Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Kintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen ChinoikeTalk With The ChiefToday at 2:30 amJunko Tsukiko
Top posting users this month
157 Posts - 22%
137 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
53 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO) Empty Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:44 pm
Haru barely slept that night, even with the sound of rain drumming against the roof. Eventually, after enough tossing and turning, he left, bidding his sister, who was as sleepless as him, goodbye, before venturing out into the rain. He wore his cloak, although he left his armor behind, instead wearing his hyuuga robes, as he wore so long ago, during his time as a genin. He looked very distraught as he wandered the streets, the rain bouncing off of his sleek cloak.

He searched the streets purposefully, as any onlookers could see, although few were awake at this time of night, in this weather, and fewer still were actively watching people in the streets. Very quickly, the man found what he was looking for. The boy was still laying there under the scaffolding, where he had left him before. He felt bad for leaving his student there like that, and angered at the boy’s attempt on his life.

Haru was very conflicted about his student, and as he lay there asleep, wondered if he should simply off him then and there. Save him the trouble of possibly having to kill him another day, as a more powerful foe, and save him the trouble of going down the path he was treading, the path to immense power and, with it, emotional destruction. To become a ninja, you have to sacrifice a small part of yourself. To become an elite, you need to dedicate your life to your cause.

To become an ANBU, you have to give up yourself and your morality. Resign to unending service to your village, to the death, and without question. He didn’t know if the boy could handle treading down this path. Haru had managed to retain some of his humanity, thanks to being trained in Tengakure, where the conditions were much lighter, but in Kirigakure, the training and discipline could destroy Altar. The mentality was totally different, and even Haru was having trouble with the adjustment. He was filled with rage now, and his lust for battle was starting to control him. He felt those side effects during his trip to Konoha, and when he almost killed Sephora. He still wondered if he should have finished her off right there.

Sitting there in the scaffolding, above Altar, he also contemplated the boy’s skills. While Haru had made him physically stronger, he had neglected to teach the boy much more than elementary ninjutsu. He hadn’t taught the boy a whole lot in the way of techniques, and for calling him his student, Haru sure hadn’t taught much on matters of the mind. He hadn’t taught the boy anything from his arsenal of jutsu that was genuinely powerful, like Creation Rebirth…

Haru placed a hand on the seal, brushing away his bangs. He held two fingers on the seal for a moment, tracing the seal.
”Perhaps… No. Not today. Maybe not ever…” He said. He didn’t think the boy would grasp just what the cost of this powerful technique was. In the short time (About a year or two), that he had possessed the technique, Haru had aged considerably. Haru, in actual years, was about 17 years old, but his body appeared to be in his early twenties, much older than his student. It was funny, because, in his perusing of the village’s files, Haru found that Altar was about the same age as Haru, albeit less experienced. Haru had begun his time at the academy much earlier, and graduated much sooner, and so had been exposed much longer. But that was it. A few years of experience separated them. That both scared and encouraged Haru. He could get this boy into fighting shape, with the mental fortitude to resist Kirigakure’s intense ANBU training.

Haru shook his head, having drifted off. It was settled, at least in his mind, that Altar required more training, much more intense then he had given before. He picked the boy up, lifting him over his shoulder, before carrying him away, to find a suitable spot to train. He had an excellent mental training session planned, one he himself had undergone as a genin, and one that had given him both the physical and mental fortitude he possessed now.

Altar would awake, suddenly submerged in deep, cold water. If he looked carefully, he’d see two long tree trunks dug deep into the sand, rising up and out of the water. Standing atop one of them, balancing on one foot, was Haru, who had just thrown Altar into the sea.
”Come on, Altar, I don’t have all day!” He shouted down into the sea, his voice partially penetrating the water, muffled.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 18

Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO) Empty Re: Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:24 pm
Altar would awaken with a start, his body completely submerged in water, air escaping from his lungs faster than he could bear. Taking a second to orient himself, he would start taking mental notes. He could practically feel the salt in and on his body, so he was in the sea surrounding the islands. Looking down provided an alleviating sight, there was ground close to his feet. Looking up provided the same, as he was barely under the surface. Then, he heard a muffled voice. One he could almost recognize, but he wasn't too sure. Then, in the back of his mind, he heard a voice he was sure he recognized.

"Haru...Rakka...Xyxer...ALL must die" the voice would say, seething in hatred. Altar's eyes would flare, the lasting memory of his mission and failure rebounding through his head. He would swim upwards towards the thing that first caught his sight, a wooden stump planted firmly into the ground beneath the water. Climbing up it, Altar would stand on the top of it, looking outwards towards the sea, then doing a 180 and looking towards the beach. He was just about to dive off for the beach when he realized he wasn't alone. Using chakra sensory, he found a signature he knew almost as well as his own. Altar's anger would flare again, the voice in his head returning yet again. "Kill him, Altar. Regain your honor and finish your mission. Take the place that is rightfully yours. Kill him, maim him, make the sea crimson with his blood!" . As the voice spoke, a dark red aura would start rolling from Altar, his hands flexing and unflexing as the voice took over his mind and body. And suddenly, static. And from somewhere in the back of his mind, a voice.

"...resi...fig...don't...figh...think..."

All at once, Altar would collapse to one knee, the aura stopping dead, a deafening static in his mind taking it's place. Flinching, Altar would rise again and turn to face the man whose life he had just tried to take.

"I'm somewhere between apologizing, trying to take your life again, or attempting on my own. I've let you down. I've let everyone down. I wanted to be strong, to defend people, to make you and everyone else proud. I thought that I could achieve something great for once. And I failed." the boy would say, flinching again and putting a hand on his head, the static coming back. A pulsing pain was growing behind his right eye as well. Strange...
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen

Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO) Empty Re: Immortality, at a cost... (P, NK, IO)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:00 pm
As the boy climbed to the top of the pole, Haru remained silent. He wasn’t sure what to say to the boy, after all. Part of him was enraged at the boy’s attempt on his life, part of him was disappointed in his own teaching, and part of him was afraid to see him go down this path. As the boy looked around, towards the island, Haru crossed his arms, setting down his other foot, and tapping his foot impatiently. When the boy finally noticed him, he spoke, revealing his own thoughts. Part of him wanted to try and kill Haru, part of him wanted to apologize, and part of him wanted to kill himself. Haru simply shook his head.

”I’d advise against two of those, and I’m sure you can guess which. One might earn you another scar like the one Xyxer made me give you-,” He began, gesturing to his own cheek, to let the boy know where it was. ”-and the other would be a massive waste of potential.” He said sternly. ”I’ve brought you this far, made you more than you ever thought you could be, but we haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of what I can teach you.” He told him.

”As for being a failure, you failed nobody. Xyxer knew you stood no chance. You were played. It was as much a test for me as it was for you.” He informed the boy. ”Control your anger, however, Altar. There’s a lesson to learn from this, if you’re willing to listen.” He told the boy, soothing him if he became angered at this news. ”You see, our fight opened my eyes, so to speak. I realized something; No shinobi can advance without powerful jutsu, whatever kind they may be. I haven’t even begun to teach you my most powerful techniques, the ones whose names have been lost to all but a handful. My most powerful technique, of which, I am the only living user, to my knowledge.” He said, getting a little excited as he spoke of his signature technique, one that only Altar and one other living being had seen him use. ”This power can be yours, if you’re willing to pay the cost…” He said ominously.

He stayed silent for a moment, collecting his thoughts. What was he about to offer…? What was he about to let this boy do? Surely not throw away his youth as he had… He needed to make sure the boy knew what he was doing, and before that, even, make sure he possessed the skill and chakra control to even attempt what he was about to offer.

Firstly, however, Haru found that he was still rather angered with his student. After all, the boy had basically broken their trust for power, whatever he thought he was doing. How could he bestow the boy with his most powerful technique without first receiving recompense? He cared not for money, what he wanted was a verbal apology.

”However... Before we get to the fun stuff, I’d like an apology.” He said, breaking his silence. First, he had to know if the boy was sincere. He would patiently wait for the boy to answer. If the boy said nothing, Haru would simply shake his head sadly, before turning on his heels, and beginning to walk back to the shore, their training coming to an abrupt end.

If the boy did swallow his pride and apologize to Haru, however, he would smile, nodding in approval.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 pm
Altar's eyes would widen as the man before him spoke. He had been played by the man he had been so deceived to trust? The man he was so ready to take lives for, whom he would follow blindly to the ends of the earth, had played a trick on him? Was he the real one to blame here, then? Altar's mind sped, his anger starting to pique, as Haru spoke up once again.

What was this technique of which he spoke? Some forbidden art that was lost to mankind? A secret jutsu that would allow him the power he so desired? Could it be that jutsu he utilized during their fight, the one that had drained all color from his body? No, that didn't seem quite right. As powerful as it seemed, Altar was nearly sure that wasn't even close to the tip of the iceberg. And what was this cost? His livelihood? His sanity? His life? He had already given all three, what more could the man ask of him?

Then he asked an apology. Altar would appear confused for a second, not quite sure he heard right. Hadn't he just apologized? Wasn't that enough? He supposed another was in order. He had tried to take his life after all...

"You're the heir to the throne, Altar. The black dragon. You should bow to no mortal, fool."

Altar would grind his teeth and ignore the voice, dropping to one knee, bowing his head and offering an apology

"I'm sorry I tried your life, Haru. I was foolish, thinking only of personal gain, and in my moment of error and weakness I attempted to take the life of a friend. Forgive me." After saying this, Altar would kneel a second longer, before rising and crossing his arms, the dull throb behind his eye and in his head slowly dissipating.
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:24 pm
As the boy spoke, Haru smiled halfheartedly. That would do for now. Time heals all wounds, and he was sure the boy would be thankful at the end of the day. As he prepared to speak, he looked down to the waves crashing against the poles they stood upon, contemplating it still. No. He had promised this much already, he would at least let the boy choose for himself. How to begin to explain his power? Haru decided it would be wise to tell the boy the cost first.

”Altar, how old do you think I am?” He asked. Altar had no way of knowing this, as the records had been wiped from files long ago, Haru’s file covered in black ink. Even if Altar had access to it, Haru doubted very much the boy knew his real age. He would wait for an answer, looking at his own reflection in the water. His body was much older now, his hair had even turned grey prematurely, something that ran in his family. A reasonable guess would be anywhere from 22 to 25, and Haru himself wasn’t sure how old his body truly was. He knew his true age, but his body was now essentially set apart from time.

When the boy answered, it was very likely to be the answer Haru predicted, as that was the obvious answer. If not, well, Haru would just chuckle as the boy was either joking or imparted with knowledge he had no way of possessing.

”I’m 17. The same age as you.” He said, letting that sink in. ”This technique I’m speaking of is known as Creation Rebirth. You may have heard of it, though I doubt it very much.” He told the boy, giving him a moment to respond if he somehow had knowledge of his hidden jutsu. ”Whether you know the name or not, you’ve seen it in action. Think back to the very first time we fought, when you struck me with your chidori…” He said, waiting for the boy to come to his own conclusions. ”I think you remember exactly what I’m talking about.” He told the boy.

”...However, the price is one even I didn’t fully grasp. In exchange for this power, you sacrifice a small portion of your life span each time you use it.” He warned. ”Each time you call upon the regenerative powers of this technique, you essentially age your physical body by one year. Use it too much, and you’ll find yourself an old, weak reflection of your former self.” He told him darkly. ”I will not make you practice this technique. I leave the choice to you. Will you sacrifice your youth for power?” He asked, awaiting an answer.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm
Altar's eyes would narrow at Haru's weak smile, almost faltering as it was. It would do for now. Time is a healer, as they say.

When the man asked him what age he thought he was, Altar would narrow his eyes once again and think. Why did this matter? He opened his mouth to ask that very same question, before shutting it. The air around them had filled with meaning and anticipation, and Haru's tone was serious. There was some point to this. Altar was sure of that much at least.

"I...have no clue. You look to be about...21, 22 years old?" the boy would say, peering closer at the man's face. It had some age to it, but not enough to indicate much of a gap between the two.

Altar's jaw would drop slightly, an amazed and confused look spreading on his face. But how? Surely there was some age to the man before him, he looked older than Altar by a few years. Thinking back, he remembered a Tengakure product called an aging pill, thinking of the various effects they had had on others he knew, like Youta and Xyxer. But what reason would Haru have for taking them?

When Haru revealed the name, Altar thought back. He had heard it tossed around, a vague memory popping up, but he couldn't for the life of him place where, when or why, or even what it was. Perhaps he had read it in some book of his, or something of the like. It's a shame his expansive personal library had been mostly destroyed in Tengakure's destruction. Perhaps one day he'd need to return to the razed village and collect the remainders of his things.

So, Creation Rebirth was the jutsu Haru had used in their first fight. Altar would think back, remembering how he had pierced the man's chest, heart and all, and he had simply tossed him away, the wound healing almost as fast as it had been made. It had left the boy in complete and total awe. After all, how could you defeat someone who could repair their bodies like that?

Upon hearing the price of said power, Altar would sit and contemplate. Immense power and practical invulnerability, the ability to heal great and grievous wounds. A power that could change his life. But it would also shorten it. It could take years and years from his life, leave him with nothing but old age and disability. Was it truly worth it? Altar would contemplate this for a while, before reflecting on the man before him. A 17 year old boy in a 21 year old man's body. Experienced and withered, yet the same age as himself. This was life altering. But if it wasn't worth it, would Haru really have learned it, and kept using it? Would this be something he seemed to pride himself on? And in the end, was the risk not worth the reward?

"...okay. I'll accept this burden, responsibility and power. I wish to learn this. I want this power, and i'll accept the risk it comes with." Altar would say, standing and looking to Haru, waiting for a response.
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 am
Haru laughed a little at Altar’s response. It was totally appropriate, but still the thought of it amused him more than he could say.
”I didn’t fully grasp the drawback of the technique when I first began studying it. That’s why I’ve managed to stay relatively close to my natural age. I promised myself to never use the technique unless absolutely necessary.” He told the boy, looking down to the sea. ”If you’re willing to take on the burden of the technique, you’ll have to accept the way of the medical ninja. I will not give you power that you will use for nobody but yourself. If you give me a reason to think you’ve broken the code, I’ll see to it you never get the chance to use this technique.” He said threateningly. ”Disagree to any of these, and our training is over.”

”There are four laws of medical ninjutsu. The first law is that no medical ninja is to stop treatment of their party members until their lives come to an end.” He said, waiting for the boy to agree. ”The second law is that no medic shall ever stand on the front lines of a battle.” He said, again waiting. ”The third law is that no medic is permitted to die until they are the last remaining member of their group.” He said, waiting one last time. ”The final law is that only those who have completely mastered the Creation Rebirth technique can disregard these laws.” He would say, only after Altar had agreed to all other statements.

”With that in mind, you’ll not be learning Creation Rebirth right away. You couldn’t produce the level of medical chakra necessary if you tried. First, we’ll be honing your chakra control, and teaching you basic medical techniques.” He said.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:29 pm
Altar's would nod in agreement to each of the rules, the last making him tilt his head quizzically. "Why are those with such power allowed to break the laws? I guess it makes sense in the large scheme of things, but just hearing this, it seems strange." Altar would say. After thinking for a few seconds, he would nod his head. "I hereby swear to uphold said laws."

After this, Altar's face would drop slightly in disappointment. So he was to build up to learning the pinnacle. He supposed it made sense, but it was still a minor let down none the less. He was already excited about learning such a powerful jutsu. But he guessed that whatever Haru had to show him would be useful in the long run, if not necessary.

"Alright, what will we start with then?"
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 am
Haru folded his arms and clicked his tongue.
”You misunderstand… The Creation Rebirth technique is not simply permission to ignore the rules. The role of a medic ninja is to stay alive at all costs, even if it means leaving an ally behind. Creation Rebirth removes the risk of death in combat, at least to an extent.” He explained to the boy, before glancing down at the water below them.

”Now, you might be wondering why I took you out here…” He began, gesturing to their surroundings. They were very far out, their posts were the only land in sight, save the beach on the distant horizon. Thankfully, Haru had found a sandbar shallow enough to place the trees he had used ”You have some basic skill in chakra control, enough to use the gentle fist, but most of your abilities revolve around raw power. Medical chakra is all about control. It needs to be precise, or else it will not work.” He said over the sound of crashing waves.

”So, Altar, you’ll be given a test today. Last time we did any sort of intense training, you climbed a skyscraper. Unfortunately, we’re a little short on those. I’ve made do, however. You know very well by now that I believe in stress testing. The best way to learn is to do it under pressure, and in this case, pressure is a very literal term. To train your chakra control, you’re going to walk down your pole, underwater, using the surface walking technique. Your feet are not allowed to leave the tree until you reach the ground, at which point, you are to cross to my pole, and reach me.” He explained, before tapping a mark he had made in the shape of a rhombus on the wood with his foot. ”Your goal is to touch this mark. Of course, it’s not entirely that simple. I’m going to attack you with ninjutsu the whole way, and you are not allowed to dodge. If you move out of the way, or are knocked off your feet, you start over.” He said, nodding at the boy. The trees were huge, extending down over 30 meters to the sea, with 30 more meters between them. ”Are you ready?” He would ask.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:49 pm
Altar would listen to the man's explanation, nodding the affirmative every now and again to assure him he understood and was indeed listening. So he was to walk down his pole, across the sea floor, and back up the pole that Haru stood on. It sounded simple enough, but Haru would be slowing him and throwing jutsu at him left and right. And to make it even better, he wasn't allowed to dodge out of the way, and his feet could not leave the ground. Somehow, this didn't seem quite fair.

But he supposed there was no way out of it. He'd have to just endure the pain.

Nodding, Altar would breathe in, hold for a few seconds, breathe out, and begin his walk down the plank. In some ways, this reminded Altar of the training and sparring he used to udnergo back when he was young, just becoming a true ninja. He would stress test his body, perform breathing excercises while another student aimed various attacks at select parts of his body. He was not to flinch, or he failed. He was only to breathe, and concentrate. So that's what he would do here.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum