HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Important Threads

Poll
How did you find this site?
Search engine
62%
 62% [ 250 ]
Word of mouth
18%
 18% [ 71 ]
Forum advert
3%
 3% [ 11 ]
Social media
2%
 2% [ 10 ]
Other
15%
 15% [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 401
V6 Staff List

Staffers:
Naoki Gekou
Akihana Akari
Sakana Meijin
Aryll Hyuuga
Risako Akara
Yazu
Bijuu and Kage

Original Bijuu

1-Tails: Takeo Tadashi
2-Tails: Reizo Shoyu
3-Tails: Sakana Meijin
4-Tails: N/A
5-Tails: Denkiteki Hayato
6-Tails: N/A
7-Tails: Altar Shinkou
8-Tails: Xyxer Gyojin
9-Tails: Maku Jemuzu

Clone Bijuu

1-Tails: Mitako Raicho
2-Tails: RIP
3-Tails: Youka Tau
4-Tails: RIP
5-Tails: Akihana Akari
6-Tails: Kaya Ametsuchi
7-Tails: RIP
8-Tails: Arashi Tekiatsu
9-Tails: RIP

Kage List

Hokage: Ayumi
Hogokage: Akihana Akari
Mizukage: Xyxer Gyojin
Raikage: Maku Jemuzu
Latest topics
» A night at the inn
by Shiroi Shinzo Today at 12:46 am

» Akemi's Stats
by Akemi Hiyu <3 Today at 12:29 am

» The Calm (Mors, Fenrir, Jinzu, Jason, Kisuke)
by #superSkrull Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Ayyy
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Yesterday at 10:28 pm

» talkisu
by Sakana Meijin Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» The Start of A Legend (Kibbles, IO)
by Sakana Meijin Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Xeno Hyuuga
by Xenotale11 Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Drown the Vanishing Thunder God (Xy, Rits, Kots)
by Kaguya Kotsuzui Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Touch Explosive
by Akemi Hiyu <3 Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» The Beauty, the Beast and the War-drobe
by Kozai Yesterday at 5:28 pm

Top posting users this week
Hikari Namikaze <3

Mu-jin Park

Sakana Meijin

Tamaki

Akemi Hiyu <3

Kozai

Valen Akari

Ren

Kyousuke Snow <3

Orokana <3 <3

Twitter

Cursor Enabler
Spoiler:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Propose V7 Stat Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyson <3
STORM
STORM

Fame : 34
Home Village :
  • Cloud

Element(s) : Water, Wind, Earth
Clan : Hozuki
Bloodline : Hydrification
Ryo : 38473
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:52 pm

I feel like, if you guys really really really want to do with the stat caps for rank. It should be...

Even with the new stat cap. Genin can only train up to 175 stats. Chunnin can only train up to 225. And anything jounin and above can train up to 250

So it's not like, chunnin completely get rekt against higher ranks. They only have a slight stat advantage. But that's if this stats by rank thing is going to happen. Cause 50 stat difference per rank is kinda crazy. But I do agree a genin should have a really tough time against a jounin.

Stats

Health: 40 (+25)
Chakra: 100
Stamina: 50
Speed: 100
Strength: 35

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ari
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 17
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Raiton
Clan : Hiyu
Bloodline : Tai no Hengen
Ryo : 3340
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Jounin have access to things Genin don't already though without nerfing their stat caps.

Click to show Ari's Current Appearance:

Current/Transformed Height: 4'7
Real Height: 5'11 feet
Weight: 67 kilograms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yensung Aburame <3
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 30
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Water, earth
Clan Element : none
Bloodline : Aburame
Ryo : 2550
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:54 pm

ok.

so first off i enjoy the toned down look of stats. now to get in the dirt.

1. don't belive in crit hits in a fourm based rpg. this alone is an eye sore for an online rpg. reminds me of a table top rp. which this is not.  heck may as well make a dice roll to determine it. so no go.

2. the boost pool: i like this alot. gj

3. grazing hits: another table top thing. read critical hits. plus with blocking this will basically mean that if your smart you can resist alot.

4. for double damage the threshold is too low. give a person a chance. like with a punch it should be at least 20-10 above the stanima or such. swords and weapons: 5 and jutsu the user must be equal to the power to avoid double damage. 

5. enable no damage being a thing. like 25 points in difference.  so if your gonna strike with yens infamous 3 strength he will not gen you and then kick you in the balls till you die.

6.  movement speed: I for one like this. but say certain specs grant you a buff. like tai. they should move faster, because all they do is fight hand to hand. As their punch versus some guy weaving 5 handsigns should be a big concern. 

now i see others opinions so ill say this

perhaps make it that certain specs get an initial passive movement speed buff.  mods can determine this. also make it so that weight of armor, and weapons, including weapons, and armors affect movement speed stacking in effect. this will rather balance the stat.  add once a person runs full speed they effectively start losing ap

7. lethal hits: most jutsu that are elemental should be lethal per say. weapons lethal (even blunt weapons) but make it a call system where the person must declare a lethal hit and it be pending mod rule.

who said it was easy?

yensung aburame

insect stats:

yens stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yazu <3333
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 27
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Earth Water Lightnng Fire
Clan : Tau, Uchiha
Bloodline : EGF, 3TSharingan
Ryo : 750
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Looks good, but chakra needs more detail as to how those substats relate to having points in the chakra stat.  ATM its extremely vague.  If rank is attainable without getting actual ninja rank boosted, then i dont see an issue but limiting a players stats and making it too difficult to surpass that is going to lead to power hoarding of the highest degree as its way too easy for an A rank to have a clear advantage on a C rank, and will make the enjoyment of the climb go away.

"You're only a B rank what can you do?"

the bullying will be a real problem as it already seems to take away from skilled roleplaying and give an edge to build pathing (which is a serious issue V6 already has but survives on with "lucky hits") 

Also id like to see an example of a tech page for a melee character and a chakra build to determine whether melee builds are even still viable anymore.

Yazu of the Mist
Blood on My Hands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ari
Chuunin
Chuunin

Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Raiton
Clan : Hiyu
Bloodline : Tai no Hengen
Ryo : 3340
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:57 pm

"4. for double damage the threshold is too low. give a person a chance. like with a punch it should be at least 20-10 above the stanima or such. swords and weapons: 5 and jutsu the user must be equal to the power to avoid double damage. "

Please don't create another system where Taijutsu has to deal 20 more points in damage than any other speciality to deal damage. This would simply ruin them in the exact same way it's ruined now.

Click to show Ari's Current Appearance:

Current/Transformed Height: 4'7
Real Height: 5'11 feet
Weight: 67 kilograms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takeo
Lord
Lord

Fame : 273
Home Village :
  • Volcano

Element(s) : Face
Clan : Tadashi Club
Bloodline : Champion
Ryo : 25100
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Why does this seem even more complex than V6 was?

Like we want new members to actually join and stick around with the site.

None of this shit is even necessary is it?

Why are these things being changed, other than you wanting to get rid of anything to do with the previous staff team?

Staff seem to be forgetting that this is a roleplaying forum, not an actual JRPG.

Last edited by Takeo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akemi Hiyu <3
Genin
Genin

Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Wind
Clan : Hiyu Clan
Bloodline : Bodily Transformation
Ryo : 5800
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Generally, a chuunin has to be better at combat RP than most genin to achieve their rank. That automatically makes most chuunin better than genin, so the higher ranks are just naturally better than lower ranks. Now, make it so that the higher-ranks are both better at RP, and have higher stats than the lower ranks. And I think there's a bit of a problem.

Also, +1 Tak

Please remember to down vote me! <3
Me&Xy IRL:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
@
Seven Swordsmen
Seven Swordsmen

Fame : 228
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Heel
Clan : Tadashi Club
Clan Element : Being Too Sweet
Bloodline : Conqueror
Ryo : 212700
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Although I appreciate Yousei's attempt to level the playing field for us S-Ranks by making everyone else handicapped, it's not needed. You're just making it so I can't attack anyone below S-Rank without it being straight up bullying
Spoiler:

I personally prefer the current stat system, the new one simply over-complicates things and will likely drive off the more casul type of roleplayer, leaving us with the filthy Khais and wretched Youseis. I'm assuming the ranks of jutsu we can use will be based off of our rank rather than our chakra?

+1 everyone

"If I am not the shepherd, then I am the wolf."
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin
Chuunin

Fame : 38
Home Village :
  • Cloud

Element(s) : Water
Clan : Meijin
Clan Element : Water
Bloodline : The Meijin "Disease"
Ryo : 13000
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm

First of all, thank you to the mod team for displaying this to us before just blindly implementing it. I speak for most when I say we appreciate it. As everyone may know by now I’m going to look over the good and the bad and give my opinions on both.

Now let’s get into it!

“Stats are trained over time, up to a maximum of 250 total stats.”
New stat cap seems to be fair due to the loss of health spec.

“Training stats requires 200 words of training each. This does not stack alongside other forms of training and must be done independently, in other words you have to choose if you want to train stats or something else.”
So I think many people on the site feel that wc on techs is too high in general and that’s already when you can train stats or AP alongside them. Now you’re making them separate. I can kind of see this if stats can be trained with CD techs but if not then there’s no way anyone wants to write 200 words on training their body for one stat point.

“Natural stats have a cap based on your rank, and cannot exceed this cap. Characters begin with half their natural cap of stats to divide among their stat fields as they see fit. Caps are displayed below: 
E rank: 50
D rank: 70
C rank: 100
B rank: 150
A rank: 200
S rank: 250

Ok for this, I share the opinion of everyone else in seeing this is unnecessary. First of all, it will heavily nerf every single person on site who isn’t S rank. Someone who has played a character for two years, is a jounin, and has max stats suddenly has a massive power loss? And it’s even worse for the genin and chuunin with max stats.  It also turns this sight into a heavy number game where skill is less important. Pretty much the complete opposite of what it is currently.

“From your stamina, we determine your Action Points, or AP, which in turn represents both a resource for casting techniques as well as how much damage your character can withstand before biting the dust.”
Personally I really like this, I’ve wanted stamina to be a health bar for a while now and feel this is a good way to do it.

“For each point you invest in stamina, you will receive 10 AP. This contributes to your maximum AP pool, which always starts at full at the start of every topic (Unless you entered from another topic.) You regain AP at a rate of 10 per post when not using techniques, and 20 per post when not attacking at all. Finally, 30 per post may be regained if a character takes no action”
Love this, regenerating more AP is always cool.

“The following numbers show how tiring from exhaustion or damage affects character's performance at certain levels of remaining AP.

Exhaustion thresholds:
75%: AP cannot be regained above this percentage. Critical hits on you create Deteriorating Condition.
50%: Character that hits this point becomes Breathless. They also become Breathless if they lose more than 10% of their total AP in a single post while below this threshold.
25%: Character is suffering from extreme exhaustion, their base Strength and Dexterity stats are halved.
10%: Character is approaching their limits. Casting jutsu or expending chakra is dangerous in this state. Any critical hit at this point knocks the character out, regardless if it has enough power.
5%: Character loses consciousness from exhaustion or damage, or both
0%: Character dies”

Ok so, I think this is great on the higher ranks,  jounin and above but it absolutely destroys the lower ranks due to their already lowered stats.

“Deteriorating Condition: This describes a negative condition of your body (usually) that only gets worse with time if not treated. In combat this is usually a bleeding wound or internal bleeding, broken bones caused by an enemy attack. While you have such condition, any AP you would regain from resting is halved and you also lose 10 AP each post.”
This seems like it’s a bit much. You now already need a high stamina stat to be able to cast and take hit, with this it pretty much guarantees all fights will last less than 5 posts at the maximum. There is no way people can contain this much AP to last with the current system. Unless I read it wrong which very well may be the case.  

” Breathless: To lose this condition they need to rest so that they would (if they weren't Breathless) recover 20 AP, so in other words spend two posts without casting jutsu or one post without attacking at all. This resting does not need to be done consecutively. If your exhaustion threshold was lowered because of suffocation, you recover it by 1 level each post you are not Breathless.”
Once again this seems like it’s a bit much. All in all with this AP system it seems like you need your stamina at 100 to not die within the first 5 posts. This also insures that getting hit once for a genin will ends the battle, either by health bar, or deteriorating.

“ Strength: Bob has 50 strength and is hit with a 50 power fireball. Because fireball's power does not exceed his strength, he loses 50 AP from the attack. But if he is hit with a 75 power boulder, he would lose 100 AP, because 75 exceeds 50 by 25 points, which are doubled for the final result.”
I think this concept could work if not for the already super harsh stamina losses. But all in all it seems fair.

“Dexterity: Critical hits, grazing hits, blocking, and lethal hits.”
 I feel all these are fair in what they do, but it also super overcomplicates the system to a point where you need a month to just try and remember all this.

“Chakra: Chakra potency, chakra control, chakra capacity, stunted chakra.”
See what I said for Dexterity, same thing applies here.

“Attack power - is substat of both Strength and Dexterity and is normally equal to their average. Is used for all default attacks”
This seems super made for tai users and basically makes the fight unfair for everyone else.

“Movement speed - substat of both Strength and Dexterity and is equal to their average. This covers all movement speed - from running, dodging to attacking.”
Hmmm this is the biggest thing I see other than the stat cap. This is literally made to make Tai stat and wep god stats. Every other spec that can’t afford points into strength because they need chakra is screwed. I feel like a fair way to do that is if you have Tai or Wep this applies to you, but if have any other spec than your movement speed should be Dexterity and Chakra. That seems like a way to even out the system.

Wow that was a lot and I didn’t even include everything. While I like many of the changes I feel like this will take months to fully understand. Basically my main pet peeves are the stat cap, all the ap draining systems, and how Tai and Wep have become god specs and the rest have a complete disadvantage. To anyone reading this, I probably messed up how I interpreted something, and I apologize for that. This is my first read through and I’m sure I didn’t understand everything. All in all I see that the mod team has put a lot of work into this, but not all of us want to have a calculator out when we fight, or want to have to consult the rules just to see if our character can breathe by these standards. I know complicated systems like this can drive people away. This system is great for something like DnD where everything is meant to have different abilities, strengths and weaknesses, but I feel like most of us like the more less complicated, easy to read type of rules. Sorry if any of that came off as mean, I’m just trying to give my input on everything.

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Health: 30 (+ 15)

Chakra: 100

Stamina: 50 (+ 49 AP)

Speed: 100 (+25)

Strength: 45
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nausicaa Nazar
Missing-Nin C
Missing-Nin C

Fame : 14
Home Village :
  • Volcano

Element(s) : Fire, Earth
Clan : Nazar
Clan Element : Steel
Bloodline : Arahant
Ryo : 500
100%

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:26 pm

+1 Sakana

This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die.
Someone has to do it... So why not me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://radiantsoulsrpg.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Propose V7 Stat Rules   

Back to top Go down

Propose V7 Stat Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto RPG :: Rules and News :: Suggestions-
Jump to: