Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Where the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki HyuugaLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 1:37 pmKutari Uchiha
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

cousin - In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro) Empty In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro)

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:18 am
A turn of events that no one could have possibly foreseen.  Tattered kimono and mud splattered legs, broken and dirty nails……..no hair tie to be seen and chopsticks just barely doing the job to maintain a bun.  The trip had started off well, there had been drinks and odd jobs, laughs and drinks, adventure and drinks…..but what had really done it was the drinks.  Looking an uncharacteristic mess Asahi wandered through the rice paddy fields.  Gaining some skeptical looks, but not really attracting his desired level of drama that he felt was needed for his current situation.

After he took up a limp that didn’t seem to gain any greater attention, he took to reaching for people.  “Please my cousin…..has anyone seen him?  Tall dark and gloomy”. Moving from person to person he’d describe his dear cousin in the greatest of details, for anyone who knew him….that was Asahi…….so their misunderstanding was reasonable to anyone but well, Asahi.  This would continue until surely Yasahiro would have gotten word of someone looking for him.

As for Asahi, he finally made it to a shamble of a gate, and fall to the ground.  Sitting in the dirt he contemplated on his journey here, and how the last couple weeks seemed like months.  Or was it longer than that?  It was so hard to tell, and really all he wanted was a shower and….a drink.
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 27500

cousin - In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro) Empty Re: In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro)

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:57 pm
Time held little regard for those around it and openly mocked those who would resist it. Days, weeks, and months slipped by in the blink of an eye leaving a lingering uncertainty in the back of Yasahiro Yagami's mind: what fate befell his late cousin? The question crept up on him in the idle moments of the morning and just before he lost himself to unconsciousness each night. Asahi's path along the border of Rice Country should have taken mere weeks; months had long since passed and the new leader of Tanbogakure, Yasahiro, lost hope for his younger cousin

Bound by the bureaucratic shackles of finance meetings, building plans, and a perverse sense of responsibility to the village, the samurai had long since resigned himself to his passive lot in life. Perhaps in a different life, he would have eschewed the mantle of Komekage to personally hunt down his kin, but that Yasahiro had long since died. Rather, he relied on rumors from merchants and the tall tales of vagrants and drifters that never turned up even the slightest clue about his cousin. And so the man buried himself in work with the intention of making his own living mausoleum on the edge of the world.  

Today in particular the fall air bit through the man's dark attire as he made his routine morning walk from castle Okada to the village gates. The village had long since employed enough gate guards, but the leader still found something sobering in the walk down from his high office to the common area below. Unlike his cluttered office, the cool mist-wrapped village provided a break from the millstone of responsibility resting about his neck—for a few minutes he could delude himself into thinking he'd escaped from the eyes on time.

The crumpled figure at the gates, however, laid such folly bare and the feeling of timelessness wicked off into nothingness once more. In a few strides, he stood over the familiar figure of a man he—mere moments ago—believed to be a ghost. Though he did appear as a shadow of his former self there was no mistaking it: this was Asahi, his cousin, and friend.

"It took you long enough," the Komekage held out a hand to his fallen friend.

If Asahi accepted the gesture, the samurai would pull the man up from the ground and into an embrace, appearances be damned. Perhaps in a few heartbeats, he would wake from this dream, but he would take it over the countless nightmare he'd had of late—a slim smile slipped across Yasahiro's face for the first time in a while.

"Where have you been?"
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

cousin - In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro) Empty Re: In search of Cousin (p, Yasahiro)

Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:54 pm
"took you long enough" The reflection of the comment was filled with sarcasm.  Still though he reached up and would grab hold of his cousins much more solid hand.  Allowing himself to be hoisted to his feet.  Reaching down he would brush off the loose dirt that on the once nice kimono.  Though, there was plenty underneath it.  Before he could even fully finish his attempted preening, he was embraced.  The strength of the mans arms and the sturdiness of his frame was not an unwelcome feeling after the misery that he had endured in the weeks prior.....but still he was in a mood.  So in typical Asahi fashion he had to at least pretend to be begrudging.  "Yes yes now don't go loosing the rugged mental image of you I have so solidly in my mind."  Still he allowed the embrace to continue for a moment with eyes rolling.  

"well.......I guess one could say I got lost on the journey of life.  There was this lovely little inn, then a small little bar, and then this bog of eternal stench.......at least that's what I consider it to have been."  He would take a moment to pull up the tatters that had been clothes and give it a dramatic sniff, which in turn caused an involuntary head twitch.  "See....smell this!"  He'd pull his collar up to Yasahiro's nose in a quick turn.  If his cousin fell victim to the most common of male bonding tradition of "this smells bad smell this" then he'd simply stomp and foot for emphasis "see told you so.  Anyway, so where is my room?"  He would smile up at his cousin.  Of course he would have a room.  In no scenario would his cousin have ever forgotten him, or not emphatically worked to find him.  Let alone not have made last provisions for the inevitable moment of his arrival.

He would start walking in past the gate if permitted, with eyes abound on the landscape.  A keen eyed individual may have perhaps noticed that Asahi had regained a pep in his step.  Perhaps he wasn't as skinny....maybe he'd been sucking it in for dramatic affect.  Well a keen eye might notice, not saying anyone around here would.  "Ummm....lovely place.." Asahi would say, his right arm horizontal across his body, left elbow resting on the back of his hand and head in his left hand.  Fingers flaring at the surrounding area for dramatic affect as he spoke.  He'd take it all in, waiting patiently for the grand tour that would end in a climax resulting in his new living residence, and a stiff drink.  He didn't say this of course, as how could that not be the inevitable outcome

TWC - 685
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 am
The acrid smell of something akin to skunk cabbage assailed the samurai's senses long before his cousin brought up his sorry state. Raising for what passed for clothing to his nose, however, made the stench all the worse and sent Yasahiro's stomach tumbling about. Breaking from his embrace, he took a step precautionary step back from his cousin while trying to ward off the smell with a wave of his hand. 

"Your room?" the older cousin's smile twitched into a wry grin. "You're not going to get in anywhere without a bath or two—"

"Sir," the deep thrum of Seigen Shigure, the on-duty gate guard, cut into the conversation. "Is this one causing trouble?"

"Not to worry, Seigen," Yasahiro shook his head. "This one's harmless for the most part, he's an old friend."

Satisfied, the burly man nodded once and returned to the small booth by the gates all while keeping one eye on Asahi. Newcomers were a rare sight as of late, especially with the teeth of the turning seasons cutting into the coastline. As such, suspicion of outsiders had become the norm of late despite the Komekage's best efforts.

"Well," he turned back to his cousin. "Shall we?"

Not waiting for a response, the former exile retraced his steps through the village of Tanbogakure. Around the pair rose an assortment of wooden buildings thrown together with seemingly little rhyme or reason. Some structures sported thatched roofs and likely stood one or two rungs up from a hovel, while others appeared to be of a more sturdy make typical of a hidden village. In truth, the village, save for the mighty Okada castle that looked down upon it, amounted to little more than an eclectic mix of old and new.

"It's not much, but this is Tanbogakure," the Komekage's tone softened with sentimentality. "When you didn't show up I spent quite a while wandering along the coast in search of work—and you, of course. Met a few people along the way and one turned out to be a disenfranchised noble. All he had to his name was a title and..."

The Komekage jabbed a finger up at the imposing Okada castle.

"...that castle. At the time, I thought nothing of the encounter save for the ryo it put in my pocket. In time, however," the Samurai glanced away from his cousin for fear of his mocking gaze. "I came to know the people of this land and—please don't laugh—care for them. They remind me of the people back home: open, honest, and hardworking."

The gaudy exterior of Taika's Tea and Bathhouse flashed in neon to their right as they continued on. 

"To make a long story short, Lord Kita and myself came to an agreement: I would back him financially, and he would lend the prestige his name commands in this country to the enterprise of village building." the wind shifted bringing the smell of the sea into the village. "I'm not sure if you've had the pleasure of meeting our neighbors to the south, but a local warlord has not taken too kindly to our joint endeavor. It seems blood follows me wherever I go—had you not shown up when you did I surely would have gone off and done something even more foolish."

Coming to a stop at the base of Okada castle, Yasahiro took a breath. The millstone of responsibility about his neck no longer felt quite as heavy as before nor the day before him so daunting. In the matter of a morning, everything changed for the better and all was as it should have been long ago. The months of worrying, drinking, and guilt were all worth it if this was where they led to; Asahi had not died some horrible death alone on the path and the Komekage had one less death on his conscience, for now anyway.

"What do you think?"
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 pm
With out thinking Asahi would make a shoo shoo sign with his fingertips at the guard. "oldest friend", soul mate, most trusted confidante, eternal companion through dishonor, honestly the names went on and on, oldest friend feeling far to beneath the rest. Still Yasahiro was a poet with the sword not with....well poetry Asahi supposed. So he let the unintended slight go like the bigger man he was....metaphorically speaking of course. For a time he'd maintain the same gesture, his walk becoming more leisurely, hips swaying just a touch. For a moment even the kimono seemed a bit brighter, the fabric not as tattered, the pitiful act.....I mean display......had served its purpose and the old Asahi was already breaking back through.

Uncharacteristically, he would simply listen and allow his cousin to speak to his hearts content. A change perhaps, but he was tired, and a touch confused about what was going on. The scruffy samurai at his shoulder had been less than noble not that long ago. Sure they'd both been humbled by circumstance, but Asahi could still see the fear and bloodlust that had formed a dichotomy over Yasahiro's face. He could feel the air humming with it not that long ago, and if he closed his eyes the night that had changed so much would play in his mind. None of this was to blame Yas, after all the greater forces pushed and pulled each individual. The kami roamed, and so must the kindred spirits of the land. Each adventure was fine and right on time, never early or late. yes still this one was seeming even for him a touch hard to believe.

He'd almost walked towards the bath house, but fell back in line as Yasahiro continued speaking and didn't stop. They would wind up at the base of an old, yet still standing castle. "Could do with a feminine touch...but I have a few thoughts. Maybe.....a coat of lilac paint over the rails.....and some flowers in window sills. For sure needs more wind chimes, everything is prosed up with more wind chi....." He would stop talking looking at what was likely a quizzical look on Yasahiro's face. "Ahhh you mean all of it, not how I'd fix the castle. I see well yes first things are first."

He'd put his hands on his hips, and shake his head, the remaining chopstick that had tied his hair up falling down leaving the matted hair to fall in makeshift dreads. "I think its luck I came along when I did. Clearly you needed me. O cousin, the world is a crazy place.......but its a little less crazy when we are together." He'd give a genuine smile, and reach up to playfully punch his cousins chin gently. A bit silly given the size difference, but it was a gesture he had used before. Turning, he'd take another look about. "Well if the tea shop needs any assistance I'd be more than happy to help, and the place could do with a prayer or two.......yes.......it's a fine place. Better than a fall apart hut in a swamp anyway." He would laugh turning, the familiar brightness to his eyes. "Now, before warlords and responsibilities.......how about a public bath, some hot sake, and maybe....." Right on que a loud growl would escape his stomach. "A bite to eat?" He'd turn it into a question with his words, but with Asahi things where rarely questions, rather statements waiting to be acted on. Deserved or not.

TWC - 1268
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:27 pm
The intervening months had done little to refine his younger cousin's tastes. Flowers, wind chimes, and lilac railings simply wouldn't do on a building meant to stand as a reminder of strength and security. Perhaps in a different time and under different circumstances, Asahi could have his wish but not here and not now.

"Crazy?" the samurai scoffed. "Insane is probably the better word, but I suspect you're right, nonetheless. We do make quite the team."

Turning back to the castle alongside his cousin, Yasahiro sighed. Asahi's hedonism, while once detrimental to the pair's shared wallet, did have a certain charm to it.

"I'll join you for a meal at the very least," the Komekage took the lead back to the teahouse. "Unfortunately, however, I'll have to take a rain check on the bath—I've still got quite the day ahead of me."

The millstone of responsibility still hung heavily about the older cousin's neck and could not so easily be discarded, even for family. Today's schedule alone included a planning meeting, daily muster, and a whole slew of mundane administrative tasks that the leader had come to abhor above all else. No, he didn't have time to be lazing about in the baths, how would that look to the people of Tanbogakure? Far too much remained to be done to be resting now. Perhaps later, there was always later.

A short walk later, the cousins sat across from each other at Taika's teahouse with tea for Yasahiro and sake for his cousin on the way.  This early in the morning, the pair were the only patrons, and it would likely remain that way for the foreseeable future. Most of the village was off at work already and few had time for pleasantries with the rice harvest well underway.

"Now," the samurai leaned back in his chair. "I want to hear everything, surely something more than simply 'getting lost on the journey of life' kept you away for so long—tell me about it."

The tea and sake arrived.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm
Stoic as ever his cousin steered the conversation away from actually enjoying life, in favor of what was practical.  Honestly it would probably take murder to allow his cousin to let go.....to soon?  "fine fine, if that is what you wish."  Though he attempted to maintain his characteristic air of frivolity, the road had worn on his good humor.  Deflating only slightly the small montage of activities would be experienced only to fade his attention back in at a tea house and a warm glass of sake.  To which he quickly poured into the tiny ceramic bowl and drank.

A long sigh escaped his throat as the burn hit all the right places.  "Everything?  What a thrilling tale that would be."  He'd take another sip before going into a long winded story.  There were bandits, tea house jobs, impersonating a holy man at a shrine to he assured his cousin simply to live with the bare minimum of food surely the gods would not mind, there was more bandits......and so on and so on.  Was it all true?  Hard to say really, because what is our experiences except the stories that we tell ourselves.  And the truth had a nasty habit of interrupting the best stories.

Finishing the, what he considered, small bottle of sake he would order one more.  Pulling his kiseru out from his tattered clothes, he'd give it a quick pack and  light.  He'd puff deeply before offering it over.  The smoke smelling somehow of both tobacco and lavender, at least in some small way giving credibility to a more outlandish tale of a bandit, a princely caravan, and one lucky falling apple.  

"well then......"  He'd say with teh closest tone to seriousness he ever really made it too, "Are your roots planted?  Here, doing this of all things?"  he'd gesture around indicating the village, and then reach for the pipe if Yasahiro had partook.  He'd take a couple more breathes blowing loose rings while he listened to Yasahiro's answer.  

Should his cousin indicate in anyway, as he had a feeling he would, that he was indeed settled for the moment he would continue, "Well if you'll have me I guess I can stick around too.  I'm sure you've desperately needed me, and the kami have seen fit to provide."  He'd give a playful shrug, "After all, what else do I have to do really?"  The question hung open and all though it wasn't meant to some salt could fall in old wounds.  

What could the younger Agami do?  Banished from their complex, a criminal in a loose sense, but homeless and jobless, and unmistakably short of coin in a very real sense.  He'd followed Yasahiro without hesitation, he'd lived with him in an abandoned house in the middle of the swamp, and somehow they had found each other again.  Poetic, tragic, or sad it was hard to say, but it was the way it was.

TWC - 1757
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:18 am
Bandits, holy men, and tobacco, oh my.

Yasahiro listened to his cousin's stories with the same rapt attention he once had in their previous swamp-bound home. And, for a few brief minutes, everything felt as it should: the two of them laughing, drinking, and reminiscing together as if they'd never missed a beat. Perhaps the past couple of months existed only as a transient dream, what business did a samurai have playing statesmen, after all? He belonged on the open road with nothing but Asahi and his sword by his side. No, no, it was impossible; reality reared its ugly head alongside the pipe offered by Asahi, and whatever delusions he previously entertained proved to be just that.

"Mmm," he accepted the pipe and cast a glance out the window. "Yes, I suppose I'm committed to this project and these people. I started it, and I'd like to see it through to the end. Wherever that may lead."

Exhaling a thin stream of smoke, the former exile watched idly as it spooled out into nothingness in the air before him. Somewhere in the village, a bell rang as a rice-laden caravan crawled past Taika's. He couldn't run away now—not again.

"What else do you have really?" Yasahiro repeated his cousin's words, flashed a wry smile, and passed back the pipe. "You mean besides conning holy men, besting bandits, and misappropriating whatever that stuff is?"

He gave a half nod to the pipe and suppressed a cough as the smoke hit his lungs.

"Well, I certainly won't turn down someone so willing to help," Asahi now had his full attention. "I'll file the necessary paperwork, make the proper introductions, and get you a place to stay. That said, I can't afford a show of nepotism when it comes to your position in the village: you'll have to start at the bottom, just like anyone else, and work your way up."

Reaching across the table, the older cousin offered a hand to his younger counterpart, hoping to seal the deal.

"Is that acceptable?"
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:40 pm
A smirk of surprise and something akin to pride crossed Asahi’s face.  Whatever had occurred during their hiatus together, it sat well on his cousin.  He’d always been a serious man, but to take hold and lead, well Asahi wasn’t so sure that had always been on the surface.  Still, now that it was how could he refuse.  He’s followed his cousin out of the Yagami compound, and he saw no reason not to follow him here as well.  Plus the Saki hadn’t been half bad, and he already had ideas on how to spruce up the joint when the proprietor surely would have time to listen to him.  

He’d now his head as though accepting a great offer.  “Well, we can discuss my pay over a dinner of your treat mayhaps a little later…….but I think this is something I can do.”  He’d smile and reach out shaking his cousins hand before taking another breath of smoke.  The waitress would come by and clear up as he sat.  His eyes moving around the small cafe in professional interest.

He’d lean back in his chair, letting the conversation continue until his cousin was whisked away by duties.  Finishing a smoke and a drink he thought about how strange the past months have been.  Yet, thing always seemed to work out.  Settling himself up, he’d stand.  A bath, the temple, and a nap……..then the next adventure could begin. He had a feeling, what was to come was finally a bit of peace…….at least that’s what he told himself.
-exit

TWC - 2014

+20 to chakra 
785 to finish Hiding camo
1229 towards Chakra disguise
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:59 am
"Good," Yasahiro smiled and shook his cousin's hand. "Find an inn for the evening, I'll get you somewhere more permanent before the end of the week."

Breaking the handshake, he leaned back in his chair once more.

"Now, let me tell you about this place up the coast..."

The conversation continued for about twenty minutes more. They spoke of trivial happenings, fond memories, and future plans—the types of things family should talk about after being apart for so long. Talk of responsibilities, expectations, and restrictions could come later; for now, the pair simply shared a pleasant conversation. Unfortunately, it was over all too soon, as Yasahiro's own responsibilities, expectations, and restrictions pulled him away from his cousin. After all, for better or for worse, he still had a village to run.
---
Exit & Thread Closed
TWC: 1910
- Officially accepting Asahi Yagami into Tanbogakure at Genin rank
1750/1750 for B-rank Perfect Body
+ 160 towards Lightness Skill
+ 38 trained AP
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum