Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 9150

Just a Bunch of Bookworms [NK] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Bunch of Bookworms [NK]

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:26 pm
Natsume took a seat across from Ryuka, wasting little time to admire the comfy orange and wood brown color scheme of the library. Before her bottom was fully seated, she had the book out and open, ready to read. Much like Ryuka, she had no interest in trying to split her attention between reading and conversation, so she focused solely on reading and understanding what was before her. While the book promised it woudl eventually cover the various roles that ink had on a ninja's battlefield—from creating seals in fuuinjutsu to the creation of ink jutsus from drawings—it started off with summarizing exactly how such ink was produced. Most prominently, it mentioned that these kinds of inks, while more expensive than the standard civilian inks, were of high quality and could be infused with chakra. "Chakra infusion?" she mumbled, not knowing that term. She went to reach for her notebook so that she could jot down her questions... that's when she realized, she'd forgotten it at home!

"I'm sorry, do you have some spare paper and a pen I could borrow, Ryuka-senpai?" she asked. "I'd like to take some notes. I think this book is too advanced for my level. It's mentioning some things but doesn't really explain them, so I need to find some books that can explain them." She blinked up at him, inspiration hitting her as she recalled that he was a ninja, and might possibly be able to explain them for her! Aside from her father, she'd never really had ninjas around her that she could ask for information, so it was genuinely a surprise for her. "Actually... maybe you could tell me what Chakra Infusion is? It says here that that's how you attune the ink, but that doesn't explain how it works. And I'm fairly certain we didn't discuss it in the academy."

[ WC: 309 | TWC: 2128 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen
Stat Page : Smoke Warning
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Just a Bunch of Bookworms [NK] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Bunch of Bookworms [NK]

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am
Ryūka's own research wasn't really going anywhere. The book was very interesting, and gave him many ideas, but there weren't any information specifically about the Super Beast Imitating Technique. It bothered Ryūka and almost broke his poor heart. Fortunately, Natsume was about to say a few words to turn his metaphorical frown upside down... Metaphorically... "Oh, it's done with chakra infusion? That's great.". Ryūka was comforted by learning that a skill that he already had under his disposal was required to truly understand this new technique he was researching. "Yeah, I can teach you I guess. Though. I should say from the start, I'm not a great teacher, so if my methods aren't very impressive, I apologize from the start... Let's see here..."

Ryūka grabbed a pen nearby. The library granted its members with notebooks, pens and ink of course; and Ryūka was obviously a member of every library in town. Ryūka first offered them to Natsume, to share them together, as she had asked for that earlier. "Okay, first let me see if I can get it to work without much training.". He grabbed one of the pens, dripped the end of it in ink, then held it out in front of him, in a position where both him and Natsume could see it clearly. Ryūka infused his chakra into the pen. To the naked eye, there would be no indication of it. Natsume would probably assume Ryūka was just looking at the pen longingly, which to be fair, he was doing, something that had more to do with Ryūka's personality than the usage of chakra infusion.

Ryūka thought about it for a second. "You know... That actually sounds like something a Water Release user would be able to do... Something that I'm not unfortunately... How can I... Hm...". Ryūka hadn't even realised he'd been talking out loud. He looked down at the paper. It gave him an idea. "Oh." he kept thinking out loud, "Maybe... It's the artistry that fuels this technique... So maybe it has less to do with the element, and more with the...". He put the edge of the pen on top of the paper, and started drawing. "Act." he finished his words, as he kept drawing with the pen infused with chakra. After a few more lines, it would be clear what he was drawing, a pidgeon. When he drew the last line and removed his hand from the paper, the pidgeon moved. It got out of its 2-dimension home, and stepped into a universe with a 3rd dimension. It flew for a second, before dropping down as ink, on top of another one of the papers lying around. Ryūka was shocked that it worked. He grabbed the paper that the ink had fallen on. It was a mess of a drawing now, instead of the pidgeon he had drawn.

After watching the chaos on the paper for a seconds, Ryūka shook out of it, looking at Natsume once again. "I'm sorry. We were saying... Chakra Infusion. Have you... Ever meditated on chakra? I hope you know what chakra is, at least, from the academy; or this is gonna take a long time. If you know what chakra is, here's what I want you to do. Close your eyes. Focus on your chakra, surrounding your body. Then when you have a clear sense of it, try guiding it to a specific point in your body, preferably your hand so that you'll be able to, later, extend it to the pen you're gonna use. Let's give it a go before talking further.".

[WC: 2525]
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm
She took the pen gratefully and poised her hand atop the paper, awaiting his lecture. The lecture did not exactly start out as she had expected, though, as he took to experimenting with the technique first. She watched him carefully, but without chakra sensing eyes, it was impossible for her to really see what he was doing. To her... he was just admiring the pen. It was a nice pen, definitely. Fine quality, for a public pen loaned to the vast majority, but it was not exactly worth the intense admiration he was showering it with. She frowned as she waited for him to continue his thought process, fingers tapping impatiently against the table surface.

At least he thought out loud — it made it laughably easy to follow along with the process. That was why, as he started to draw, Natsume shifted her gaze to the paper. The pigeon he drew was simple enough, more a symbol than a rendering, but——Natsume jumped. "It moved!" she said, unable to resist stating the obvious. But how could it be obvious, that a 2D drawing would animate itself, moving along in the 3D world? She reached for the paper that Ryuka clutched and, once he had snapped out of his bewildered daze, took the paper to look at it as well, half-listening as he began to speak. It did not look much like the pigeon he had drawn earlier, more splatters of ink falling along in a mockery of the drawing, as if the illustration had lost stability and done an emergency landing on the surface. Now that she'd seen a glimpse of the technique, she knew, without a doubt, that she had to learn it.

She put the paper down and shifted her full attention to Ryuka as he mentioned guiding her chakra to a part of her body. "Okay." Like a good little student, Natsume held out her hand, palm up, and closed her eyes to focus. After her whole learning experience with paper, calling her chakra to a single point on her own self was easy. "How much do I send to my hand? As much as possible?" she asked, peeking through one half-open eye at Ryuka as she awaited further instruction.

[ WC: 373 | TWC: 2501 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 am
"However much is fine..." Ryūka answered, "The more you focus, the more potent it will be. And thus, most of the time, stronger. Though when you're holding a pen like this, you might want to look out for not infusing too much chakra, since... As you might guess chakra is as much a source of destruction as it is a source of creation and beauty. Too much of it, and the pen might just explode.". Ryūka was aware that the explanation he gave might have been a little bit exaggerated, but it still was based on truth, if a slightly filtered version of it. Chakra was really a part of life that was hard to understand. It had existed, theoretically, since the beginning of time, but there was still so much unknown about it. And every once in a while, something believed to be impossible happened thanks to the use of chakra. Somehow it was at the same both one of the most basic facts of life, and one of the most complex aspects of it.

That was one of the things that was interesting about it, at least in Ryūka's eyes. It was impossible to understand, yet right in front of them at all times. He smiled, and closed the book that he had been reading, the one that turned out to be unrelated to his and Natsume's current research. He read the title once again. "Where Artistry Meets Jutsu: A Study on the Relations of Chakra and Art". It was more to it than the title suggested, but as the beauty, and the similarity in chakra and art, the title representing that as well, was layered. It too, was both too simple and too complex at the same time. Ryūka smiled. He had accepted the fact that he'll never know everything, a long time ago. It still hurt, even if a little bit, but he was in terms with it now.

Ryūka held the pen in front of him once again. He focused his chakra into it, and drew a tiger. The tiger tried leaping off the page, but fell back on the same white sheet. "Huh." Ryūka said, "I guess... The potency of your chakra does greatly effect how strong your 'drawings' will be... I might need to meditate some on my chakra I guess... I have postponed much of my chakra training to work on my weaponry skills. Either way. Are you good, Natsume? It might be getting a little too late to do any kind of studying now. Maybe we should call it a day, and meet later? Maybe after you're done with your Genin Exam, I could introduce you to my team. I'm sure they would have some things to teach you.". He then waited for an answer from Natsume, ready to pack his book and leave. It had been a long day, after all.

"On second thought..." Ryuka then said, "I just realized. I do really have to leave... Now... Sorry. You can keep the books, I'll meet you later.".

[Feel free to learn chakra infusion at teacher discount]

[EXIT.WC: 3032. Claiming;
Super Beast Imitating Drawing (2000)
1032 words towards C-Rank Parry (715 from here  and here +1032 = 1747/2000)]
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Approved
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:49 pm
Oof also +15 Stats please.
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:58 pm
No

Approved
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:04 pm
She nodded as he explained the idea behind chakra infusion, though it was a little lackluster in actual instruction. Poetic, certainly, but informative? Not really. "Ah. I... see?" She forced an awkward smile and continued to channel the chakra into the pen regardless, focusing on keeping the chakra swirling in place despite its resistance to the unnatural flow. While she worked on infusing the pen, Ryuka went ahead and continued experimenting with the technique. Distracted by the sight in front of her, Natsume switched her attention from the pen to the tiger that tried and failed to peel itself off the page's surface. With her attention divided, her chakra's natural instincts overwhelmed her control and retreated back into her. She sighed and put the pen down to rub her eyes. She was simply too tired to focus.

She looked up as he decided to call if a day. "I..." She really wanted to continue to study the books, but her eyelids were heavy and her head constantly just moments away from nodding off. She sighed. "Yeah, let's stop. It'd be nice to meet your team, Ryuka-senpai." It didn't take long for Ryuka to clean up and leave, leaving Natsume with both the books and a bit of confusion. Whatever he'd remembered must've been important for him to leave in such a hurry.

Natsume stayed a little longer at the library, composing herself and finishing the last of her notes. She returned the pen she'd borrowed, cleaned up the table so it was precisely how it had been before, then shuffled the two books into the crook of her arm and headed home with her head in the clouds. "Ink that could come to life. The applications would be endless, depending on the quality of the life illustrations. Are they sturdy? Could they hold a person?" Her thoughts were completely consumed by the possibilities of Super Beast Imitating Drawing. By the time she got home, sneaking through the front door and to her room, she'd regained inspiration to continue working.

She packed the books into her bookshelf, carefully marking them with tags so she'd know they were important (though all her books were important to her), and went and got a pen. She would have to get the chakra infusion down first, according to the books. So she sat down, gripped the pen, and focused.

It was easier this time to focus on the flow of her chakra and control it, now that there were no distractions around her. In fact, it was almost too easy. She was sending too much chakra, too fast, and the pen would overload! Ryuka's warning about the pen exploding flitted to the forefront of her mind a moment too late, as the pen cracked... then splintered into several pieces with a loud 'BANG!'. Ink splattered all across Natsume, her desk, and the floor. "Whoops." There was no point whispering when the whole house had probably woken to that sound.

At that moment, her father sleepily poked his head into her room, squinting at her through tired eyes. "Kid. Pumpkin. Darlin'. Have you heard of sleep?" Before she could get a reply in, his eyes opened further, and he took in the ink splatters all around. "Actually, no, you've not heard of sleep. What you have heard of is cleaning this mess up, right now. Don't you dare leave this to stain, kiddo!"

Natsume winced and hid a yawn behind her hand. "Yes, papa. I've got this." She nudged past him to get the cleaning supplies.

"And then you march your butt into bed after that room is spick and span, you hear me?"

"Yes, yes. Go sleep, papa. You're making breakfast in the morning." She returned, her weapons of choice—a wet rag and a bucket of soapy water—in either hand. She spent a rather long time cleaning up the mess, only stopping when she was certain there was nothing left of her mistake.

The next morning, Natsume cried out. "NOOO!" She'd forgotten to look up while cleaning.

[ EXIT

WC: 674 | TWC: 3175

Claiming:
> Chakra Infusion (1000/1000) Taught by Ryuka
> Super Beast Imitating Drawing (2000/2000)
> Fuinjutsu Lock (500/500) 461 from here and 39 from this thread.
> Mark Seal (136/500) 136 from this thread.
> 15 Stats ]
Saku
Saku
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Remove Remove Lightning Remove Default
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 13970

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 pm
Seems legit, approved.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum