HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Important Threads

Poll
How did you find this site?
Search engine
64%
 64% [ 272 ]
Word of mouth
17%
 17% [ 73 ]
Forum advert
3%
 3% [ 11 ]
Social media
2%
 2% [ 10 ]
Other
14%
 14% [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 428
V6 Staff List

Staffers:
Naoki Gekou
Akihana Akari
Sakana Meijin
Aryll Hyuuga
Risako Akara
Xyxer
Yazu
Bijuu and Kage

Original Bijuu

1-Tails: Takeo Tadashi
2-Tails: Reizo Shoyu
3-Tails: Sakana Meijin
4-Tails: N/A
5-Tails: Denkiteki Hayato
6-Tails: N/A
7-Tails: Altar Shinkou
8-Tails: Xyxer Gyojin
9-Tails: Maku Jemuzu

Clone Bijuu

1-Tails: Mitako Raicho
2-Tails: RIP
3-Tails: Youka Tau
4-Tails: RIP
5-Tails: Akihana Akari
6-Tails: Kaya Ametsuchi
7-Tails: RIP
8-Tails: Arashi Tekiatsu
9-Tails: RIP

Kage List

Hokage: Ayumi
Hogokage: Kyousuke Snow
Mizukage: Xyxer Gyojin
Raikage: Maku Jemuzu
Latest topics
» Into the woods and shrooms (nk p)
by Sanae Today at 5:14 pm

» Ice Clones
by Kotetsu Today at 4:56 pm

» Jutsu/Skills
by Sakaiza Hyuuga <3 Today at 4:31 pm

» Simple Sage Transformation - Jugo Bloodline
by Sakaiza Hyuuga <3 Today at 4:30 pm

» Hikari's Jounin Outfit
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Today at 4:09 pm

» Working on Reports (P, W/ Kenshin,Valen)
by Ayato Hyuuga <3 Today at 3:20 pm

» A Jounin in the training grounds (IO. NK)
by Sanae Today at 2:29 pm

» Water Camo
by Kyson <3 Today at 2:21 pm

» Training and Missions
by Sanae Today at 2:06 pm

» The Lunar Rose (P, IO)
by Sanae Today at 2:04 pm

Top posting users this week
Hikari Namikaze <3

Kyousuke Snow <3

Gary

Kotetsu

Ren

Xuba Xixisis <3

Sanae

Higuto Aburame

Kenshin Uzumaki <3

Sakaiza Hyuuga <3

Twitter

Cursor Enabler
Spoiler:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Propose V7 Stat Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mo-ri Jin
Missing-Nin D
Missing-Nin D

Fame : 2
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Lightning
Clan : Jashinism
Clan Element : -
Bloodline : Eh
Ryo : 2900
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Just going to keep this sweet since I have a blistering headache from work and other things. So in all this "new" stat system might just do more damage to the site than good. From an off glance its way complicated than the normal systems for stats we've had on the site and restricts more than allowing freedom to build your own character. To a new person this might drive them away from the site due to how complex, complicated and roundabout it is. If this is the new system then it takes more work to actually calculate what you are trying to do than the post itself. Simple has always been the best policy but when you add in all of this complicated business like its D & D then you are bound to scare off both old and new players alike, thus killing the site instead of fixing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yensung Aburame <3
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 30
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Water, earth
Clan Element : none
Bloodline : Aburame
Ryo : 2550
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 pm

So i reread this and read the posts. Well as kaz said it got me thinking.... So for your entertainment. Im gonna be your freindly horrible actor. Playing as generic person. 

See im looking at this like some 9 year old that somehow got on site. Mom dad say's its cool to do this. 

*composes and grabs juice box*

"Ooooo naruto cool! How do i join!?"

See's chat box

"Hey guy's! I am new! I wanna join this awsome site!"

Moderator: welcome! Glad you joined. Please look at the rules section. And any questions feel free to ask!  [Click this link]<3

"Thank you will do!"

Proceeds to read stats.

"Um ok... so this is alot of reading."

*cues cut*

So what we see here is generic newbie. Now some will love a complex system ( i defintley do)

But now looking at a noob that never played an table top (lets assume) or wants to try their hand at text based..... my forecast for this
......  Im sorry your not getting a crowd. 

Now you can argue that social rp is fine. But this is naruto. We will have the new people begging to fight. Some one gonna want to use rasengan!. Or chidori!, be the sasuke uchiha wannabe and say they made a good charecter.  

Then we send them a PDF of how stats work. By all means no harm at all. Right. Ill just plop it next to my star wars rpg, and my exualted pdf file. 

Not even getting into actual combat posts and the clash of personalities.  This is stats..... im this strong, this fast, can cast this spell, can last/endure this much....

Now For a guy who loves systems and various rping. I'll sit for a month and literally break the game to have some fun. For thoes as i see now, and that will come... idk how many would sit down, and find every single peice in the system worth utilizing... some will even flee at first sight...

Sooooooooo instead 

You can take away health stat. Put more or less some of this stuff in the current V6 stat page here. Add in some suggestions.  Then pop a "V7 stat rules" on the title. Looking at this. It's less then 10 minutes of work. You can do it before aki finishes baking muffins and cupcakes. Then eat some as you bask in glory.

Unless! *gasp*  there is more in the woodshop?????! Perhaps.... there is a hidden stat called "WILLPOWER!!!!!"

But all jokes aside. As one who has enjoyed many rping experiences.   You wish to make it new person freindly. Yet you add more fluff the blunt points. So that means TLDNR is a lethality for the idea. 

But! this can be hard copied into an rpg book and congrats you made a stat system for a table top, and it is hella good one too. (Movement speed = dex+str/2 +20)

who said it was easy?

yensung aburame

insect stats:

yens stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane Tokiyama
Missing-Nin D
Missing-Nin D

Fame : 1
Home Village :
  • Sand

Element(s) : Water
Ryo : 490
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 am

This stat system over-complicates things in my honest opinion, the one now is way better. This is just adding unnecessary math for everyone to do. People are also going to be losing stats so you're going to have to end up compensating everyone for the wasted WC one way or another. Also, the new ranking system you proposed looks like a blatant rip off of Shinobi Generation's ranking system which honestly disappoints me when other sites have been called out for ripping off the systems here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Risako Akara
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 150
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Fire, Wind, Earth
Clan : N/A
Clan Element : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Ryo : 17150
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:42 am

Speaking as a former member of staff, Yousei has had this ranking system thought out for a while now. (I wanna say since before he was banned.)

EDIT: "Blatant rip-off", just looked at their rules. The only similarity is that your characters rank and power rank are seperate. (Genin can be S-rank, Jounin D-rank, etc.) You're grasping at straws, have fun.

Risako's Stats

@ TheInvincibleLegend : Risako is probably the manliest Ninja in Konoha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yensung Aburame <3
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 30
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Water, earth
Clan Element : none
Bloodline : Aburame
Ryo : 2550
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:28 am

Like note im not being mean. But im looking at the picture in total. No person wants to see their hard work in WC being nroken by. 

"Im huffing after a fire ball because of low stanima build."

Or

"Im steadly losing ap because this guy is consistently punching."

As i see. A person can block a strike. Then go unconcious because they ran out of ap. So notebly thats questionable alone.

who said it was easy?

yensung aburame

insect stats:

yens stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane Tokiyama
Missing-Nin D
Missing-Nin D

Fame : 1
Home Village :
  • Sand

Element(s) : Water
Ryo : 490
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:37 am

The ranking system that Koba gave a preview of or whatever on page 2 of the comments makes it sound like it's going to work almost the exact same way it does on Shinobi Generations with. Also, if you actually read Shinobi Generations rules you'd know that being a D-Rank Jounin wouldn't be possible on the site. Anyways, the first comment on this topic relates this new ranking system Shinobi Generations as I just did so, excuse me for not knowing that Yousei has had this thought out for a while now. I can't exactly read minds lmfao.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice <3
Missing-Nin B
Missing-Nin B

Fame : 46
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Earth, Water
Clan : Nara
Bloodline : -
Ryo : 1100
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 am

Ok. So I absolutely LOVE the idea of dual ranks that allow an S rank genin to happen. If that is in fact what's happening, then I have no real complaints about the stat cap by SHINOBI RANK so long as it isn't difficult for people to increase their shinobi ranking. 

Secondly I agree that this exhaustion thing should NOT be based on ap but instead have its own pool. If it's based on ap you will have people dying left and right in their first or second posts. 

I like the attempt at making max speed no longer a staple. However, basing on the average of stamina and dexterity seems dumb. Instead maybe find a different way to base speed like just making it half of your dexterity or something. Ari's idea for it wasn't bad either. 

I like the chakra separation idea. 

Making us unable to train both stats and jutsu is dumb. The wc on this site is already ridiculously high and adding im that you can't train jutsu and stats simultaneously is just going to turn even more people off from the site. We want to gain and keep new members, not turn everyone away including veteran members which is what this will probably do. 

That's all for now. At work and glanced over what I could to type up a response
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 133
Home Village :
  • Cloud

Element(s) : Lightning, Wind, Water
Clan : None/Kobayashi
Clan Element : None
Bloodline : None
Ryo : 8700
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 am

Okay not ignoring you guys just have a bunch of pages of stuff to read and go through as well as spend some quality time with my wife. But I have seen something come up a couple times that needs immediate addressing:

We can't train jutsu and stat points at the same time!

This seems to be a very common comment, I want you all to know that word count training is changing slightly in thst ALL words will count. Even cd threads. So if you do a cd thread you can put those words to training stats or jutsu and at the same time you can do actual training threads where you train a jutsu or stats on your own. This is to encourage more people to do cd threads instead of training all the time.

Stats:

Stats Page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Risako Akara
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 150
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Fire, Wind, Earth
Clan : N/A
Clan Element : N/A
Ryo : 17150
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 am

I'm going to refer back to my previous post. All Koba said on page two is that your rank and power rank are separate, and that there will be a new rank up system, without giving anymore details. OOF BUT I GUESS THAT'S A BLATANT RIP OFF, JUST LIKE EVERY FIRST PERSON SHOOTER EXCEPT THE FIRST ONE.

Risako's Stats

@ TheInvincibleLegend : Risako is probably the manliest Ninja in Konoha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenma Ketsueki
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 0
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Water,Wind
Clan : Yuki
Clan Element : Ice
Ryo : 4350
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:11 am

So i see a majority of the site that are rather constantly around voice against this and the mods defend it? doesnt seem very mod like to me, personally. I always thought of the mods as people who were supposed to help give the people what they are wanting, and a good majority has spoken out against this, so i figured the mod thing to do would be to then next, ask for suggestions on what people want to see specifically. But maybe that is just me.

Also another thing on that Movement speed thing, Everyone jumped to Tai, if they think Tai would be OP with those rules, they forgot about Buki.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   

Back to top Go down

Propose V7 Stat Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto RPG :: Rules and News :: Suggestions-
Jump to: