Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
Staff List
Administrators:
Mizuki Ohta [Head Admin]

Moderators:
Kenshin [Head Mod]

Trial Staff:
Kita Hajime [Trial Admin]
Ryuzaki [Trial Mod]
Daiko [Trial Mod]
Nova Tsuba [Trial Mod]

Approval Moderators:
Ita

NPC'ers:

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads

Top posting users this week
28 Posts - 17%
22 Posts - 14%
22 Posts - 14%
18 Posts - 11%
15 Posts - 9%
14 Posts - 9%
14 Posts - 9%
10 Posts - 6%
10 Posts - 6%
9 Posts - 6%
Word Counter

Go down
Morio Hoshimura
Morio Hoshimura
Genin
Genin
Fame : 4
Ryo : 500
100%

Dance of the Shikigami [V7] Empty Dance of the Shikigami [V7]

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:18 pm
Name: Dance of the Shikigami
Element: Paper
Spec Type: Ninjutsu
Backstory:

Appearance:
Dance of the Shikigami [V7] 2ns2m15
Handseals: None
Duration: Indefinite
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Range: 35m
Power:-
Speed: 40/50/Vigor
Health:   Users health
Stat Boosts:
What it does:

Using their high origami and ninjutsu skills, the clan member can turn their body and clothing into many sheets of paper. They can control and reshape even parts of their body with sheets at will, making such forms as weapons for attack, butterflies for spying, paper airplanes for quick transport, or simply covering their enemy in sheets of paper, restricting and asphyxiating them. They are also capable of hovering while in their paper form. The user transforms and moves at jutsu speed/

This paper is seemingly expendable, including parts of their body converted to paper. They can also hide explosive tags amongst their papers to add a deadly surprise to their attacks.

The amount of explosive tags the user can use in total with this technique is 100, and all explosive tags must be on the character or made using a technique.  While the user assumes the form of the Dance of the Shikigami, each paper jutsu used while in this form's ap is cut in half during the duration of the transformation. Paper jutsu B rank and lower's AP cost is cut in half when used with this form, but it does not stack with masteries.

[Things like spawning airplanes and covering people will be separate jutsu.]

Character Specific: No
Wordcount to learn: 4 1,500/2,000/5,000
Action Cost: 20/30/50, 10/15/25
Mastery: Y
Bonus Requirements: Paper Clan
Canon or Custom: Canon
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dance_of_the_Shikigami
Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Genin
Genin
Fame : 12
Ryo : 56855
100%

Dance of the Shikigami [V7] Empty Re: Dance of the Shikigami [V7]

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:46 am
Hello Morio! I have a couple of notes for you today!

So first things first, I'm going to ask that the AP be increased to Activation 35/40/100 and Upkeep 15/20/50 To keep in line with the AP costs listed in the Jutsu Creation Guidelines.

Secondly, I'm going to have to ask that we put an actual duration on the technique, as we're slowly moving away from indefinite techniques on site as a whole (Admittedly there are some types of techniques that are exceptions, but this is not one of them). My personal limit is no more than 5 Posts. Adding onto that note, cooldown will need to be greater than the duration of this technique, so if your chosen duration is anything higher than 3 posts, cooldown will need to be raised accordingly.

Thirdly, I'll need to ask for a little clarification about the technique. It sounds like a free manipulation technique of nearly endless streams of paper to me. Is that the case? Is it just a unique transformation technique for Paper Release users? If so, why does the technique have a range? I'll need a bit more clarification about what specifically it's supposed to do before rendering judgement.

Fourthly, I'll need you to add some hand seals to the technique.

Finally, I ask that you clarify the AP reduction effects. As it stands right now, this is the original text associated with the ability: "While the user assumes the form of the Dance of the Shikigami, each paper jutsu used while in this form's ap is cut in half during the duration of the transformation. Paper jutsu B rank and lower's AP cost is cut in half when used with this form, but it does not stack with masteries." It's a little bit confusing. Does it mean ALL paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced? Only B-Rank and below paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced? All paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced, but B-Rank jutsu get double the reduction? This will need some slight clarification.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to message me on Discord!
Morio Hoshimura
Morio Hoshimura
Genin
Genin
Fame : 4
Ryo : 500
100%

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
Just saw this so let me clarify some things so we can get this moving:

Secondly, I'm going to have to ask that we put an actual duration on the technique, as we're slowly moving away from indefinite techniques on site as a whole (Admittedly there are some types of techniques that are exceptions, but this is not one of them). My personal limit is no more than 5 Posts. Adding onto that note, cooldown will need to be greater than the duration of this technique, so if your chosen duration is anything higher than 3 posts, cooldown will need to be raised accordingly.

Where do we have the rule that we are phasing out indefinite techniques? I'm not the guy to pull out references to this, but if i have to for sake of the argument than i will, but Indefinite techniques are very much still around and are still being approved.

"So first things first, I'm going to ask that the AP be increased to Activation 35/40/100 and Upkeep 15/20/50 To keep in line with the AP costs listed in the Jutsu Creation Guidelines."
Adding onto my last statement, while the ap is off by a bit, it should be 30/40/50 not 35/40/100. There isn't an increase to power so it would follow the base numbers, unless there is a precedence that i am missing in the rules.

"Thirdly, I'll need to ask for a little clarification about the technique. It sounds like a free manipulation technique of nearly endless streams of paper to me. Is that the case? Is it just a unique transformation technique for Paper Release users? If so, why does the technique have a range? I'll need a bit more clarification about what specifically it's supposed to do before rendering judgement."

The technique is a free manipulation technique in the sense only that it allows the user to mold any other paper release technique through it. It is also a unique transformation. the reason it has a range is for techniques that are made within the users vicinity can be controlled, but only through special clauses in the techniques that are made after this.

"Finally, I ask that you clarify the AP reduction effects. As it stands right now, this is the original text associated with the ability: "While the user assumes the form of the Dance of the Shikigami, each paper jutsu used while in this form's ap is cut in half during the duration of the transformation. Paper jutsu B rank and lower's AP cost is cut in half when used with this form, but it does not stack with masteries." It's a little bit confusing. Does it mean ALL paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced? Only B-Rank and below paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced? All paper jutsu have their AP cost reduced, but B-Rank jutsu get double the reduction? This will need some slight clarification."

Each paper jutsu used in this form's ap is cut in half. Yes. The clarification is already there in the clause "Paper jutsu of B rank and lower have their AP cost cut in half. So Any Paper Technique that falls into that category have their AP costs cut in half.
Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Genin
Genin
Fame : 12
Ryo : 56855
100%

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Hello Jaye! I'm so sorry about the wait, I didn't realize you'd responded.

So first things first: While there are techniques that are indefinite (Like Fuinjutsu Seals and the like), free and infinite manipulation of the user's body in addition to a movement buff and flying is not one of them. I am under no circumstance comfortable with allowing this as an indefinite technique. Please add a duration to the technique.

Additionally speaking on your "floating" clause, please add a max flight cap of 50 for it.

Additionally, it doesn't particularly matter that it only has Speed and Health, it still goes above the base numbers for its rank and thus is eligible for increased AP cost. Other people have tried this argument and it did not work in those situations either. Also, your math is off in your "corrected" AP costs. Base power/speed for B-Rank is 30, and because it's listed as 40 in your post, AP would go up to 35. Please increase it to 35/40/100 Activation to keep in line with these rules.

Additionally on a further read-through, I realized that your WC learning cost is off as well. Please increase it to 1750/2500/5000 to keep in line with said Jutsu Guideline rules.

Free manipulation techniques utilized through this jutsu are fine, but they will need to be judged on an individual and case by case basis, and jutsu will not all be granted access to free manipulation by default once you access this transformation (If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly). I just want you to be aware of that before it passes on to full review.

If it's only the case that B-Rank jutsu get their cost reduced, please only put that down. As it reads right now it says that both all paper jutsu AND B-Rank and below jutsu gain the half cost AP feature. If that isn't the intention, please remove the first like that says: "While the user assumes the form of the Dance of the Shikigami, each paper jutsu used while in this form's ap is cut in half during the duration of the transformation"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum