. He was getting himself rather worked up. "I failed once in protecting one of my closest friends, but that drive is something that I want to prove to everyone around me, including you, Tima."

Kaito suddenly jumped up, standing upon the leather booth and pointing his dominant thumb backwards towards himself.

"I am going to prove it to everyone someday, and once I have I am going to become the Kazekage and continue to protect everyone!" Kaito paused yet again as he reached his arm out towards Arantima, closing his eyes and grinning wider than ever as he waited for a handshake or a high-five or something along those lines. "For what it's worth, Tima, I want you around, and once I do become the Kazekage, I'm gonna have you there right by my side as my deputy... Let's make this world a better one for the sake of everyone..."

AP Utilized:
Items Utilized:

[Word Count (Post) - 714]
[Word Count (Total) - 3,414]

Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Arantima listened and nodded as Kaito talked about their time in the academy and smirked knowingly.. His time at the academy was very similar. "My parents.. Abandoned me. I am an orphan who struck out on his own, paid my way through the academy.. So I understand your time in the academy well." He stood up and leaned against the wall, shaking his head slightly as he tsked, not chidingly, but almost in disappointment. He looked up at Kaito with a neutral expression.

"You are almost there.. Just on the cusp of the right way. You are correct that we as ninja must have a drive that common folk do not. But that Drive should not limit us to those common ideals. We should not enable the others to remain feeble and without drive of their own. A woman holding her grocery bag should be as feared as any ninja walking down the street.. In a true Ninja society? A Hidden village should have none that require protecting. A Ninja must pave the way and be at the top, yes..  But That strength should flow down from them and into the people. Creating a barrier of strong wills that urge them forward.

He uncrosses his arms and holds a hand out freely on his left and right. He lifts the hand on the right "A man who is given a thousand Ryo may be grateful but has not gained anything but more time. A man who is taught how to earn that Ryo.. Has been moved forward, he gains skill, he gains knowledge. Arantima Makes the Dog and monkey signs with his left hand, and on the table in front of kaito a bag filled with ryo appears and lands on the table with a soft metallic sound.

He lifts his left hand and lowers the right hand "In a society where the strong provide for the weak and shelter them against it all. You foster that weakness and make them rely upon your strength. So what happens when you are injured and weaken yourself? What happens when your arm is gone and thre are none left to defend you after you sacrificed yourself to defend them for so long?" He says this, knowing exactly how pointed his words are going to be for the Younger Kaito.

Arantima claps both of his hands together and behaves as if he is crushing something between them and grinding it into a paste "You get weak people who wouldnt be able to kill a desert hare for food because they can not stand the sight of blood.  You get a society who would be toppled by a single man holding a blade without a defender to protect them. Instead we as ninja must be examples.. We as ninja need to show that strength is taken and never deserved.. Strength means being afraid but never stopping.. Means standing infront of a blade and getting cut so that you can tear out your enemies heart!"

Arantima throws his hands out to the sides and slams them into the wall behind himself, he is not strong but the sound it makes is rather impressive and he Growls darkly as he begins to move back to his seat "Failing to protect a friend.. Is no failure. It is an opportunity for you to seize in understanding weakness. The weakness of inaction. There is no one to save you but yourself when you are backed into a corner with a blade to your throat. People who are not willing to fight for their lives.. Are not worth saving because they would not save yours. Never forget that truth. It is not out of malice or out of ill will towards common folk that I say this. but it is because its a hard lesson."

Arantima looks over towards kaito and sighs softly "If, one day you do reach the point of being able to claim the title of Kazekage.. I will be there to congratulate you Kaito.  But I will not sit beside you, that is not my place. MY place is to ensure that the weak do not overstep their bounds and that those who wish to remain weak are weeded from the herd. Willful Weakness is a trait I will not tolerate.. And whether that is by a criminal choosing only targets that are weaker than themselves.. or by a commoner choosing to rely on the strength of others by begging, it does not matter. If you wish to steal, steal from those who can defend it. If you are injured and can no longer do manual labor share lessons of your life for food. Teach the younger to not repeat your life.. Instead of wasting it on the corner begging."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair as he picks at the fruit bowl that is finally brought through and plucks out a bit of dried apricot and devours it swiftly. "It may seem and sound harsh.. But It comes from a place similar to your reasons for being a ninja. Because you see. I myself.. am weak. I will always be weak. If I am weak, and you can not see a way to become my equal or surpass me? How can you exist in this world and be content with yourself? Strength is not always about physical strength and jutsus.. It is about the drive to hold on to what you have and take what you need from the titan like grip of life. Without strength this world will sap you dry." He looks up towards kaito once again, his eyes filled with sadness and regret but still filled with that same serial killer intensity.

Summoned an Item with armory seal -10 AP

954/3726 Words

Current Health Bar: 300/300 | AP: 985/1005

Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Kaito couldn't help but agree with Arantima. The boy was right; a ninja's drive should not only be to protect those around them. Sure that should be a factor, mostly in a "watch my back, I'll watch your's" kind of way, but he did have a point that a village, especially a Hidden Village like that of Sunagakure, should have no lack of manpower. Pondering, Kaito couldn't help but think that was part of the reason that Konoha had fallen to Kirigakure so many years prior.

Just then a bag appeared on the table between Kaito and Arantima out of thin air, making a small clinking sound as it landed. Kaito nodded, acknowledging that he understood what it was Arantima was saying.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime..." Kaito said in agreement, not trying to interject. He kept a steady look at Arantima as the latter continued on describing his interpretation of strength, throwing his arms behind himself and into the wall. The sound echoed throughout the back room of the building, almost drowning out his growling. Kaito couldn't help but gulp, this animalistic side of his new friend having come out to the surface again.

'He is almost more Inuzuka-like than me...'

Arantima continued to say how strength and inaction were weaknesses. As he did so Kaito reflected back to two and a half years prior; back to when he and his Ninken Kawomaru were training in the vast deserts of the Wind Country. The two had been surrounded by a gang of missing-ninja who were attempting to rob a merchant's caravan. The two fought hard, but Kaito remembered that it did seem as though Kawomaru was perhaps not giving it his all, or perhaps he himself hadn't given his all. Either way, Kawomaru had died, but had it really all been Kaito's fault like he had brought himself to believe? The two of them had been in a life-or-death situation, after all, and Kaito had been the only one left standing at the end of it all, even if just barely.

'Kawomaru...'

Coming back to his full senses, Kaito looked into Arantima's eyes. They still seemed as intense as usual, but had a sense of regret and sorrow in them. Kaito choked. The older boy was right about all of it. Strength was something that had to be taught and passed on. Simply protecting those without allowing them the will to be able to protect themselves was unacceptable. Kaito helped himself to one of the fruits upon the table, opting for an orange slice. He chews it slowly as opposed to boy on the other side of the table, pondering on everything that had just happened.

"You're right, Tima." He said after a moment of thinking smiling meekly. "I do still believe that a ninja's duty should be to protect those around them, but your words have helped me to broaden my understanding of things." Kaito coughed, clearing his throat as he gulped down the remainder of the orange slice in his hand. "Sure, I can be there to protect the people around me, but our duty cannot be simply to just let them be protected. As you said, we have to pass down our knowledge and wisdom to the next generation, just like you did for me last night actually, or it will all be for naught. Not even just that. The village has more than enough resources for anyone to train themselves and to make themselves strong." Kaito's smile became less meek, almost fully genuine actually. "We cannot let the weak hold us back, nor can we allow them to hold themselves back."

Kaito stopped talking for a moment, humming to himself as he chowed down on another orange slice. He then let out a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head as he did so.

"You really should be a philosopher or something man." He laughed. It was not meant to portray any condescension, quite the contrary. "Honestly, Tima. All of what you've said has got to be the most real and genuine stuff I've heard in a long time." Kaito stopped chuckling, clearing his throat again. He looked Arantima dead in the eyes, portraying a genuine look of seriousness. "I respect you, Tima, and I fully respect your decision to not be my deputy should I ever become the Kazekage. But please promise me that you will never forget that philosophy... Please make sure to continue to teach others that will of yours as you have taught it to me... that "Will of Sand" I'll call it."

AP Utilized:
Items Utilized:

[Word Count (Post) - 782]
[Word Count (Total) - 4,196]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum