Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Work times TwoToday at 6:24 pmSakuTea with Youta, Z, and Dante Today at 6:11 pmZatoichi HyuugaWhen one became twoToday at 5:46 pmKutari UchihaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 5:38 pmZatoichi HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 5:02 pmMegami KuogaMeeting the BladeToday at 1:13 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsToday at 12:49 pmKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 12:27 pmRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 11:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
160 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
53 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
46 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen
Stat Page : Smoke Warning
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Academy Help [P] Empty Academy Help [P]

Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 pm
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t15740-d-rank-helping-the-academy

Spoiler:

Ryūka woke up in a dark room. It was one of those starts, wasn't it? To a day, of course, not to a mission thread posted on a roleplay site, as, unfortunately, Ryūka had no meta-knowledge of his existence being a joke, originating from a random guy's wish to troll the village of Kumogakure in general, but ending up with a character he started to like playing, mainly because weaponry seemed to be more fun to him than Ninjutsu. No, Ryūka simply was aware that this was a bad way to start a day. He struggled with it at first, but then managed to get up. The first thing he did was walk over to the window, and open it up, letting some light and wind come into the small room. He looked around, and sighed. Getting up and ready had always been a struggle for him. He took all of his stuff, and left by jumping out of the window.

He made his way to the mission boards, where Natsume and Hoshi had agreed to meet him.
Hoshi Kyouken
Hoshi Kyouken
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8500

Academy Help [P] Empty Re: Academy Help [P]

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 pm
-The day Before-

Hoshi was relaxing in his bed. Today and the next day would just be days where he could chill out and have some peace and quite for once ,Although normally he wouldn't dare stop training, the days seemed to of been rougher than usual so he just wanted a nice long "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK." Whoever was knocking the door was about to be in a world of pure unadulterated pain. With a start Hoshi unzipped his sleeping bag and rapidly dashed at max speeds towards the door, Opening it with full strength and furious eye's to see a mailman quivering in fear... "Hey look sorry I just want some sleep for once Ok there?" Yet the mailman still handed him a letter. From Ryuka? Damn that guy interrupting his sleep. Time to see what it is...

-Current day-

Hoshi up bright and early in this great.... Meh weather. Decided instead of a casual way t enter the village he might as well go maximum speeds. Managing to reach it ,with the help of the seven heavens breathing technique, in a simple 5 minutes. With the village in sights Hoshi simply used his memory to meet up with Ryuka for a mission. Though Hoshi accidentally cracked the paving right next to the mission boards trying to stop his momentum.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 9150

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:21 pm
Natsume woke bright and early that day, her mind jittery with excitement as she recalled how Ryūka-senpai had flagged her down during the week and asked her to join him on a mission. Her! Being requested for a mission! She'd told her father as soon as she'd gotten home that day and ignored the way his blanching face made her heart sink. At least he knew she'd be going on a mission. He wouldn't be left wondering why she might never return. She would've tried to comfort him, tell him the details of what epic quest she'd be embarking on, but she'd forgotten to ask Ryūka for the details herself. How silly of her.

On this fine morning, she slinked into the kitchen, planning to find something to munch on as she headed towards the mission boards, but was stopped short by the sight of her father standing in front of the kitchen counter, hands on his hips. "I'm glad you're remembering to eat breakfast, even on this big day." He stepped aside before she could speak and gestured to a package on the counter top. "I don't want to get your hopes up, but just in case... These should keep you safe for now."

Keep her safe? She took the package and tore into it, eyes widening at the kunais and shurikens in the box. "Is this...?" she trailed off uncertainly.

"A beginner's set. Use it well, kiddo."

She nodded and strapped on the weapon pouches, then tucked in the various other tools inside the set into the pouches. She grabbed an apple and ran towards her father to press a kiss to his cheek. "Thanks, pa. Don't worry. I've got this." She ducked under his looming hand, successfully avoiding a hair ruffling. "See you soon."

It didn't take her too long to find the meeting spot. She arrived at the meeting spot with a giant, sparkling smile. She had her own ninja set! She was ready for this, whatever this was! "Looks like we're all here," she said, unable to resist stating the obvious. "What's the mission, senpais? I'm ready for anything." Anything except for fighting the nine bijuus in space, of course. That would have to wait for another day.

[ WC: 373 | TWC: 373 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 am
- The day before -

"Call me cynical, Hashiramashima, but I think the whole 'the day before' trope is kind of old... And you know, if you were writing that for a personal book or something I guess that would be fine, but you are thinking of using this in a roleplaying game. What did you call it, Fields & Giant Reptiles? The name isn't that catchy by the way, maybe you should work on that. Either way, the point is, if it's meant to be for social roleplay, you should be putting out stuff that the person you're playing with can reply and react to, right? I think you make that partly a solo thing at that point...". Hashiramashima sighed. "Shut up Ryuka what do you know about writing?". Ryūka sighed, "I guess that's a good point... It's pronounced Ryūka by the way, not Ryuka, thanks.".

- That Day -

"Fucking Hashiramashima man..." he thought, and right as he recalled the day before, he saw his friend Hoshi appear. "Oh hey Hoshi, what's up?". And, just a few minutes later, Natsume followed. Ryūka sighed. "Hey. Um. It's just Ryūka. Not a senpai. Please don't make it weird. Yeah, also, to brief both of you on the mission, there's not really much to it. It's not a mission of fighting giant boars, or helping zombies, or anything. We'll just go to the academy, and teach the kids some things. Follow me, let's head there.".

Ryūka led them towards the Academy, a place all 3 knew quite well. He kept talking on the way. "So I planned it this way; I'll handle teaching them the Transformation Technique, then one of you can teach them the Substitution Technique, and the other one the Clone Technique. Sounds good right? We'll also have to show them the basics of our rank... And, don't get me wrong here, Natsume, but you might want to stay out of that a bit, being a newer Genin. I'll leave that up to you though.". They reached the academy. Ryūka led them to the classroom they were scheduled to educate.

Ryūka entered the room with a strict look on his face. He was trying to live up to the expectations he assumed academy students had in their minds for what ninja were like. He looked at the class, noticing the kids were scattered around, chilling. He shouted. "To your seats, kids.". He walked over to the table. "I am Ryūka, this is Hoshi, and this is Natsume. We'll be your instructors today. We'll just talk about the basics of being a ninja, and we'll demonstrate the basic techniques, the ones you will learn throughout your stay here in the academy.".

He crossed his arms. "I'll start. The first thing about being a ninja is... Following orders. Sounds simple enough, and it is. Just make sure you never underestimate the importance of some things, despite how simple they might seem. The basic academy techniques are a primary example of that.". Ryūka used the Transformation Technique, doing the handseals slowly so the classroom could examine the details. He transformed himself into a slightly taller, but much buffer guy with long spiky blond hair, wearing a superhero costume. "The techniques you will learn here will be easy to learn, easy to use, but highly useful. So make sure you pay attention to every bit of it.". He let go of the transformation, going back to his regular self. "The transformation is one of the first techniques I ever learned, and one I use more regularly than most of my high rank techniques. It's great for hiding, infiltration, escapes, and so much more. To get back onto the topic of what ninja life is like; it usually consist of doing the things I mentioned, and a lot of fights. For me at least. I try to pick up as many missions as possible, to be as useful to my village as I can. I advise you all to do the same once you are all ninjas like us. I'll let Hoshi and Natsume take over the subject now. Pay attention.".

[WC: 865]
Hoshi Kyouken
Hoshi Kyouken
Citizen

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:14 pm
Hoshi didn't know why exactly. But he felt a sort of aggression towards Ryuka? Was it something he said that set him off? Something he thought? Perhaps his writing style was good enough and he didn't need anyone telling him off for it... Yet Hoshi never knew any of this. Only an entity of far greater yet much less power.

"Ah hey Ryuka. And Natsume *huff huff*." "What's the mission I barely got any information at all." Hoshi soon regretted the knowledge of what this mission truly entails as Ryuka initially speaks of what it's not... Exciting. But who knows. Their could be interesting kids in this school and hey they could be like Natsume, people ready to bloom into great ninja's that could be potential allies in the future. Yet this was pretty unlikely seeing as though his old classmates were... Less than stellar to say the least. With people actively slacking with of course talented people there not using any of that talent for jutsu at all, a pretty all around annoying experience which taught him nothing.

"Really? We have to teach people like this? Why can't we just teach/show to people like Nastume was to where it's actually fun to teach instead of aggravating. Their's a reason I barely went to my classes Ryuka come one!" And yet here Hoshi was within a classroom of half interested students with barely any talent. Well some look like they could be good if they actually tried but most were just chatting away, being way too social for people about to step into a world of becoming a ninja. Where one must follow orders and such to complete missions ,To which Hoshi barely did,.

Though after Ryuka's greeting the kids straightened up abit and started to look intrigued and excited at the prospect of real ninja's ,Though only genin, being presented to them at this current moment and good thing Ryuka told Hoshi what technique to teach them because if not he would've went straight into the deep end of taijutsu but instead the substitution technique... -remembers when Ryuka cucked him out of it's use before hand- Not very useful but it's something.

Ryuka did a pretty good explanation of what a ninja was yet he makes it seem all fine and dandy. Which for now it was but in the future for them? Definitely not going to be as simple as what he just explained to the students, But the transformation he used was pretty spot on with him even giving examples to the students. Hell if Ryuka was his tutor instead of Hoshi's old man Tenga things would've been so much more easier than the rough teaching style he received. Regrets filled Hoshi's head, though not for long as it was his time to teach.

"Sup. Names Hoshi. Today Imma teach you how to substitute using..." Grabs a chair on the side "This technique is pretty useful and i'll show ya why." With that said Hoshi did the hand signs for substitution with replacing himself with a chair in an instant. "This technique is pretty good for evasion and the like. You could prepare the hand signs before hand whilst in cover whilst throwing the object into the fray to set up a surprise attack." Hoshi realised this kind of approach as using it the normal way lead into his demise in a spar. "But you will find out when you become true ninja that these techniques are not even fundamental but downright childs play compared to the future technique's such as this." Hoshi decided to demonstrate the Arhat Gangeki fist against the chair. Breaking it into several pieces... Looks like this may come out of his pay. 

"One must not only be strong when becoming a genin. But also have an arsenal of fundamental skills prepared, So that ya ready for any scenario as you start learning real jutsu and hey. Ya never know when you may need these skills to save ya skin in a life or death scenario." With the ominous ending Hoshi decided to leave the students ready for Natsume "It's your turn now. You're the one who's been genin the least time so perhaps you would be a better teacher." 
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 am
Natsume waited patiently as the other two boys went through their lessons. She had to resist the urge to bury her nose into her notebook and read up on her notes—she wouldn't dare give the impression that the boys' lessons weren't worth paying attention to. They each imparted their own views on ninjahood - on being useful to the village, on the importance of learning powerful techniques. What valuable lesson could she give?

She smiled awkwardly as Hoshi offered her the stage with a reminder about her short time as a Genin. Did he have to remind her that she was so woefully under qualified? This was her first mission! She rolled her shoulders back and looked at the kids in front of her. Most of them were curious, watching with wide eyes and open ears. Some looked out the windows in boredom or simply dazed through the lecture. There would always be those types. She couldn't let their disinterest get to her. "Hello. I'm Natsume." She cleared her throat. "I'll be demonstrating the Clone Technique." She brought her hands together and went through the seals slowly and precisely, forming each with textbook precision. "Ram, Snake, and then Tiger. These are the seals that we use to help channel our chakra for clones."

A clone appeared on either side of Natsume, mirroring her hands. Every action she made, they made. "We call them 'clones', but they're more like... projections of yourself. An illusion." She smiled as she demonstrated the limitations of her technique. "It looks impressive, but a real ninja can break down this jutsu and understand what makes it tick. For example, these ones cant hurt you." She walked around, and as she did, it became apparent that the clones had no mass; they passed without resistance through the table. "It's not necessarily about the techniques you learn, but your understanding of those techniques and your ability to twist them until they work in whatever context you need them to. Know your limitations and cover for them." Natsume and the clones went behind the table. She dispelled them and made two new ones that now both stood to her right.

With a leap, she launched herself over the table, along with the clones. "Which one is the real one?" There were so many ways to tell. The shadow on the ground, the sound of her voice, the slight give of the ground beneath her feet but not the clones. A hand went up. She smiled. "In the real world, you don't get this long to figure it out. You need to do it in a snap. But this is the time to learn and develop. Who is the real one?"

"You, in the middle." The kid smiled triumphantly. "When you made the clones, they appeared on either side of you!"

She shook her head. "Wrong." The clones disappeared, leaving her to the far left. "You can choose how the clones appear around you, as long as it's within a meter." She remade the clones, this time with both to her left. "Listen to where my voice comes from. Look at the shadows they do not happen to cast. Do not assume, make sure you know."

Her heart was in her throat and she hoped it wasn't showing. Hoped they couldn't see the way her hands wanted to shake, the sweat on the back of her neck. She had nothing else to show them. "Never be satisfied with where you are. There will always be something new to learn or someone stronger than you." She smiled. "If you're willing to progress, no matter the obstacles in front of you, that's the most important thing." She looked to the boys. "Now, we'll be waiting for you all to join the ranks. I, personally, cannot wait to work alongside the fine ninja you all will become." With that, she took a step back, allowing her seniors to take the lead once more.

[ WC: 660 | TWC: 1033 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 am
Ryūka smiled. He overestimated the students, it seemed. Natsume's Clone Technique wasn't weaker than a regular one, that wasn't the problem, but the lack of shadows was an obvious tell, as well as the more obvious tell; that Natsume didn't move, she stood in her place, and that should have made it clear which one the real one was. He thought back to his academy days and tried to recall if he was as bad as he thought these kids were. He couldn't tell. "We'll be waiting for them to join the ranks?" Ryūka repeated in his mind. It was a funny concept. He realized he had seen both Natsume and Zyxis become Genin from students. He was not the most inexperienced anymore. It was a weird feeling. It had only been some time since he had taught Zyxis the basic elementary techniques, and Natsume the Chakra Infusion. Now they were both his equals, fellow Genin. 

"Okay kids." Ryūka said, once again taking over the speech, "That's it from us today. Don't go anywhere, your class teacher will arrive shortly and start your lessons. Don't forget to pay utmost attention.". Ryūka lead his friends out of the academy. "So..." he said to the two other Genin, "You guys done for the day, or are you down for another mission, a real one?"

It had been some time. Lately, Ryūka had been taking easy jobs, cleaning, fishing, finding cats, finding stuff, delivering mail. Jobs. Not missions. He did make money, but his muscles were growing weaker. He had not used his body to its full potential for some time. He was longing for a real mission, possibly one that would put him into a real fight. Even if his friends disagreed, he would have probably chosen to go on a mission by himself. He couldn't let his body stay on vacation for any longer. He needed a fight, so he wasn't growing weaker instead of stronger. He did have his doubts though. No matter how much he wanted to go on a battle with Hoshi, and no matter how much he wanted to go on a real mission with Natsume, he wasn't sure if the newly-Genin rookie would be able to keep up, if there was a real fight. Ryūka's mind went back and forth. On one hand, he would never forgive himself if Natsume was hurt badly because he brought her to a mission beyond her capabilities. On the other hand though, he believed in his ability to protect either of his friends if they needed it. In the end, he decided to leave it up to them.

[If you two want to do another mission, i'll post the mission in my next post and we'll start it, if not, you can just exit in your next posts]

[WC: 1303]
Hoshi Kyouken
Hoshi Kyouken
Citizen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 am
Natsume's clones were shifty since she was obvious in how she moved and talked to the students, to the point where it should be obvious who the clone is but the students ate it up anyway. That student who called her out for being in the middle, Will definitely not become a good ninja at all if he can't tell that difference. Though the knack in telling small details has only come to Hoshi's attention simply from the bout with Ryuka as he had to harness his sight better. Though even with that harsh inner criticism Natsume did well with the clone technique and as she came back and Ryuka closed off the lesson Hoshi wanted to tell Natsume something "That was a good clone ya did. But your actual movements and the clones were different from one another. With the shadows plain in view instead of hidden through improvised usage. Other than that ya did good."  Harsh words are always the best to improvement... At least for him anyway.

With the lesson concluded Ryuka mentioned something interesting. The possibility of doing another real mission excited Hoshi greatly. Though Natsume could be in danger? No she was strong enough to take care of herself ,yet if Hoshi was wrong in that assumption, anyone who dared to harm Natsume would suffer greatly as he himself would help her in dire need. Yet even if he was miraculously stopped Ryuka would surely step in by then and defeat them "Are you kidding me? Of course i'll take on a real mission. What are we waiting for? Oh right. Natsume you ready to deal with your first REAL mission as a genin?" Her thoughts mattered more than his since if she wasn't prepared mentally it would just become a chore rather than fun.

OOC:
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 pm
Natsume bit her lip as Hoshi offered his critiques, her eyes focused on Ryūka as he wrapped up the class. She knew his points, and they were certainly valid, but hadn't he realized she'd intentionally done it so that the students could try and notice these things? Not one for confrontation, however, she kept her mouth shut.

As they left the academy, Natsume fidgeted with her things. It had been a rather uneventful first day on the job, if she had anything to say about it. "So..." She looked up as Ryūka drawled. Before she could reply, Hoshi had already cut in with an excited 'yes'. "Technically, this was a real mission. A boring one, but real nonetheless," she thought. Semantics, however, wouldn't be appreciated. She just needed time to think. She swallowed and reached for the weapons pouch strapped to her thigh. It was a comforting reminder that, despite his reservations, her father believed in her. Believed that she would come home to him. That decided it. She squared her shoulders and nodded. "I'm in, Ryūka-sen—" She cut herself off mid-sentence, remembering his stern reminders to NOT call him senpai. She smiled slightly. "Ryūka, Hoshi."

She could do this. Could do a real mission, as a real genin, and finally prove to her father and herself that this wasn't all some misguided attempt to rush herself to her death.

"Let's go get that mission."

[ WC: 235 | TWC: 1268 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm
Mission:

Ryūka smiled. "I mean, yeah you could call this a mission. Technically it is, you get paid for it, you were asked to do it by the village... But... I can't really explain it, but once you're in a mission by my definition, I'm definitely sure you will understand why I think there's a difference between the two.". He was glad that both of his friends had accepted his offer to go on another mission. He nodded. "And it won't be that long until you learn then, I guess. Follow me." he said, leading the team to the mission boards. On the way, he kept speaking, "It's still pretty early... The sun didn't even come up yet. I don't know how many missions we can find for the three of us to do at this hour, to be honest. Hopefully, there will be something that fits us.". When Natsume called almost called him Ryūka-senpai again, but stopped and corrected herself, Ryūka couldn't help but chuckle. "Right, Natsume.".

In just a few minutes, the trio reached the mission boards. Ryūka started going through the missions. "Wolves at night... No. Bandits that come out at night... No. Crows attack some farms! Oh! Oh... In the middle of the night... Guess a lot of the things that require ninja attention happen at night? Never thought about it like that before.". He chuckled. One of them finally caught his eye that didn't require them to wait until the sun was down. In fact, it asked for the exact opposite. "Quick!" Ryūka said, "Follow me, fast, we don't have time, I'll explain on the way.". He started running, at a pace both of his friends could keep up with. He explained as he promised, while they ran towards the edge of the village, to the gates meeting the Black Forest. "We're going on guard duty! Better clear your schedules for the day! If you're going to be busy with something, you can bail, of course, but obviously, you won't get paid if you do so. I advise both of you to stay though, this could be a great experience for all of us.".

In a few minutes, they reached the guardpost. Ryūka chose to do the talking "Hi! We're here to take over for today!". The man standing there, a tall man with spiky gray hair that covered most of his face, nodded, and left without saying anything. "Get ready, team." Ryūka said, taking a seat at the table that had 4 chairs near it. "So, Natsume. How's ninja life going for you? By the way, how did you two meet?". He looked first at Hoshi, then back at Natsume. After a few minutes, presumably after Hoshi and Natsume both answered Ryūka, a tall man in a black kimono carrying a katana approached the gates from the forest. "Hoshi..." Ryūka said, "I'll let you deal with this. We'll step in if needed, of course.".

[WC: 1792]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum