Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
Staff List
Administrators:
Mizuki Ohta [Head Admin]

Moderators:
Kenshin [Head Mod]

Trial Staff:
Kita Hajime [Trial Admin]
Ryuzaki [Trial Mod]
Daiko [Trial Mod]
Nova Tsuba [Trial Mod]
Moosiah [Trial Admin]
Suika Yuki [Trial Admin]
Guren Chinoike [Trial Mod]

Approval Moderators:
Ita

NPC'ers:
All Staff

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads
Top posting users this week
66 Posts - 31%
29 Posts - 13%
22 Posts - 10%
19 Posts - 9%
18 Posts - 8%
14 Posts - 7%
13 Posts - 6%
12 Posts - 6%
12 Posts - 6%
10 Posts - 5%
Word Counter

A Fond Farewell

+4
Daiko
Gonk
Kizmaru Senju
Keita
8 posters
Go down
Keita
Keita
Anbu
Anbu
Ryo : 210250
100%

A Fond Farewell Empty A Fond Farewell

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:56 pm
Right now, I’m pretty positive that I am leaving the site or at least putting it way on the backburner, and this is simply a chronicle of things that led up to that. This can be broken down into three main things that I feel are wrong with the site, in ascending order of importance. First, staff transparency. Second is balancing, and the third is the staff team in general. This isn’t going to be a debate, or a hashing out of what people could do to change these problems, as it’s quite clear to me that the staff team as a whole does not want these things to change, or they would have. Let me also preface this with: What I am about to say is my opinion based on my personal observations. I don’t have all of the context, no one does, so I can only go off of the information available to me right now. I apologize if I offend anyone, but that is not my intent.

Staff Transparency

This is a pretty big issue and one that I’ve brought up a couple of times, but didn’t put it in any concrete area like the staff suggestions, so maybe this is on me. I feel that staff has very little to no interactions with non-staff about how things that affect them should be balanced. As an example, most people who use Taijutsu actively didn’t really get any saw, suggestion, or feedback in how Tai was handled. This could be said the same for puppetry, as Plantboi has said multiple times he dislikes puppetry, but is on the puppetry rework team. This isn’t to say he’s going to be biased about it and ruin it, but you can’t really expect someone who has no interest in something to change it in a way that the users on the site feel comfortable with. There really needs to be a section on site that lets the members know what is being looked at and to put suggestions on it and allow for a bit of debate.

Working out everything internally and then suddenly springing it on everybody is not the right way to go about things, in my opinion. Working together with the people that the rework will specifically affect is something that the staff team should strive to do.

Balance
Now this is a pretty huge one for me, and slightly ties in to the staff team, but that is a more pressing issue. There have been multiple things that I have seen on here that were simply wildly out of balance, but got approved anyways. Some of these things got instantly approved without Trial Mod input, which I always believed shouldn’t be a thing, and was told multiple times that it was bad and shouldn’t be done, but nothing came of that. This hasn’t been happening rampantly, but enough times to where a couple of members have brought it to my attention, and usually the techniques are way too strong, in my opinion. I’m not going to give examples of these really powerful jutsu essentially getting approved, as it would seem I’m calling out the member specifically. It is almost impossible to be impartial to your own techs as I stated previously, so if you have one of these techs, it’s not personal.

This is even more egregious when you think of certain specialties as a whole. Everyone who has interacted with me should know I am an avid opponent of Sensory being its own specialty. It is extremely niche and narrow of a specialty, hiding your presence or finding someone else’s. Even that is incredibly strong, as shown in the multiple fights people have used one of these hiding jutsu. People can rant all day long about how to counter it, but when it has been actually used in high level fights, it has been essentially unbeatable. Space Time is another one, as it has extremely powerful and nearly uncounterable effects in the form of teleporting and phasing, but people have been getting ninjutsu like effects on it, most of these effects being better than ninjutsu of the same rank while allowing the Chakra main people to have minimal investment in Vigor, which is what I thought we as staff were trying to prevent, any one stat being overly stronger than another.

This makes Space/Time the most powerful specialty on the site, and it’s not really even close, and it just keeps getting stronger. Taijutsu has always been handled in a similarly non-balanced way, but in the opposite direction. Taijutsu is easily the weakest specialty on the site at the moment, as the only viable things taijutsu can use are ranged, which defeats the purpose of the revamp trying to help it. The main problem I see is that you have to jump through more hoops to get similar damage to crazy map altering nukes and long range lasers while also being able to compete with them, but your main aspect is melee range. This makes Taijutsu essentially just the damage portion of ninjutsu, with barely any of the toolbox like effects that make Ninjutsu so strong. Puppetry is well… a whole nother animal that will get spoken about soon in the next section.

Staff Team
Let me preface this by saying that so far, all of the staff team are good people, and this is not a personal attack, but feel free to see it that way.

Only Kenshin has what I would call enough experience and knowledge of the combat system here to be able to balance things, and even then I don’t agree with a lot of his balance decisions. This is talking about the admin team only, by the way. This has led to a lot of problems, as the admin team shouldn’t even be controlling where the site goes in terms of balance. Their jobs should be relegated to steering the direction of the site as a whole, taking care of systems, events, site maintenance, things of this nature. Because of the weird and honestly unacceptable position the staff team is in with only have admins and admins in training, the site is veering off what I would call an acceptable course.

The trials are supposed to learn from the staff team above them and turn into full mods sooner or later when they have a good grasp on balancing things. This is nearly impossible to do, because they trial approve things that still have major flaws or balancing mistakes(as is expected from a trial staff member), and instead of the staff above them pointing out what they did wrong, a lot of the times a full approval gets slapped on it. The jutsu goes unnoticed until it is used in combat or similar, and then it gets looked at and nerfed(sometimes this doesn’t even happen). This leads the trials into thinking that this is how the site is meant to be balanced, since the admins are essentially saying “Yes, this balance is fine.” which is simply a downward spiral.

Now, time for the elephant in the room. Again, this is not a personal attack, but feel free to interpret it that way. Mizu should have stepped down from the admin team. Mizu has said herself that she has not touched much of anything in two months, essentially admitting that she was not doing her job. She also admitted that she does not like the community or the site as a whole, which obviously raised a ton of red flags from people. This got bad enough to where Kutari, who thought he could have a heart to heart with his friend, was dragged back into dealing with this admin problem. After a bunch of talking, it seemed like Mizu was going to step down, which would have been good for her and the site, I believe, but then suddenly nothing came of it.

Now this IS a personal attack: I really wish that the admins(multiple) that dragged in an almost unrelated person to try and fix whatever problems they had wouldn’t have suddenly misplaced their backbone and pretended like they didn’t know what anyone was talking about when asking Mizu to step down. Mizu should have left and had a nice relaxing vacation from all the stress that admin-ship obviously brings her.

Speaking of the admins, let’s keep going. The admins only jobs as I’ve said before should be Events, Systems as a Whole, and Site Maintenance. Events have been essentially ignored and brushed off onto the trial mods. Systems have also been brushed off and handed to the trial mods. Site Maintenance has also been brushed off and handed to the trial mods. It seems like Moose is the only one to have done anything significant in a long while in regards to systems(if you helped and were a big part, obviously I’m not talking about you). Thanks for the awesome mission system and all the missions, Moose. Getting back to Site Maintenance, the rules are a mess, all over the place, and some of them are really outdated. The master directory is sparsely populated even that should be a job of the Full Mods(oops, there are none). Volcano still has all of it’s sub-directories and is still essentially a country anyone can visit and RP in normally even though it was destroyed.
There hasn’t been an activity check in… well almost as long as I’ve been on the site. Old things aren’t getting archived when new ones replace them, there are still several things in the wrong places, as well as a large number of other things. These have been brought to the attention of staff a few times that I know of, but were never fixed. Staff have also said that people should make a list of these things, but that isn’t THEIR job, it’s the admins. The systems being in the works is also a problem, as it sees that no one is making sure that the systems in the works, Puppetry and Augments currently, are being done. They had remained completely untouched for over a month and no one said anything. There are still no Full Mods… this is something that needs to change, and fast. This will not only lighten the load on the admins but also allow them to focus on Events, banners, and other things.. You know, their actual jobs on site.

Overall, it seems that for whatever reason/s the admin team is not doing their jobs very timely or effectively, and taking over the jobs of the nonexistent Full Mods and doing that lackluster as well. Whenever I seem to bring anything like this up, I usually get a “Yeah well… we’re working on it.” or something to that effect, simply brushing any legitimate concerns under the rug.

Conclusion
I most likely missed some stuff and didn’t put my thoughts as cleanly and organized as I could, but I’m just one man that has some opinions. Again, I really think everyone on staff currently is a great person, and I love being what I would call at least friendly acquaintances with you, but there are too many glaring issues for me to simply sit back and continue on with this. I will be stepping down from staff effective immediately and will most likely be heading out of the site. I’ll try to complete any active threads and maybe lurk, but don’t expect my activity on site to be even 1/5th of what it is currently.

Kizmaru Senju, Satoru Jugo, Daiko, Travin Rentei, Enishi Kurosawa, Yohei, Noboru Kaito and like this post

Kizmaru Senju
Kizmaru Senju
Master
Master
Ryo : 2700
100%

A Fond Farewell Empty Re: A Fond Farewell

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Meh, somebody said it albeit, it was long after the appointed time. Of course this goes for me as well but I was just gonna quietly leave. But it kind of sucks when it feels like you don't have a voice when blanatant favoritism and the manipulative games people play involves the entire site and the time people put in to make this a fun hobby and decent community. but alas, I'm too old for usual Naruto drama bullshit and I just want to hang out with my friends and maybe make some new ones along the way and ever since V7, it was getting harder and harder for me to do so. Ah well. See you guys on NRPG later. Hope that love triangle works out.

Daiko, Enishi Kurosawa, Yohei, Noboru Kaito and Goro Tanaka like this post

Gonk
Gonk
Anbu
Anbu
Ryo : 70400
100%

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:22 pm
Sorry to hear this from you guys, I really enjoyed interacting with you and I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do from now on. <3

Goro Tanaka likes this post

Daiko
Daiko
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Ryo : 96000
100%

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 pm
Well put, my friend. Well put.

I agree.

Koutaku and Goro Tanaka like this post

Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Raikage
Raikage
Ryo : 22450
100%

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:02 am
Sad to read this, but as a mad lad once said, "reality is often disappointing".

Just wanted to let you know that in my humble opinion, you and Kiz are top tier writers and combat writers, and I'm sad we didn't get the chance to write more (or at all).

Godspeed.
Pageboy
Pageboy
Genin
Genin
Ryo : 9450
100%

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:05 pm
See you round, the both of you, sad I never got the chance to rp with yall too much or play league/shitpost in vc one last time, but the limited time shared was enjoyed.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Ryo : 223500
100%

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:02 pm
If anyone has any specific complaints, feel free to reach out to me via PMs or discord. We'd like to keep NRPG as 
democratic as possible which means if the user base thinks a system isn't working or a staff member should step down, all you need is a majority vote. As I'm sure the admin team will agree. 

<3

Fu likes this post

Yohei
Yohei
Jounin
Jounin
Ryo : 0
100%

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:23 pm
It is what it is
Sponsored content