Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
Staff List
Administrators:
Mizuki Ohta [Head Admin]

Moderators:
Kenshin [Head Mod]

Trial Staff:
Kita Hajime [Trial Admin]
Ryuzaki [Trial Mod]
Daiko [Trial Mod]
Nova Tsuba [Trial Mod]
Moosiah [Trial Admin]
Suika Yuki [Trial Admin]
Guren Chinoike [Trial Mod]

Approval Moderators:
Ita

NPC'ers:
All Staff

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads
Top posting users this week
75 Posts - 28%
35 Posts - 13%
33 Posts - 12%
27 Posts - 10%
25 Posts - 9%
22 Posts - 8%
14 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 5%
12 Posts - 4%
Word Counter

Go down
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Raikage
Raikage
Ryo : 22450
100%

Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7] Empty Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7]

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Name: Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique
Element: Earth
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Special Jutsu Type: Debuff
Backstory: -

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7] Latest?cb=20150815015721
Handseals: Horse, Hox, Ram, Hare, Snake | Dragon, Horse, Hox, Ram, Hare, Snake
Duration: 3 posts or until cancelled/4 posts or until cancelled
Cooldown: Posts used +2/Posts used x2
Range: Touch
Power: -
Speed: -
Health: -
Stat Boosts: -
What it does:
A-Rank:
By influencing the effect of gravity upon a target, it makes said target much lighter, meaning they can move more easily, but at the same time, softening whatever impact they inflict. Due to decreased gravity the target suffers a decrease to Strength by 50. If used on weapons this technique will increase the throwing/swing speed of the weapons by 50, but will decrease the impact force of the weapon by 50.

Lessening of gravity effect means also that the target of this technique can be lifted or maneuvered as if needing less 50 Strength, as described in the Strength Guidelines, for example: If the target of this technique is a smaller summon (5-10m in size), then rather than necessitating 75 Strength to lift them overhead with ease but using both arms, one would only need 45 to fulfil the requirements for the lift.

S-Rank:
Much like its previous rank, this technique (affectionately called Ultra-Light Weight Rock Technique) will affect the effect of gravity upon a target. Due to decreased gravity the target suffers a decrease to Strength by 70. If used on weapons this technique will increase the throwing/swing speed of the weapons by 70, but will decrease the impact force of the weapon by 70.

This technique is notable in that it makes even impossible feats possible, such as lifting gargantuan summons or bijuu.

Should the target of this ability have it's Strength reduced to 1, their physical attacks and interactions will result in a light, soft touch, as if being struck by a floating dandelion. While under effect of this technique, anything lighter and smaller than a small summon will immediately lose their footing and float, as it were, and any motion will set them flying off in whatever direction they motioned against. This can be countered if the user has mastered Ultra-Light Weight Rock Technique, or if they have a flying technique of their own they can activate to fly, as the loose pull of gravity will not allow them to walk for the time that this technique is active.

In regards to lift requirement as defined in the Strength Guidelines, the requirement drops by 70 points, for example:
If one were to try and lift a Small Summon (5-10m) over their head with both arms, rather than needing 75 Strength to do so, they would need only 5 Strength.

Flight: By mastering this technique for the express purpose of flight (ie, can’t master the technique for handseals and claim this), the user is able to maintain this technique active on themselves and pay continuous AP in order to dissipate their chakra around them, influencing the atmosphere around them and effectively achieving flight. This requires practice, hence the mastery.

The values in this technique are non-scalable. In the event of Added/Ultra-Added Weight being applied to the same target, the technique applied with the highest Vigor will prevail, either by reducing the stats alteration, nullifying the technique or it remaining unaffected.

Character Specific: -
Wordcount to learn: 2500/4000
Action Cost: 40AP/50AP, 50AP upkeep for Flight
Mastery: Handseals (still requires the clap in either halved seals or no seals); Flight (S-Rank only)
Bonus Requirements: Earth First Element for S-Rank
Canon, Custom or Village Exclusive: Canon

Last edited by Noboru Kaito on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Jounin
Jounin
Ryo : 137950
100%

Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7] Empty Re: Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7]

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 am
Wassup playa. Couple comments here:

Make the upkeep cost relevant for the entire technique, not just the flight. 

This seems like a pretty strong B rank tech. I would like to see the requirements on this increased and potentially even bumped up to A rank. A tradeoff could be making this an B/A rank multi-jutsu. At B rank the user could just have the standard lightweight rock tech and its buff/debuff. At A rank the power of the buff/debuff would be increased to wherever you think it should fall within the range. Personally I could see B rank being +30 Speed/-30 Strength and A rank being +50 Speed/-50 Strength. Then with the mastery of the A rank tech could come flight. I'm not sure how other staff would feel, but flight is a pretty powerful ability. If we restructure the tech as such, I just want to see stricter AP, WC, and handseal requirements across the board.

Last questions are, can this tech be self-applied?
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Raikage
Raikage
Ryo : 22450
100%

Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7] Empty Re: Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique [V7]

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:00 pm
@Guren Chinoike wrote:Make the upkeep cost relevant for the entire technique, not just the flight. 

This seems like a pretty strong B rank tech. I would like to see the requirements on this increased and potentially even bumped up to A rank. A tradeoff could be making this an B/A rank multi-jutsu. At B rank the user could just have the standard lightweight rock tech and its buff/debuff. At A rank the power of the buff/debuff would be increased to wherever you think it should fall within the range. Personally I could see B rank being +30 Speed/-30 Strength and A rank being +50 Speed/-50 Strength. Then with the mastery of the A rank tech could come flight. I'm not sure how other staff would feel, but flight is a pretty powerful ability. If we restructure the tech as such, I just want to see stricter AP, WC, and handseal requirements across the board.

Last questions are, can this tech be self-applied?

Addressing comments here:
- This is a one-off tech, for the most part, so I didn't think it'd need upkeep, as it's not something that can be cancelled at any given time. If you want me to chance upkeep let me know.
- Switched the ranks for A/S-Rank, as with its counterpart.
- Switched Flight Mastery to S-Rank only.
- I'm just going off on what little the canon gave us, and it did gave flight for seemingly unlimited time, so I feel it's already gimped with it lasting only 8 posts.
- Tech can be self applied so long as one can touch themselves. Minds off the gutter, please.
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Jounin
Jounin
Ryo : 137950
100%

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:03 pm
Okay fair points. I think this looks fine, trial approved
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Kazekage
Kazekage
Ryo : 233650
100%

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:31 pm
Approved
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum