Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

Night of the Ironborn

+13
|Snow|
Rokuro Masamune
Bijuu NPCer
Hikari Namikaze
Rin Togakawa
Akabayashi Terumi
Gidyne
Jiro Uchiha
Ares Pendragon
Jun Fuji
Saku
Duncan Crawford
Nobunaga
17 posters
Go down
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Night of the Ironborn Empty Night of the Ironborn

Sun May 12, 2019 2:24 am
A sudden sound that put the rolling thunder native to this land to shame would erupt over the hidden village, sending tremors through their streets and piercing the ears of Kumo's denizens. Following suit, in the sky not too far above the village's main point of entry, the very fabric of space and time would be manipulated and altered by the influence of a man who tested the gods themselves. A thin line crackled into existence, spreading across the heavens and tearing apart the atmosphere like a divine bolt of lightning before it began to methodically open up, forging a gaping abyssal hole. Revealed inside the maw would be an ominously large figure, standing tall and unmoving as if carved right out of the mountain that naturally surrounded the Rot Village. As if painted by the hand of a master craftsman, the sun poked through the clouds with its bright rays of light right into the jaws of the Leviathan's creation, incandescently proclaiming the brute's position within the cavernous mouth. The behemoth was revealed to be adorned with a pristine black, sleeveless cloak that covered him from shoulders to toe and concealed all that was underneath, a hood that left his visage shadowed from the view of those beneath him, and a massive great sword that was visibly strapped to his back.

Prophetically, Nobunaga took one step forward and dropped out of the yawning gate, loftily landing roughly 20 meters from the entrance of the Lightning Village. The grandiose gate above clasped its jaws shut like a closing curtain and swiftly vanished from the skies, leaving no sign of its torment to be seen save only the subject of its arrival. 

"Were they expecting you?" Questioned the Rokubi from within. From underneath his hood, the stoic giant could see that the gates had been maned with more shinobi, a clear bolstering of their defenses. No, this was not for him. But perhaps it should be. "I have come to speak with your leader, Maximillian Yamaguchi on behalf of Kirigakure no Sato." Shouted the Hiyu with furious intensity, making no attempt to force the shinobi into action. He was here for words first. 

That would be all Nobunaga had to say. Surely Xyxer's transportation jutsu would have caught everyone's attention and attracted them to his position like insects to the light of a lantern. All he had to do was wait and so he did, sternly standing tall and completely concealed by his cloak. Destiny had arrived.

ooc:
Came from Someones Knocking At The Door

Last edited by Nobunaga on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

Night of the Ironborn Empty Re: Night of the Ironborn

Mon May 13, 2019 5:28 am
Max would be seated at his desk gazing over various reports and maps. His focus was on sending a scouting party to assess Suna and the looming threat of Kenshin, The boy would scribble down some notes on a sheet of paper beside the files while pondering if this was a mistake. It wouldn't be long before word reached the young lord of some sort of event happening at the gates, and the announcement of a messenger from Kirigakure asking for Max directly. "Inform the shinobi not to take action. I will handle this delicate matter myself," He would say to the shinobi delivering the message.

"I see that they got my message, though I am surprised they decided to reply in person. I wonder if the Mizukage himself is here," Max would ask his clone before Napa would scratch such a silly thought from his head, "No. I doubt he trusts us enough to show up in person for a meeting. Likely sent one of his hounds to speak, that way if things turned grim it was no great loss to their nation. Don't be stupid, boy." Max would nod to himself, his silent conversation not announced to any around him that may be listening in. 

The young Raikage would take the hat signifying his status from the desk and place it on his head. It wouldn't be likely that the envoy of Kiri would recognize the little lord as Raikage without it, for who expects one so young to be sitting in such a position? Max would put all of his work away swiftly and address the event. 

It wouldn't take long, but Max would watch as some of the civilians ran away from the gates. Such was to be expected. Kiri is known for its capable shinobi and holds a fearsome reputation, one that even the normal civilians were aware of. There wasn't a great look of relief on their faces as the Raikage walked ever closer to the gates, whispers of whether this would be their end racing between varying groups of people. He would quicken his pace, for he couldn't allow the progress he had made so far be washed away by the storms of chaos creates by Kirigakure.

It was then that the boy felt a sudden chakra presence that was familiar. It was distant, but clear. The person at the gates was none other than Nobunaga. Max was curious as to the whereabouts of the man, but with Kyson being as busy as he has been lately the boy never had the chance to ask him. This was... concerning, to say the least. At least the envoy knows that this is no ruse. Maximillian Yamaguchi was in fact the person coming to meet him. 

Once he was close enough to see the man clearly, he knew that his Chakra Sensory was indeed telling the truth. The titan of a man and his immense sword strapped to his back was standing there, seemingly waiting for the Raikage. Some of the guards at the gate were on edge, their hands at their weapons ready to spring into action. Max simply couldn't allow that, "Men, you may stand down. This is an both old acquaintance and someone who I respect. Do not fear for me, for your fear may cause you to take actions that all parties will surely regret. Please, go and calm the civilians. I will speak to the messenger from Kiri." And with that said many of the guards would look at each other, then look at the boy who showed no fear. They would then nod and fall back, allowing Max and Nobunaga to speak without the possibility of interruption. 

The boy looked a bit different than the last time the Hiyu saw him. He was of course dressed as the Raikage, but he also only had a single, grey arm. A black, cloaked figure would stand beside him slightly lagging behind, protecting its master in case things end as poorly as possible. Max hoped that such wouldn't be the case, but he had a duty now to protect his homeland of Kumo and wouldn't sit idly by if Kiri decided to make a move.

"Greetings, Nobunaga. I can say that I am honored to see you again. You were one of the people I wanted to see first and foremost. I owe much to your wise words." Max would state clearly, nothing hiding behind his words. Nobunaga's words rung clearly in the boys mind as he claimed his newfound status. "I am honestly surprised to find you allied with Kiri. You were one I hoped would help me usher in a new era for Kumogakure." 

OoC:
Paying my 5 AP for Chakra Threads, though I don't expect a fight. Just covering bases and all.
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm
The cloaked behemoth patiently stood in silence without so much as a twitch coming from his body, the only movement being his cloak from the gentle breeze that brushed up against the fabric of his clothing. Stern as always, Nobunaga stood as if etched in stone, his brutal gaze locked on the Kumo shinobi manning the walls. The good soldiers that they were, they did not let Nobunaga out of their site for even a split second, even going so far as to have their hands on their weapons. That was a testament to their inadequacy as swordsman. Reaching for your blade was a call to action. Placing your hand on it meant only that the fight had started, yet they stood there behind their walls, cowering. The Hiyu looked up at them with disdain but he refrained from engaging their impudent act for there were matters that needed taking care of.

Alas, the Kid Kage of Kumo made his appearance known after wisely instructing his men to stand down. That coupled with the hat on his head solidified that he was in fact the current kage of the Rot Village. How many had they cycled through now this year alone? The covered eyes of the Kiri Hound immediately fell upon the cloaked figure shadowing Max, clearly a guard. Did the idea of an emissary from Kiri threaten him? Or was it the fact that he possessed only one arm and perhaps felt less capable due to his handicap. Either way, both did not fare well for his image, despite the fact he bore the large hat that denoted his ranking. 

"Young Max." Nobunaga offered in response with a gentle nod, casually poking his right arm out from the center slit of his cloak, making sure to do so in a manner that would arouse no suspicion of an incoming attack. The Hiyu would pull back his hood to reveal his hardened and scarred face before retreating his arm back within the concealment of his cloak. "The feeling is mutual." He grunted in response with his hoarse voice, confirming that Nobunaga owed much to the words Max had spoke back on the faithful morning. In fact, unknowing to the Yamaguchi, it was his very words that set Nobunaga upon the path he was currently on. Had he not suggested Nobunaga go speak to Kyson about what was troubling him, he would have never traveled to Konoha and thus would have never crossed paths with Xyxer. Ultimately, Nobunaga would have never set forth on the path to become a true aegis, one that the world required. 

He was thankful to Max for he unknowingly allowed Nobunaga to become an agent of change, change Max himself was hoping the Hiyu could usher in for Kumo which coincidentally is why the Hunter Operative found himself here.  

"I am here now." Retorted Nobunaga. He was here to usher in a new era, not only for Kumo but for the whole shinobi world. "Tell me, young Max..." Honestly questioned the Hiyu "How did you come to obtain the mantle of Raikage?" Nobunaga respected Max. He was wise beyond his years which led the Hiyu to believe that he was also a very capable individual. The fact that the shinobi manning the walls listened to his instructions without hesitation and did not engage before knowing what his orders were was a testament to his competence. But surely the mantle was not just passed down to him willingly, or put to a vote with him being the victor. No that was not how things worked in Kumo and Nobunaga needed to make a point.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 am
Seeing the stoic titan standing before him brought on a strange calm to the boys mind. Nobunaga hadn't been here, nor anywhere to be found in Kumo since they last spoke. The young lord was truly happy to know that the world was not able to take the life of Nobunaga, for the world needed more people of honor and character. 

The young man had figured that it wouldn't be long before the question was brought up on how he became the Raikage. It wasn't normal for a village to be governed and run by a child, and while Max figured that Nobunaga had known exactly how young Max claimed his title, the titan wished to hear it from the mouth of the Raikage himself. 

"My trip to Hoshi was filled with contemplation. You spoke of how the pretender Komori declared himself Raikage behind the backs of Kumo. The status of Raikage, and yet no direct action taken to cure this place of its ills..." Max would shake his head, disappointed in the Hozuki he once knew as a friend. "I was upset, but not entirely driven to action. It wasn't until I got to my mother's homeland and found out about her fate..." The boy, upon speaking of his mother would nearly come to tears. Sadness at her loss, but hatred at the one responsible was what truly brought on this emotion. "My mother died to an unknown sickness, not unlike those that the monster Mortarion had experimented with." The boys fury was clear in his eyes, no desire to hide this emotion from the man standing before him. 

"I made a promise to myself, right then and there. I wouldn't allow the rot of this place to snuff any more light from this world. I would be the force of change Kumo needed. ME! MAXIMILLIAN YAMAGUCHI!" His emotions were beginning to run unchecked, and he realized that he needed to calm himself down. Taking in a deep breath, he would apologize "I am sorry for my outburst. My mother... meant a lot to me." He would do something that might surprised the Hiyu, but Max would give a light bow out of sincere apology. 

"I came to Kumo and declared challenge for the title. I expected the pretender to show up, but he did not. Instead..." Max would look to the face of the now hoodless man, "Kyson defended the claim. And so I bested him in combat." Max didn't show any happiness as he spoke those words, his eyes actually holding a deep sorrow. "Know that I did not claim his life. In fact, I offered him something that I doubt Maku ever would have. I offered him his freedom, no strings attached. He chose to stay." Max never shifted his gaze from Nobunaga, speaking the next words very clearly to the titan, "You would have been offered the same."

Max didn't know how the man would react. They both held a deep respect for Kyson, but he hoped that if anyone could understand his actions it would be Nobunaga, the current agent of Kiri. One must do what they think is best, else it will simply devour them from the inside.

OoC: 
Paid  5AP for Chakra Threads
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Attentively, the Hiyu watched with stern eyes as the Kid Kage recounted the events that lead to him seizing the mantle. His trip to Hoshi was what occurred after the two of them had parted ways upon first meeting each other. He watched the kid give into his emotions as the recent event that was the death of his mother resurfaced. Still, the Hiyu remained silent, the only sound coming from him being the clap of the wind against the black cloak draped over his massive frame. Death was a funny thing to a shinobi. They were both its dealer and receiver, trained to live alongside death as its companion. It was a pivotal if not the most relevant aspect of their life yet when experiencing the loss of a loved one, their base human nature bubbled to the surface and they mourned. They let their emotions get the best of them, as if they were not already acquainted with death. 

Gently, the Hiyu shook his head, letting Max know he need not apologize. "I know what it's like to lose." Grunted the Kiri emissary in his usual hoarse voice. "As you have found a new purpose in your loss, so too have I...." They were not unlike each other. Instead of wallowing in his sorrow, Max decided to take action in the wake of his loss. Something Nobunaga admired for it took a strong individual to seize the opportunities that were laid out before them. Dismissing Max's apology, the Hiyu would let the Raikage continue speaking for his question had not yet been answered. 

Nobunaga would not betray his hardened gaze while Max mentioned that he had defeated Kyson in single combat after challenging Kumo for its leadership role. How similar both their paths had been. The two had departed Kumo and in their departure, they were lead to challenge someone else, both coincidentally being from the Hozuki clan. Only Max was the victor of his battle while Nobunaga had been defeated. Although in his defeat, he had won for he gained the opportunity to truly become the aegis he always desired to become. He had a new mission, a new purpose, a new meaning and he was hear to deliver to the rest of the world that same blessing he had been given.

"Freedom..." Mumbled Nobunaga. "You could not have given me my freedom." Responded the Hiyu more loudly now so that his former ally could hear his words. "You're a slave yourself Young Max and you dont even see it." The Hunter Operative would pause for a second, the eerie wind setting the mood for the reality of the situation the two individuals now found themselves in. "You seek to usher in a new era for Kumo, yet you usurp the role of leadership just as your predecessor did before you." It was hard to set forth on the path of change when you went about the world the same way as those who came before you, repeating the same events and walking down the same road. Did he not see the hypocrisy in his actions? If not, the Hiyu would make it clear.

Looking over his right shoulder, Nobunaga would glance back at the rot fields that surrounded the village he pledged his service to not that long ago. "Maku, Komori, you... you're just another spoke on the same wheel. You've simply taken a step forward on the same path. Nothing has changed." Gently, the behemoth's stern gaze would descend back upon Max, the grim glare in his eyes locking onto the unwavering visage of the Boy Kage. "I come bearing an opportunity to smash that wheel. You seek change, then together, let us truly usher in a new era not only for Kumo, but the whole world." Despite the harshness of his words, the calm, rough tone he spoke with would show that he meant no insult to Max, he was simply speaking his mind and delivering the message he had been sent to deliver. 

"Pledge your allegiance to the Mizukage and submit to Kirigakure no Sato."
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue May 21, 2019 8:11 pm
The Hiyu would speak, making his thoughts on the pattern of Kumo clear to the boy. He considered Max a slave? A slave to what? The only thing he served was the will of his people, and nothing more. Nobunaga was a wise man, but the young lord was simply baffled by hearing these words from the titan. “I claimed the title the right way, through challenge of combat. I placed no daggers in any backs, I made no efforts to hide my decisions, either. Revolution is needed when the people cannot stand with those ruling them.” Max would just shake his head, his confusion at where Nobunaga’s head must have been apparent on his face and in his words. “And how about yourself, Nobunaga? Do you consider yourself not simply a pawn in your masters game, even now?” The boy would almost wish to laugh, as there was a clear reason the Mizukage sent the titan instead of another, or even himself.

“Even if you fail to see it as so, and simply consider me another spoke in the wheel…” Max would wave his hand to have Nobu look around at the things happening in the village. Work was being done to clear the taint of those that came before young Max. The people were genuinely in a better mood, true change only a small way away. A return to former glory. “It is very clear to anyone with eyes that this wheel is no longer going in the direction of its predecessors. I understand that you don’t quite see it, for you aren’t here to do so, but I assure you that things are different in many ways.”

The young Yamaguchi would gaze upon the stern wall of a man looking at him, his eyes softening when he processed what the man said. “But Nobunaga, don’t you realize that one cannot progress with a broken wheel? How can Kumo move forward out of this terrible chapter of its history if we break its wheels? You seek to demand our surrender to Kiri, but I must respectfully decline.” Max respected Nobunaga, but he simply didn’t think they would see eye to eye hear.

“So long as I draw breath, Kumo will never again be ruled by a foreign oppressor. I will not submit. If your master wishes to claim this country, he will have to spill the blood of his own forces to do so. I’ve no issue with Kiri, though he sends message of his intentions against us through a former friend. Funny how he waits until a child is leading to make a move against us... Perhaps he was afraid of Mortarion and Maku...” Max again would simply shake his head, disappointed by the reality of this situation. He simply desired peace and the restoration of his homeland, yet so many sought to rip his homeland away from him. It truly did bring him great sorrow, his heart heavy with the burdens of leadership.

“Human life is sacred, but some things are worth laying one’s life down for. Freedom from the yoke of a tyrant is one such thing.”

OoC: Ap for strings paid
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 pm
"The right way..." Thought the Hiyu as he looked upon the Kid Kage with his piercing gaze. What a deluded way of seeing things. To think that his way was the right way simply because people knew about it. That his actions were justified somehow because he challenged the village for the title where his predecessors just took it for there was no one to challenge. At the end of the day, the outcome was the same. "You took what did not belong to you and justify it by sugar coating it with good intentions. You were not next in line nor were you chosen. Your reign in Kumo started exactly as your predecessors did. That... is no coincidence." As Nobunaga told Max on their first fateful encounter, Kumo infected its populace. It was a village with a black heart that corrupted all in its domain. Eventually, all of them would be dragged into the abyss of the festering darkness that was native to this village, a darkness that needed purging. 

"Do not attempt to point the finger at me boy." Growled the emissary in a deep, forceful voice yet calm nonetheless. "A pawn, servant, tool, call me what you will, I know what I am and have never hid from it." Nobunaga had served lesser men his entire life. Maybe because he was too weak to find a better master, perhaps he believed his former master's were righteous enough to be worthy of serving, perhaps it was his misguided sense of duty. However the master whom he currently served had finally given him an opportunity to become what he truly wanted to be, a duty that trumped all others and that was to be an aegis to this world. 

The statue like brute would remain silent for the time being, with his stern gaze fixed upon Max while he used his misunderstanding of Nobunaga's wheel metaphor to explain how he was enacting change and heading down a different path. It was the same wheel nonetheless. He could clean up all the festering rot and filth, rid his city of all the crime in the world, it would not change the nature of Kumo. A village with its own diplomacy, own way of doings things, its own shinobi force meant to advance its own goals. All things that lead to a world of conflict, conflict that could be avoided if they were all one force. He believed himself to truly be different and better for his village which, as expected, leading to him declining Nobunaga's offer. Of course, he was not expecting the Raikage to accept right away.

"Do not play the victim card on me. It is beneath you." The Hiyu would sigh, disappointed that Max would resort to such an infantile tactic, to use his age as a weakly worded attacked on the Hiyu's master. He would get not sympathy from the brute nor did it bode well on his standing. Perhaps the Hunter Operative had expected too much from Max, perhaps his faith in him being competent was misplaced. He was still only a child after all and maybe not yet ready to hold the mantle of Kage.  

"Choose your words more carefully Young Max." Nobunaga would grunt in response to Max's final words, attempting to put the nail in the coffin for his refusal to accept the Hiyu's gracious offer. "It is your people that will bleed and your village that will burn if you truly wish it so." Nobunaga felt it odd that he would tempt Kiri to risk spilling the blood of its forces if they had to. It was a very possible reality, and something that would not benefit Kumo in the slightest, no matter who the victor was. "But that can all be avoided, only you have that power."

Nobunaga's gaze would stoically move past Max and up to the shinobi manning the walls who were idly standing behind their reinforced barrier before moving back down past the gate to look upon the towns folk and kids trying to discreetly watch what was going on. "There is a reason why it is I who stand before you and not the armies of Kiri." The Hound of Kiri would drop his gaze back down to the blond haired boy, making sure to lock eyes with him so that Max would see the seriousness in his facial expression and hear it in his words. "The Lord Mizukage is not the tyrant you think you know him as. He wants only whats best for his people and as an extension, that is whats best for everyone else. The freedom you speak of is a fickle thing. At any moment your reign can be challenged... at any moment your people subjugated to the rule of another with malicious intentions. You, of all people should know that." Without moving so much as a muscle, the behemoth like statue would continue on urging his former ally to reconsider his answer. "What I am here to offer you is true freedom. You need look no further than Kiri itself. Ever since the Lord Mizukage took up the mantle of Kage, Kiri has known nothing but peace and prosperity. You need look no further than Konoha. Under the leadership of Kiri, the first Chuunin exam involving every major village was held within their walls. An impossible achievement, yet done under the guidance of Kiri. That is true freedom, freedom granted only to those who follow the man you misjudge as a tyrant."

Nobunaga would give pause for a mere moment, watching to see how the boy who had shown so much emotion already in their short conversation would react to those words. But he would continue without time for the Raikage to give a response. "You can keep your title, clean your village... rebuild your broken wheel. Kumo will continue to stand... as a village." Making sure to emphasize that Kumo would still be standing should he accept, the Hiyu would continue "We will help facilitate the progression you so desire for your village, together we will lead Kumo into its golden age. Only we will do so within the greater nation of Kiri. As a vassal state you will pledge your fealty and allegiances to Kiri. A small price to pay in order to give your people an opportunity to experience true freedom, like so many already have."

Despite Max's clear animosity towards the prospect of submitting to Kiri and his clear attempt to both insult and taunt Nobunaga and the forces of Kiri, the Hiyu was not here to start a fight. He was calm and collected as always, his hide too thick to be pierced by mere words. He was here exactly to avoid a fight therefore he used his words and his reasoning to sway and hopefully change the mind of the Raikage. Nobunaga did not come here simply because the Mizukage wished it. He came here as an aegis because he truly wanted what was best for Kumo and for the world. That was clearly conveyed in his calm words of reason. Hopefully, Max could too see things the way he did. Hopefully Max could understand the valuable offer Nobunaga had presented him with. An opportunity to truly allow his people to live in a world free of conflict and free of fear.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 am
Max had taken what didn’t belong to him? How foolish this man had been, though it wasn’t his fault that he didn’t have all of the details. “I am more the rightful heir to this position than your Mizukage likely is. Just because he has held his position for longer doesn’t mean that he got that title any other way. I suggest you remember that, Nobunaga. Do you really believe the bloodthirsty nation of Kiri would be ruled any other way?” Max would ask, surprised that Nobunaga would bring up one’s right to rule. Max was the son of Akihana, who was both the Queen of Hoshigakure and the wife of Lord Raikage Mortarion. If such a simple thing as who had belonged to which family decided the ruler, Max would have claims in both villages. Of course, this simply wasn’t how things in the shinobi world were decided.

You see, I am chosen by my people, Nobunaga. I have made it very clear to all since I placed this hat on my head that should anyone not wish me to be in the position I was in, they merely needed to make their issues known. Should the people find someone be better suited to rule, I would gladly allow them to take the position. Nobody has come to me asking me to step down, yet. ” The boy would look to Nobunaga, watching the unflinching man as Max spoke his mind.

It would seem as though Nobunaga wasn’t fond of the boys light insult towards the Mizukage, though it didn’t make it any less true. During Mortarion’s rule none would dare attack the village of Kumo out of fear of the man’s power. Yet now that the man no longer draws breath the wolves come out to try and make prey of those they feel defenseless. Perhaps the Mizukage’s reputation was more fearsome than the man himself had been. A pity, really.

Nobunaga would speak his mind, a great many things he said making a great deal of sense. Kiri coming for war wouldn’t be good for Kumo, but neither would it be good for Kiri. See, in war there really were no victors. Lives would be lost on both sides, and the world decides that the force that lost less somehow ‘won’. It was disgusting… yet Max could see why they stood as they did. If all nations were ruled by Kiri, there is the chance that a unified land would bring peace. But that much power in the hands of a warmonger? Such was laughable, as the man would likely find conflict where there was none simply out of boredom. There was no changing who the Mizukage was, not really. There would always be some reason for bloodshed.

Once Nobunaga was finished, Max would provide his response to the stoic soldier, “So your Lord is no tyrant? Kiri comes here to ask us to submit, but why? If your Lord read my letter, he understands that I harbor no ill will towards him or his nation. I desired peace between us, not war. Yet here you are, asking us to relinquish our sovereignty and claiming that if we refuse your nation will bring war to our doorstep…” Max would look down, thinking again at what was being offered. It was tempting, as he didn’t wish to see any of his people lose their lives in a meaningless war. “If you want my opinion, your Lord conquers others out of fear. A fear that if those nations grow strong enough, they can challenge him and his rule. He preys upon them during moments of chaos and turbulence -when they are at their weakest- to prevent them from ever becoming capable of being a threat to him, even if the threat is all simply in his own head.” Nobunaga might consider these more veiled insults, but the boy wasn’t trying to offend anyone. He simply was speaking his honest thoughts regarding what it looked like to him. The nation of Kiri is informed of a new Raikage and their desire for peace, and the opportunist swoops in.

Returning his gaze to Nobunaga, “You offer a great deal to us, and state that it will bring about Kumo’s golden age. Maybe I should send word to Konoha, asking them what being the servant of Kiri was truly like. Would they even be honest? Or would the fear of speaking against their oppressor bring them low enough to dishonor themselves by lying to me?” The boy would ask, his tone reinforcing his concerns about this ‘wonderful offer’. Max really didn’t wish to fight Kiri, as now it was just one more enemy lurking in the shadows and waiting for the best moment to strike. “I do trust and respect you Nobunaga, and I want to believe that everything you are saying is the truth, but it is not an easy thing to simply accept. Perhaps your Lord is lying to you as well, I would never know. I think that we can both agree that dsch a large decision isn’t something that I should make on a whim simply because your Lord demands answer. You claim Kiri has seen peace and prosperity, but I fear that without seeing it for myself or hearing it from someone not currently driven by allegiance to Kiri, I cannot just submit. If given time and the chance for understanding, my mind may change…. But if your Lord demands and immediate answer….”

Max would continue, “Then, I have no intentions of repeating history. Kumo has been brought to its knees by monsters before, but it wasn’t because we chose to fight. Those before me thought that the words of a monster meant anything and held honor, yet Mortarion broke those hollow promises and plagued our land. We tried to avoid conflict, and it backfired.” He would bring his hand up, palm facing upward as his arm went in the direction of Nobunaga. No surge of chakra, or malicious intent, the boy would continue speaking, “Even yourself, Nobunaga. Suna decided it best not to fight back, and all it did was bring unhappiness to those who were conquered. I don’t wish for any to die, but…” The boy would stand tall, announcing his next words loudly, “It’s better to die free, than live as a slave.”
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Sun May 26, 2019 10:13 pm
Power. It was everything to the wolves of society, it's what let them herd the sheep they ruled over. Men conspired to achieve it and did whatever they could to obtain it. Once acquired, they made any and every excuse to justify their having it, justifications along the lines of promising that they can achieve what no other could, or lying to bolster their positions over another as to why they should have the power. Currently, Nobunaga was seeing that coming from the child before him, desperately clinging onto the power he currently held and not wanting to let it go and in doing so, throwing charged words the Hiyu's way. 

"You seem to lack an understanding of what 'chosen' means young Max." The fact that he would utter the word chosen was laughable. However the Hiyu was in no laughing mood as his hardened expression did not falter while the young Kage uttered such foolishness. "By your own account, you were not chosen by the people. You took it by force, you cared not about whether they wanted you or not. Your reign started with violence and you know not whether they hide behind masks to appease you in fear that they will be met with that same violence should they object to your rule." He may be competent in battle, which was made clear upon him announcing he bested Kyson, who oddly enough was not here however, his age was showing when it came to the excuses he made to keep hold of his power. "It is exactly this uncertainty that Kiri seeks the cleanse the world of."

The hound of Kiri narrowed his hardened eyes, his brutish gaze piercing through the lightening lord while he bowed his head to gaze downwards at his feet. "Watch yourself Max." Grunted Nobunaga, a deepness emitting from his voice in anger that had been heard by view individuals. "You are ignorant of much yet speak as if you know your words to be true." Nobunaga would not allow for the ignorant bashing of his leader, their nation and his mission to go on. The seriousness of the matter could be heard in the hardening of his tone of voice. "You blindly toss around words of 'bloodshed' and 'fear' despite knowing nothing of the Lord Mizukage or the nation of Kiri. You know of hearsay and rumors only, which is evident in your lies. I would suggest you hold your tongue when you next choose to utter such obscenities." That was not a warning because Kiri would retaliate in force but a warning coming strait from the Hunter Operative. 

"The Lord Mizukage rules with strength. I have witnessed first hand how he invokes comradery and loyalty among his shinobi. How he elevates the spirits of his people by being the shield that allows them to truly live in peace and be free. He read your letter and he offers those same benefits to you by sending me. Where is the thirst for blood in that? He offers you that very same peace yet you spit on it with your ill informed opinion of who he is and the nation he leads." Nobunaga's hardened visage would retreat back into his usual statue like features as he pleaded to the Raikage. "I have witnessed it all and I have bought into it. I accepted the Lord Mizukage's request to come here because I seek to spread the wealth that Kiri has to offer." If Max truly trusted and respected the Hiyu then he knew he would not be somehow who was so easily bullshitted. If he once valued Nobunaga at all, then hopefully he could see that the Hiyu was not lying or deceiving the young Kage. 

Without ever moving a muscles, the Hiyu would silently listen to Max's unwarranted worries about the state of Konoha and proceed to ask what seemed to be a rhetorical question. The Hiyu was unsure as to whether the Raikge was being serious or not, for it was quite clear that Konoha was a nation that still stood and as he mentioned before, they had just held the first major village Chuunin exam ever. They were currently experiencing an age of peace unlike any other that would allow them to bolster their forces and their village under the leadership and rule of Kiri. Nobunaga remained silent on the matter for the moment for he wished to see where Max thought he was going from there and upon doing so, it would seem Max went into a hypocritical rant.

"You dare bring up Suna." Grunted the Hiyu in bewilderment. The lack of understanding of the world due to perhaps his age was showing in Max's poor choice of words. Nobunaga was hoping to have encountered better than this from his former ally and friend. "Least you forgot, it was your village that murdered the Kazekage, scattered its people and left Suna to crumble. You can choose to contact Konoha for they still stand yet I cannot say the same for Suna and still you launch false accusations towards Kiri. Kumo repeated the history you seek to avoid by bringing Suna to its knees and obliterating it, something that occurred because two different villages with different ideals and differing goals collided with one another. A system the Mizukage and I have suffered at the hands of yet one you wish to keep in existence. That is why I am here with my offer of peace and not seeking war or the destruction of Kumo. Under one rule no longer will there be needless conflict. Under one rule, all can prosper as Kiri has. Under one rule, no longer will usurpers challenge for the right to subjugate their citizens, no longer will entire villages be wiped from the face of the earth, no longer will bloodshed and war conqueror our lives. Is that not something you wish to offer your people, is that not a world you wish to breed into existence? That is what we can achieve under the nation of Kir, together."

The grizzled swordsman stood there before the puppeteer as a strong gust of wind came in, whipping his cloak but failing to move the sturdy behemoth. Everything in his life had brought him to this moment, a moment when he could truly act as an aegis to the world and bring it one step closer to peace. Failure was not an option. His face hardened against the wind, never faltering from staring at the Raikage. "I implore you to reconsider, young Max."
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:53 am
Max could feel the words of the man striking him hard to the chest as the titan informs Max of his lacking knowledge, poor choice of words, and bringing up Suna that was taken much more negatively than the boy would have anticipated. 

Suna was meant not as an insult, but to allow him to understand that surrender doesn't equate to peace or happiness. Not shedding blood does not help one sleep at night, knowing that they are a mere pawn of another to be sacrificed however they see fit. His words were to make sure that this fact was understood by the man since he had faced such turbulence in his own mind because of it. It didn't have the intended effect it would seem.

"In order to make such a decision, I would need to think it over given some time. I have no desire to make an enemy out of the nation of Kiri, but I also refuse to make a hasty choice that may be undesired by those that look to me as Raikage. I ask you, and your Mizukage, to allow us some time to consider this proposition. Do you think that such is fair to ask?" Max would say, hoping that he could recover from his earlier blunders. If he were to be a strong leader, he would have to stop speaking purely from his passion and more closely consider how his words will be taken by others. 

"We are in a bit of a situation anyhow, and it is one that I doubt Kiri would desire wasting time or effort on. Why would the nation of Kiri use its resources to help us?" Max would say, speaking of Kenshin and his impending assault. "Even as allies, I don't wish to depend on others to help us fight our battles anyhow. If we cannot protect ourselves, would we not simply be a liability to the great nation of Kiri, anyhow?" He would ask plainly, hoping that Nobunage understood where he was coming from. If Kumo couldn't protect itself, it had no right to stand as a village. 

OoC: Sorry for the wait. Real life is kicking my ass right now.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum