HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Important Threads

Poll
How did you find this site?
Search engine
64%
 64% [ 272 ]
Word of mouth
17%
 17% [ 73 ]
Forum advert
3%
 3% [ 11 ]
Social media
2%
 2% [ 10 ]
Other
14%
 14% [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 428
V6 Staff List

Staffers:
Naoki Gekou
Akihana Akari
Sakana Meijin
Aryll Hyuuga
Risako Akara
Xyxer
Yazu
Bijuu and Kage

Original Bijuu

1-Tails: Takeo Tadashi
2-Tails: Reizo Shoyu
3-Tails: Sakana Meijin
4-Tails: N/A
5-Tails: Denkiteki Hayato
6-Tails: N/A
7-Tails: Altar Shinkou
8-Tails: Xyxer Gyojin
9-Tails: Maku Jemuzu

Clone Bijuu

1-Tails: Mitako Raicho
2-Tails: RIP
3-Tails: Youka Tau
4-Tails: RIP
5-Tails: Akihana Akari
6-Tails: Kaya Ametsuchi
7-Tails: RIP
8-Tails: Arashi Tekiatsu
9-Tails: RIP

Kage List

Hokage: Ayumi
Hogokage: Kyousuke Snow
Mizukage: Xyxer Gyojin
Raikage: Maku Jemuzu
Latest topics
» Into the woods and shrooms (nk p)
by Sanae Today at 5:14 pm

» Ice Clones
by Kotetsu Today at 4:56 pm

» Jutsu/Skills
by Sakaiza Hyuuga <3 Today at 4:31 pm

» Simple Sage Transformation - Jugo Bloodline
by Sakaiza Hyuuga <3 Today at 4:30 pm

» Hikari's Jounin Outfit
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Today at 4:09 pm

» Working on Reports (P, W/ Kenshin,Valen)
by Ayato Hyuuga <3 Today at 3:20 pm

» A Jounin in the training grounds (IO. NK)
by Sanae Today at 2:29 pm

» Water Camo
by Kyson <3 Today at 2:21 pm

» Training and Missions
by Sanae Today at 2:06 pm

» The Lunar Rose (P, IO)
by Sanae Today at 2:04 pm

Top posting users this week
Hikari Namikaze <3

Kyousuke Snow <3

Gary

Kotetsu

Ren

Xuba Xixisis <3

Sanae

Higuto Aburame

Kenshin Uzumaki <3

Sakaiza Hyuuga <3

Twitter

Cursor Enabler
Spoiler:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Propose V7 Stat Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ren
Academy Student
Academy Student

Fame : 53
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Lightning
Clan : Uzumaki
Bloodline : Fuinjutsu Mastery
Ryo : 3500
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:48 am

I could probably do a break down of what I think is wrong with this system but I honestly can't be bothered giving it a time, tak summarized it well saying this is going to scare off new and old players and I'm probably going to leave the site given the direction it's heading in. V6 has its problems but I honestly don't see a need for a complete system change. Regardless this new system just adds needless complexity and I see no demand for most of the changes such as the stat cap based on rank.

If anyone does decide to make a site that's V6 shoot me a message because I'll likely jump ship in a jiffy

Ren Tsubasa
Chunin
Kirigakure
Health: 40
Chakra: 100
Stamina: 100
Speed: 100
Strength: 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanae
Genin
Genin

Fame : 15
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Wind
Clan : Kaguya
Bloodline : Shikotsumyaku
Ryo : 18000
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 am

First what occured to me is the Ranking in Stamina:

75%: AP cannot be regained above this percentage. Critical hits on you create Deteriorating Condition.
50%: Character that hits this point becomes Breathless. They also become Breathless if they lose more than 10% of their total AP in a single post while below this threshold.
25%: Character is suffering from extreme exhaustion, their base Strength and Dexterity stats are halved.
10%: Character is approaching their limits. Casting jutsu or expending chakra is dangerous in this state. Any critical hit at this point knocks the character out, regardless if it has enough power.
5%: Character loses consciousness from exhaustion or damage, or both
0%: Character dies

Mhmmm I know a P&P System that works with stamina and life and at the end of stamina you don't simply die and neither should we. Sure just because I cannot move anymore anyone might be happy to come along and stabb my back, but usually if no one does that, I don't die and well no one should here.
I think it is really unpractical to make ones abilty to perform actions and the ammount of life that someone has 1 Stat because I can be unable to move befor my life runs out. Or with my dying breath I could unleash hell to the world... well not me I am nice and sweet, but well you know what I mean. (I hope) those two things should not be one.

Then I noticed something in the description of Stamina and strength. They are for the most parts, the same...
The durability or vitality of a charakter, sounds the same to me.
The pain, fatigue tolerance and physical resistance and constitution sound the same.

Stamina: Stamina represents character's vitality, pain and fatigue tolerance
Strenght: Strength represents your character's durability, physical resistances, constitution

Sure they are not word by word the same or so but they do kind of have the same purpous.
If I am vital enough to take a hit or if my physical resistance is high enough, who cares? Well the system mabye because you deem streangth as the implicator for damage taken. But the descripions seem confusing. Change that.

My suggestion for this:
Bring in a Heath status maybe as substat to stamina and strength if you wish so. But don't determin someones life on if he or she is able to do a kick or jutsu. because this would implicate that I use my life force everytime I do a Jutsu. (this might be by some stuff but regulary it is not)

Despite of that mhmmm I come from Pen & Paper, I have seen worse confusions about stats and stuff. I have been on sites to roleplay before with less substats and  just a hand full of stats. This felt easier, but it was less pinned down and in fights there was more of an rp part to it. They did not train to get their stats. They did missions to gain EXP to spend on their charakters like going shopping for stats.

This whole WC thing does stand in the way of fun. I expirienced it first hand while on a mission. I was about streching it a little to have a story behind it that was funny, but the one I was doing it with said: 2000 words so that means 1000 each and we are done. By an avarage post of 200 words this ment 5 Posts each and we were through, but well sure I can tell a story in 5 posts but it is rather short and uninteresting. As I spoke to him about it he said: Well if you want more words you need to do higher missions. This is what was the tip of the iceberg for me like: "What the actual hell?" Am I to do a S-Rank Mission with my Genin just so I have enough words to put a fun story in it? NO

I kow it won't happen, but I would love that changed somehow. Maybe just do the wordcounting stuff for trainings or so. Back when I started roleplaying in forums missions where handled like an adventure. One had all the little information about the adventure and all the others just basic stuff and the leader was guiding them through it all telling the story and when they were finished they got expirience. So Missions could be done more than once because another leader could take another approach on this and almost no one cut such a thing short (someone is always there who does not want to put in the efford).

♫♪ Charaktersheet ♪♫ ~ ♫♪ Application ♪♫ ~ ♫♪ Missionbook ♪♫
"If I were assured of your eventual destruction I would,
in the interests of the public, cheerfully accept my own."
[The Final Problem, Sir Athur C. Doyle]
Stats & Mission:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Akemi Hiyu
Genin
Genin

Fame : 18
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Wind
Clan : Hiyu Clan
Bloodline : Bodily Transformation
Ryo : 5800
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:23 am

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, please inform me if I've done anything wrong with this build attempt.

V7 D-Rank:

Gonna be a Tai-Dude

Current Stat Points: 70

Stamina: 20 +15 from item (350 AP)
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 20 +10 from item (30)
Chakra: 10 (Stunted Chakra Type)

Durability: 20
Attack Power: 25
Reaction Time: 30 +25 from item (55)
Movement Speed: 25 +25 from item (50)
Exhaustion Threshold: Dun' know what this meant.
Boost Pool: 40
Chakra Potency: 10
Chakra Control: 10
Chakra Capacity: 10

Please remember to down vote me! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yazu <3333
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 29
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Earth Water Lightnng Fire
Clan : Tau, Uchiha
Bloodline : EGF, 3TSharingan
Ryo : 750
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:32 pm

I really don't think the change is unnecessary, v6 may be solid in some ways and may have been fine but change can be good and right now I think change is called for, the site has become stale. Right now you have a lot of people speculating on things you have no information on. I'm sorry that you can't have access to everything all neatly rolled into one you can't do everything you have to excel at one thing. I'm sorry that it doesn't look like the same old boring "Max speed, max chakra proceed to rape" system. If you need to Game the system to have fun then you need to a different site anyway as your kind will not find the new system better. Also for those of you complaining about math. How is this gonna be any different from the annoying amount of math v6 has you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#superSkrull
Genin
Genin

Fame : 7
Home Village :
  • Mist
  • Star

Element(s) : Earth
Clan : Jashinist
Ryo : 0
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Ok now to post my original post was when I had first seen the thread and after thinking it over and talking with others the system is good though I still have some of the same issues in my first post but I still believe v6 system is good and would rather you guys take from the new and add into the old could prolly be done in 24 hrs for some one with the extra time on their hands

Now I see everyones big issue is with tai but the physical difference between a main tai user and mainly a chakra user makes perfect sense in the sense that tai users work on the physical more than anything else so don't get me wrong to many that seems extreme cause they are thinking about their own characters and not of the many different character there are the selfishness should stop 

A decent thing I see this system doing is forcing team efforts cause it gets rid of the jack of all trades aspect of v6 you cant solo as easily as you used to without an excessive amount of work but you actually have to work together to get to your goals now

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.
-Joker

"I'm not this dark, twisted being. Yes, i have my demons and this is my way of exorcising them. It gets them out-better out than in."
-Naomi Watts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#superSkrull
Genin
Genin

Fame : 7
Home Village :
  • Mist
  • Star

Clan : Jashinist
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 pm

And you all forgot about weaponary it's self so focused on getting punched in the face which hurts for those that don't know you got a blade swinging at you tai is one of the worst specs you can have in v6 if you can't utilize it right but hey stop thinking of just yourselves and rp like you're supposed to dont pass your final judgements until you can see how the whole system works together this is only a piece remember that and everything new always has it's issues but the health issue is a big one so I'll give that a one

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.
-Joker

"I'm not this dark, twisted being. Yes, i have my demons and this is my way of exorcising them. It gets them out-better out than in."
-Naomi Watts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yensung Aburame <3
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 30
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Water, earth
Clan Element : none
Bloodline : Aburame
Ryo : 2550
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 pm

so i'm gonna see the possibilities in the eternal depths of the stats suggested.

sample build  1 E ranked: 50/50

stamina:10
strength:10
chakra:15
dexterity:15

sub stats

action pool: 100
durability : 10
booster pool:25
movement speed:10

chakra stats

type: control

control: 10

jutsu ap cost reduction: -5

now note its rather easy to make. So by the solid looks of this generic character stats it is your typical no namer. now from what i am seeing many are used to being able to overwhelm at the get go. however i see the balancing factor where this is forcing a risk and causing a clear statistical weakness.

1. you try to balance everything. you only come out average at best.
2. if you wish to take a risky build such as 30 chakra at E rank. your down sets are blatantly obvious.

so lets visit the next rank shall we.

sample build 2 D ranked 70/70

stanima:15
strength:15
chakra:20
dexterity:20

sub stats

action pool:150
duribility: 15
booster pool:35
movement speed:17.5 (lets round up to 18 ok)

chakra stats

control: 20

jutsu ap cost reduction: -10

now from what i see the difference becomes apparent with the opening of D ranked. you are not restricted. some may be better.... some may have an extreme build. as i see it. the idea is now you must consider your hope for a build. however my suggestion is this

sample build 3. C ranked 100/100

stanima:25
strength:25
chakra:25
dexterity:25

sub stats

duribility: 25
booster pool:50
movement speed:25

chakra stats

control: 25

jutsu ap cost reduction: -14

so we finally hit 100 stats. (round of applauds) seeing as we hit a milestone. maybe a self pat on back.  but notably whatever build you wish for can be feasible maybe broken if you went extream, but its down sets are its downfalls. 

(im not doing another sample build. so ill pop these thought out suggestions. that will make you smile.)

1. in compensation for reducing the likely hood of high chakra builds. id say reduce the chakra requirements for the jutsu's overall. this is due to the fact your dream of S ranked genin by the looks of this is sort of makes it a dismal dream.

2. make it possible at lower ranks to be able to get to the higher stats. so like a genin can train up to B ranked. Chuninnn train up to A ranked. Jouninn can train up to S ranked.

3. IF suggestion 2 is made. make it so that a chuninn can only train a genin or lower up to B ranked stats. and jouninn/anbu can train others up to A ranked.  Kage/ village leaders can train others up to S ranked.

4.  make it so people specialize in a stat, and gain a buff  and a reduction in training other ninjas. like a stamina guy can train you in stamina based stuff, but has a passive buff for his pain threshold. or can get additional ap.

who said it was easy?

yensung aburame

insect stats:

yens stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Arugula
Genin
Genin

Fame : -18
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : wind
Clan Element : none
Bloodline : earth grudge fear, byakugan
Ryo : 10200
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:30 pm

TBH, I think that the stat rules should be simplified, my head hurts trying to understand them well. Also, i don't believe it is necessary for me to explain my qualms about the rank stat cap rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozai
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 27
Home Village :
  • Mist

Clan : Kaguya
Bloodline : Shikotsumyaku
25%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm

[Note: Didn't read the 7 pages of responses to the original post]

Dear mods:

Too long, didn't read.

Seriously, though, stop making kids harder to kill, and stop capping stats so hard. It's annoying, and it's an easy cop-out of a system where you could actually put in effort and create some good game design. 

Don't define exactly which numerals are substats, it leads to abuse. Don't make AP such a valuable stat, it also leads to abuse. You're creating a system where numbers > skill, and it's going to poison the site. All I have to do is build optimally according to the system outlined here and literally nobody except maybe Yen would be able to stand up to me mathematically (and even he would have issues as per the %AP system). 

Allow me to elaborate on why some parts of the system are problematic: %AP is dependent on proportion, not flat numbers. As such, builds that have even slightly less AP than your average build suddenly find themselves taking HUGE hits during combat relative to other people, which is imbalanced and, once again, favors a niche set of characters. Just because you don't like it that speed and chakra are the amazing godly stats that they are doesn't mean you have to make stamina the most relevant.

Backline offensive support builds are even stronger now (as if they weren't bad enough before) with the quantifying of debuffs such as "breathless". 

By attempting to toss off the "bad legacy" of V6, you're about to create an even worse nightmare for yourselves with this overcomplicated system. I'm imploring you to, as they say, "check yourself before you wreck yourself."

- Kozai <3

Stats

"You've been cruel, so don't blame me for being merciless."
[22:33:48] Kazuhiro Hayate : Ask Kozai
[12:21:08] Shadowfax <3 : Dont listen to kozai
[21:08:32] Akane Tokiyama : Kozai makes lit ass jutsu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akemi Hiyu
Genin
Genin

Fame : 18