Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 10:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 9:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 9:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 9:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 9:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 9:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 9:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 8:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 8:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 7:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
138 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Faded Glory
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 23750

One Last Thing [Max] Empty One Last Thing [Max]

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:05 am
For once in his infinitely busy life, Komori had a chance to just sit down and relax. Ever since he had become a jounin, he felt his drive and motivation die out as his responsibilities threatened to consume him. But for once, he had a breather. A moment of peace to think to himself.

Underneath tree branches swaying in the mountain winds, the dark haired man laid back against a tree, his head resting in his hands, with his elbows outstretched to each side. Kumogakure had become relatively stable lately, despite the lack of proper leadership of any sort. The Rot Lord who had turned this land into a hell on earth had been absent for quite some time. Even the Makukage had seemingly vanished, his short stint with the Village Hidden in the Clouds apparently over and done with. Whether Mortarion was ruling through the shadows or not was another matter entirely, but the fact remained that Kumogakure had always been rather self sufficient, even without active leaders. But would other villages, other outside sources look down upon them for not having a leader who stood strong, firm, and showed himself in the face of confrontation. The jounin wore a quizzical look upon his face as he pondered these things. With the absence of Mortarion and Maku, of a proper leader, Kumogakure might pale in comparison to other villages. Even that dirt village that they had visited had a leader, despite Komori not remembering much about the incidents. It was probably best that he forget, in all honesty. That place was not one worth thinking about.

Could this village better itself with a proper leader, the man thought to himself. The Hozuki looked up towards the sky with a glimmer in his electric blue eyes. He recalled the last time that he had been in the office of the Raikage, that the man named Kyson had seemed to take over the duties of a village leader in Maku’s absence. The foreigner talked as though he had been a member of the Cloud for his life, even inviting the twin jounin into the upper ranks upon the condition that they managed to prove themselves. However, Kyson was not necessarily a proper leader. Rather, Kumogakure needed someone born and raised in the Cloud. Leader after leader after leader. The past line of Raikages have all been foreigners who seized power, the Cloud trading from one pair of powerful hands to another.

Komori wanted to change this. The man pushed himself off of the ground and stood up, brushing off his pants. Sometimes, you need to make yourself be the change.

---

He would then continue towards the village, notably to the house that belonged to Max.  He stopped outside the door, looking up towards its eerie exterior. The house itself seemed to start taking on some damage from improper maintenance. A loose shingle here, a needed patch job there. Not like anybody quite expected a boy who was not even a teenager yet to look after a house, but it was his. It was a gift from Senshi. The jounin had not been here since discovering his mentor’s fate, and he was not necessarily excited to be back. However, there was something that the man he revered above all the others of Kumogakure had done, and that was something that Komori wanted to follow suit.

One person had come to mind when the Hozuki thought of a retainer. Naturally, it would be assumed that Komori would leave anything in his belongings to Komon, but the better looking twin did not want to bother his slightly older brother. Rather, this needed to be entrusted to Max, the same way that Senshi had done before.

Senshi.

His very name was enough to cause a change in Komori. The man practically bled Kumo, and yet he was still kil- missing in action. His body undiscovered, the setting looking like a suicide run. But, with the information that the twins had found in Tenga… No, that was Komon’s information to share. It was not the time for such things now, this was something Komori needed to do for himself. He finally made his way towards the door, knocking several times before opening it if it was unlocked.

“I hope I’m not interrupting,” he would say lightly as he walked into the building, or when he was greeted at the door, whichever came first. He would look around the humble abode, noting the damages that had accrued from the ‘coping’ that the group had gone through. “I have a favor to ask.”

WC: 780
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

One Last Thing [Max] Empty Re: One Last Thing [Max]

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:51 am
Fear. It was something that could break men, no matter how mighty. Fear of death, fear of loss, fear of being helpless. Being a Yamaguchi, Max didn’t face fear the same as others did. Life and death blurred to the boy sitting at the table. Max could feel something about the day, something that was ringing in the back of his head. It all felt… off.

Under the boy’s hands was a notebook, his findings written inside. He had done a great deal of testing on the samples of blood that he had taken from both Komon and Komori. While both of them had similar genetics, their bloodlines both had different manifestations. They were similar, but genetically they were not identical. It was all rather interesting to the young scientist. Well, scientist was the only word that really fit. He wanted to learn how everything works, and with time he could edit and manipulate the body. A world without disease, without pain… without death.

Can you really blame the boy? He has already suffered so much loss at the hands of fate, and in this dangerous world it probably wouldn’t end there. Why suffering should be allowed to continue, especially if someone has the capability to put an end to it baffled the boy to no end. His goal was to bring out the best in the world, not through overcoming strife or conflict but through peace and prosperity for all. A better world.

Kumo would be only the first step. Max could make everyone here stronger first, a testing ground of sorts to hone his craft. A stronger humanity as a whole could promote peace. Death would no longer be something people would have to fear. They wouldn’t need to wage wars to secure their place in history. They wouldn’t need to fight over resources and other such petty things. Things like that would be beneath humanity should Max succeed.

---

Everything was moving slowly, his research far from complete. It wouldn’t be in a position to start doing human trials without significantly more data. Komon and Komori coming from the same parents suggested to Max that more than a single bloodline can be housed within a person, in their case it being completely dormant in their genetic coding. Was it possible that others housed these recessive genes? And if so, what would it take to unlock them. Would they have to be forced to activate? And could someone that didn’t house those genes benefit from them? If so, it would suggest that they all stemmed from some similar ancestral line.

Max would suddenly be startled by a knocking at his door. The boy would get up, moving over to the door to see who it had been visiting him. The door would swing open and reveal Komori standing there, an odd look on his face. He didn’t seem to be himself, his demeanor throwing young Max of a great deal. “You aren’t interrupting anything, Komori. I was just doing some research and jotting down notes. You need me to do you a favor? Sure, anything I can do to help.”
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am
Vivaciously, the door was apparently opened up, allowing for the jounin to speak to the chuunin that resided within this home. Komori would move past the boy, letting himself inside. Max was right, the trademark charm of the Hozuki was noticeably absent, instead replaced with a more serious feeling that hung in the atmosphere of the house. The man walked around the house, glancing around and trying to prolong his silence before getting to the uncomfortable question.

An air of silence hung over the room. Komori broke this by pacing around the rooms, talking with his hands. “I’ve been thinking about some things. About the village and what’s been going on with it lately.” He stopped pacing to look at Max. “About how all of our leaders aren’t even from around here. We just keep letting it happen because none of us ever stepped up. This ‘Kyson’ guy is only there because of Maku, Maku took over after Mortarion, and… I don’t even remember anymore. It’s a cycle, and it’s time to break it.” He looked at the boy directly in the eyes, his eyes which were easily older than the rest of his chuunin self. “That’s why I’m leaving behind a few notes-” Komori quickly signed the handseals for storage displacement, withdrawing several papers with mostly legible handwriting and sketches. “-about some of my own jutsu and things I’ve made. It isn’t much, I know, but I figured you would be the best to leave this with, especially after Se-” his voice trailed off again. “It’s kind of somber, I know. But I’m going to be leaving for a bit, check out the outside world, discover myself, all that good stuff. Besides, there are reports of shinobi missing and I can’t just let that slide. I think,” he said pausing, his face contorting into one of thinking. “I think if I do this. If I succeed. No. When I succeed. I’m going to walk into that chamber up there,” he said pointing in the direction of the building from their current location. “And sit in that throne myself.”

“Lastly, I’m leaving my ryo behind. I don’t necessarily need it where I’m going, I’ll find a way to get food and water myself.” Komori chuckled as he set down the rather hefty bag of coins on the center table. “Don’t be afraid to dip into it a bit if you need to.” He smiled as he looked up at the boy. “I can buy us some dinner when I get back from this journey. Until then...” Komori rolled up the sleeve on his left arm, as he did not want to ruin the tattoo on his right that peeked out to his wrist. One of the signs of Senshi’s legacy. “I know you’re into all that science-y and medical-y stuff. I never quite got that myself, but if you needed anything from me.” Komori owned a copy of that kekkei genkai book, so he at least had some basic knowledge about bloodlines and bloodline transfers.

Even after all of this, Komori let himself wander around the room, unnecessarily pacing with one of his sleeves still rolled up quite a bit. This might have been the first time in a long time he could get himself to do something meaningful. Something worth accomplishing

“Nobody is going to stop me, Max.”

---

In the beginning of this journey, Komori originally wanted to just pursue his dream. He wanted to grow strong, so what happened to his family would not happen to him again.

So what was his purpose now? Why was he truly here anymore? What could he ever hope to contribute to this village, to this world? Komori always had a habit of making himself the center of attention, whether this be for the attention of ladies or just his natural charisma. People either loved or hated him, with seemingly no in between. What would this mean for him or the way others perceived him?

---

Granted, now Max would be able to finally get a word in edgewise, Komori finally allowing for the boy be able to interject, his own ramblings grinding to a halt.

Anything that the chuunin would ask of him, Komori would comply with. If it were to be in regards to his bloodline and the Hozuki ability, Komori would respond however he needed to towards the pseudo doctor. After any procedure that would take place had concluded, Komori would have this to say.

“You probably don’t really want to hear this, Max… but if I do die out there. I’m sorry.”

WC: 1579
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:04 pm
Letting the Jounin sit, Max would listen to the words he had to say, hanging on to each of them in his mind. Komori was speaking truths that Max knew for some time now, and so he would be completely understanding. Foreigners controlling the village seemed more like the norm than the idea of one of our own Kumo shinobi. Kyson seemed to be taking over a lot of the Kage responsibilities, but was he truly the kage? Both Mortarion and Maku were gone, unseen by any for a long while. Even if we did say that the man was effectively the Raikage, he was still a foreigner. While he might have been born on this country’s soil, he had fled and named Suna his home. Max wouldn’t hold his fleeing against the man, as Lord Mortarion was an awful man that sunk this village into despair. There were many to have fled or went into hiding when he took control, when he destroyed the boy’s village. 

Max would find himself conflicted, mixed feelings swirling within the mind of the young chuunin. While he could support the idea of Komori doing this, needing to seek out answers both for and about himself, Max didn’t want to see his friend go. And that wasn’t it, because if one twin was heading out of the village that meant the other was sure to follow. They always were inseparable for as long as the boy had known them. Max wouldn’t allow himself to consider that something bad could happen to them. No, such simply was not allowed to happen… but it was a dangerous world out there. Max had already suffered a great deal of tragedy in his lifetime, and he didn’t want two more of his closest friends to get hurt or worse.

Although it was a risk, if Komori had come back with the desire for the “throne” as he put it, the boy wouldn’t see any real reason to stop him. Komori was a capable shinobi, and he had earned both the trust and respect of the young puppeteer. He just hoped that if that were to happen, that it would not end in any bloodshed. While Kyson might not have been as close to Max as the twins were, he had no ill will directed towards the man. He was a good person that put his people’s safety before his own pride or ego. There was something about that action that Max could truly respect, despite what anyone else thought about it.

Offering up his bloodline to study? Honestly, Max would have been delighted to get the chance to study the DNA of a Hozuki, to crack the genetic code and find out exactly what it was that allowed them to shift the water in their body and become completely fluid. Would have been was the key phrase here though, as under these circumstances Max found himself without joy. Komori was speaking about how he might not make it back from this trip, and a tear would form in the boy’s eye, “Nonsense! You will be fine. Nothing can kill the undefeated champion of Kumo… nothing…” Max’s next action may startle the Jounin, but it was something that he simply needed to do. Something that he had wished that he was able to do with Senshi just once more before… before Max lost him forever. The boy would rush headfirst into the torso of Komori, squeezing the Hozuki with all his might. The shift of the man would have small wet spots where Max’s tears would soak in.

“You better come back! You hear me?” the boy would say, his tears no longer flowing but a sadness in his eyes as he looked up at his friend. Once Komori had responded, Max would take him up on his offer, as such an opportunity for the advancement of his studies would not likely come around a second time, and if he did manage to succeed in his ultimate goal, he may be able to see his friend again should the worst happen. No, that wasn’t going to happen. Stop allowing such thoughts to cross your mind!

“Everything is going to be okay,” Max would say aloud, though it was unclear if he was speaking to Komori or convincing himself of it. “I’m going to have to take a decent sample to have enough material to study properly. I’m going to need you to lie on your stomach and tell me about what you know regarding your unique kekkei genkai and how it works. I’m going to have to perform a very minor surgical procedure, but there is no need to worry. You won’t feel a thing, and I’ll be done before you know it.” Assuming that the Jounin complied, Max would then use the hand seals for Chakra Anesthetic and insert them lightly into the area on his back that was going to be operated on. Komori’s back would go numb and Max would use a scalpel to make an incision under the ribcage approximately where there would be easy access to the kidneys and could maneuver his small hand up to where the liver would have been located. Max would then use Body Replication Jutsu while touching the parts he needed to study, first replicating a kidney and then replicating the Jounin’s liver. Both would be immediately be put on ice and Max would apply the Mystical Palm Jutsu to patch up any damage done to the man. Once complete, he would preserve the replicated organs in one of his Corpse Storage Scrolls so that no damage would occur before he could study them. He would then pat Komori on the shoulder and tell him that the surgery was over.

“Please, I beg of you. Please promise me you'll come back in one piece, Komori. I don’t want to lose anyone else.” Max would say, trying not to cry again. The twins meant a lot to Max, and he would hope that their journey would bring them back home.
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:38 am
Little children had always been something Komori had been great with, his personality making them see him as a role model. But this was different. Max was not hurting from dropping ice cream, losing a game, or some other trivial problem. He was crumbling under the very idea that he could lose another friend. The boy had already lost lost so much more than a boy his age should have to deal with, especially the man he saw as a brother. Komori himself would not know what to do if he ever lost Komon. Max deserved better, but that was one of the reasons Komori was going to leave. He had to make sure of himself before he could be there for everyone.

The boy spoke aloud to himself, but Komori did not make a move to respond when unnecessary. Then the medical aspect kicked into high gear. True to his word, Komori stripped his shirt off and laid down on the table, resting his head on his crossed arms. He expected a smaller procedure, like more blood or a DNA sample or something, although it would leave him exhausted for his journey. “Well it’s never really felt that complex to me.” Komori was totally oblivious to the fact that Max had just stuck his hand inside his back. “It just happens with a thought. I have to stay hydrated more than most people, but I’d say the pros outweigh the cons.” He smiled to himself, trying not to move too much despite not knowing what was happening. “Lightning is a pain in the ass though. Even though I have a pretty good handle over the element, it still manages to cancel out my ability for a small period of time. I try not to tell people that for obvious reasons, but, it’s you.”

---

“Oh that quickly?” The jounin pushed himself up, swinging his legs over the table he had just been laying on. He pushed himself off, grabbing his shirt and vest once again, putting them on before departure. “I hope that can be of some help, at least.”

“Please, I beg of you. Please promise me you'll come back in one piece, Komori. I don’t want to lose anyone else.”

Komori turned towards the boy, smiling, “Nothing can stop me from coming back,” he would say, placing a hand on Max’s shoulder for a moment, closing his eyes slightly due to how he was grinning. “Who the hell do you think you’re talking to?” he said lightheartedly. Komori moved his hand from the shoulder of the boy to his head, patting it lightly like an older brother, turning and heading towards the door. Once he arrived at the frame, he would stop and turn his head, his profile being outlined by the sun.

“Later, buddy.”

With that, Komori would walk off towards the gates to meet up with Komon.

--Exit--
WC: 2084
Claims: 32500 ryo chilling with Max for the time being, DNA given up, 2084 words to Mugenha mastery (5944/6000)
Sakana Meijin
Sakana Meijin
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 20000

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 am
Approved
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:22 am
Max would keep a mental note of what Komori was saying about the bloodline. It reacted in a negative way when you introduce lightning chakra to it? Max would never have expected as much considering that the Jounin used lighting style attacks in his own arsenal without any issue. Perhaps there was a unique interaction when it was your own chakra forming the lightning.

Max would smile, hearing the confidence return to the voice of Komori. It was reassuring to the boy that everything was going to be okay, and that nothing could stop the man standing before him. The confidence would hopefully be enough to bring him home safely. The Hozuki would also put some of Max’s nerves at ease with the ruffling of his hair playfully.

When he was leaving, Max would reply with, “Until you return, my friend.” And try to focus on the positive of all of this, keeping his thoughts from wandering towards all of the terrible things that could happen. To keep his mind occupied, he would start to focus his attention back to his research. He would succeed no matter the costs…

---Exit---

WC: 189
TWC: 1721 (861 for Max and 860 for Napa)

Max's Claims:
8 AP
861 WC towards Damage Reduction Shield (861/4250)
Holding 32500 ryo
Hozuki DNA - Komori Hozuki's Kidney and Liver (duplicates of the originals)

Napa's Claims
4 Stats
860 WC towards Mystical Palm (3857/4000)
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 33973

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:04 am
approved my guy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum