HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Important Threads

Poll
How did you find this site?
Search engine
65%
 65% [ 338 ]
Word of mouth
17%
 17% [ 87 ]
Forum advert
2%
 2% [ 12 ]
Social media
2%
 2% [ 10 ]
Other
15%
 15% [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 524
Staff List
Owner: Akihana Akari

Moderators:
Risako Akara
Sakana Meijin
Yurei Uchiha

Trial Moderators:
Hikari Namikaze
Kozachi Uchiha
Komori Hozuki
Hikari Hyuuga
Kenshin Uzumaki
Hayate Seiteki
Takeo Tadashi
Nero Yuki

Bijuu and Kage

Original Bijuu

1-Tails: Takeo Tadashi
2-Tails: Reizo Shoyu
3-Tails: Sakana Meijin
4-Tails: ---
5-Tails: Valen Akari
6-Tails: Nobunaga Hiyu
7-Tails: Altar Shinkou
8-Tails: Xyxer Gyojin
9-Tails: Maku Jemuzu

Clone Bijuu

1-Tails: Mitako Raicho
2-Tails: Not Obtainable
3-Tails: Youka Tau
4-Tails: Not Obtainable
5-Tails: Not Obtainable
6-Tails: Kaya Ametsuchi
7-Tails: Not Obtainable
8-Tails: Arashi Tekiatsu
9-Tails: Not Obtainable

Kage List

Hokage: Risako Akara
Hogokage: Valen Akari
Mizukage: Xyxer Gyojin
Raikage: Kōmori Hozuki
Latest topics
» Natsume Koutaishi
by Natsume Today at 8:52 am

» Some Testin'
by Natsume Today at 12:56 am

» Kaguya Love for Battle
by Cole Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» Roy's return?
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Hey guys
by Hikari Hyuuga <3 Yesterday at 10:43 pm

» Daku "D" Uchiha
by Yurei Yesterday at 9:46 pm

» Natsume Koutaishi
by Yurei Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» The Kage Summit [Observation Thread]
by Nobunaga Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» I HATE OPENERS [Conor]
by Ikigai Hoshigaki Yesterday at 7:01 pm

» The Kage Summit
by Valen Akari Yesterday at 2:58 pm

Top posting users this week
Ryūka

Zyxis

Hoshi Kyoken

Nero Yuki

Hikari Namikaze <3

Shinoskay

Daku Uchiha

Nobunaga

Hato Sano

Takeo

Twitter

Cursor Enabler
Spoiler:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

A new Friend in Kumo? (P)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin of Kumo
Chuunin of Kumo

Fame : 126
Home Village :
  • Cloud

Element(s) : Water
Clan : Meijin
Clan Element : Water
Bloodline : The Meijin "Disease"
Ryo : 20000
100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 am

Sakana was laying on the ground looking at the sky. The water felt great on his back as he was using his chakra to stay on top of it. He occasionally let his feet dip just to feel the cool water. The sky was super clear but if Saya was successful it would not stay that way for long.

As he was laying down he heard the girl say she was going to start. Sakana heard her moving, he assumed she was making the tiger sign. The Meijin started to smile as he saw the beginnings of mist fill the sky and the light feeling of moisture on his body. There really was no better feeling in the world for him. The purpled hair girl would ask Sakana a question about how much cakra she needed to put into it.   “You are doing great Saya, keep it up, and yes to control the density pump more chakra into it, to clear the density, release your chakra.”

The mist was still getting thicker, and thicker. Sakana was pretty proud of her. He had met her only about an hour ago yet here they both still were, training together. She was picking up the technique rather fast. At this rate should would have a full grasp on it in no time.

Saya had asked another question to Sakana. She wanted to know whether this would cost her chakra to keep up. “ Yes this will drain your chakra over time, since it is only a D rank jutsu it was designed to not waste a lot though, so basically do not just do it to show off in a fight, only use it if it if you feel it is necessary to winning the battle. He looked over to Saya when he felt her eyes on him. The gennin boy just smiled at her and turned his head back.

If Saya would start working on the technique again, time would pass and, Sakana’s mind would start to wonder as she practiced. If they were going to be training together at the lake, he felt as if they should get to know each other. So he asked the girl, “What is your goal in life Saya? Are you someone with a plan? Do you want to become a gennin squad leader one day, or maybe an anbu? Or do you not know yet?  I think I have figured out what I was to do. I, Sakana Meijin, want to travel the world, become an explorer for the Hidden cloud. I want to go around to see the whole world, not just the part that Kumo owns but all of it. I would buy a boat, either have a crew or fly solo. Either way, that is my dream.” It was a big question he was asking her. Probably not something you ask on a first meeting with someone but Sakana was never about the formalities, he asked what was on his mind if he felt that there would be no repercussions.

Sakana would await to see if Saya had her own dreams for her life or if she was still figuring things out. Neither was a bad thing, she has plenty of time to think, so did Sakana if he was being honest. He could never go out unless he was a jounin at the least.

WC: 3387

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Health: 30 (+ 20)

Chakra: 100

Stamina: 45 (+ 175 AP)

Speed: 100 (+25)

Strength: 50
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya Kirihara <3
Genin of Kumo
Genin of Kumo

Fame : 34
Home Village :
  • Cloud

Ryo : 0
100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:34 am

Quote :
Jutsu: Hidden Mist Technique
Requirement: 1000 Words // 500 Words w/ a Teacher

Sakana was clear and concise with his answers, and for that she was grateful. Having another genin, one who was experienced and knowledgeable with the technique, teach her was an entirely different experience compared to her time in the academy. While Saya had great relationships with all of her teachers, they seemed to have dulled in their methods of teaching. It wasn’t their fault, she didn’t think, but at times their lessons were more than boring and too wordy.

Whenever she herself had asked a question on a small thing, they would go on a whole spiel of this and that, and how it was affected. Saya had only wanted a simple explanation for one part she couldn’t grasp or understood fully. Perhaps her teachers had been too used to having to explain things to the students who were slacking in their studies. On and on until it became the norm for them. Of course, those who were on top of their game… When they asked for some clarification, the teachers were too eager to respond, giving them more information than needed.

Saya wasn’t sure if Sakana caught her movement, but she nodded in understanding. She thought better of it, however, and decided to reply verbally just in case. ”Got it. Thanks.” Then she returned her focus to the task at hand. Controlling her chakra was definitely a lot easier due to her learning a bit of medical jutsus back in her academy days. More so since her mother forced her to do a ton of chakra exercises. It had been a grueling process, but the end results were worth it.

The soft blues of her chakra came out in a steady stream, like those creeks coming down from the mountain. Noticing that her mist remained the same translucent thickness, the genin gently opened her chakra points to allow more of her energy to fuse into the jutsu. And just like the pale teenager said, its density was slowly but surely becoming heavy. The dewy mist became somewhat reminiscent of Sakana’s impenetrable fog. Saya wasn’t able to achieve the complete “black out” that she had experienced, seeing as she could still make out Sakana’s form not too far from herself but she was proud of her progress.

Quickly dispelling the jutsu, Saya noticed that the sun had inched its way to middle of the skies. It was at this time that her companion spoke up, initiating a conversation about her future. Feeling the light strain of having used her chakra for an extended amount of time, Saya took a couple of steps back to the edge of the lake and let herself plop on the grass.

”I honestly don’t know,” she said, stretching her arms out in front of her. ”I do have goals, but they’re not positions or things to obtain.” Saya recalled the times when other children would share their dreams. Some wanted to be a teacher at the academy, others simple jounin, and then there were the few who aspired to be greater. When it came to the dark haired genin, however, she couldn’t - or rather - didn’t know how to answer.

The only thing she knew was that she wanted power - the strength to survive long enough to make sure that her mother would be safe and alive. Genin. Chunin. Jounin. They were only rankings and positions. Labels to help the village hand out the missions to the appropriate ninja. Theoretically, she could remain a genin for the entirety of her life but have the capabilities of a jounin.

Sakana, on the other hand, seemed to have a general idea on what he wanted to do. A wanderer for Kumo. Information gatherer, probably. ”That sounds nice.” And it did. However, it wasn’t something she thought would fit the Meijin. ”I don’t think you could do it though.” As usual Saya was blunt. ”Maybe with a crew like you said, but not solo.”

Again, he didn’t strike her as someone who liked to be by himself. Not with the way he talked about his teammates; Sakana seemed to be quite fond of them. He called them friends, after all. Then again, people changed over time. Saya knew she would too. Perhaps she would find a dream or goal that benefited herself instead of someone else. In the meantime, however… Saya took out a scroll from her pouch and slid it open.

WORD COUNT: 739
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 739 + 3415 = 4154

S T A T S
Health: 41
Chakra: 65
Stamina: 25
Speed: 100
Strength: 10
APPLICATION - DATA

"I love the way she survived. Survival looked good on her.
She did it gracefully. She'd walk over glass & through fire."

- J. Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin of Kumo
Chuunin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 am

The Meijin’s unobstructed view of the sky finally began to change, Saya had been making a lot of progress with the hidden mist jutsu. The perfectly clear sky’s of a little bit ago, now became harder to see, the fog was becoming thicker and thicker. This new fog in the air was very close to the level of control that Sakana had achieved over the jutsu.

When Sakana began to speak to the girl she quickly dispelled her jutsu, clearing up the sky’s once again. Although the mist was not up for a long period of time, the disconnect from light made the sun seem that much brighter. The sun started to beat down on Sakana’s skin, not that it had much effect on him but none the less it felt nice.

After he had spoken he started to feel the water ripple under him. Turning his head he would see Saya walking off the water in order to sit on the grass. Now that training was over for the moment the boy felt that he should probably get off his back and face her. Sitting up he shifted his chakra to under him as he crossed his legs sitting like a small child at the academy. Upon asking the girl what she wanted to do with her life he was expecting an elaborate answer, something as thought out as his response, he had to remind himself that no everyone planned their life out many years into the future like he did. She did have time to think about things, and she said she did have some goals in mind. Now Sakana was curious, what goals did she have that were not a position in the village or an ultimate mission or something of that nature to look forward too.   “What kind of goals are they then?” He would ask because now he really waned to know the answer.

The Kirihara girl went on to try and crush Sakana’s goals, telling him that she did not think he could be an explorer. The only glimmer of acceptance to the idea came when she said that maybe his dream would be possible with a crew. He was kind of disappointed when she did not share the same excitement to the idea as he did. His voice dropped from his normal tone just a little as he expressed some sadness. The change in his voice was not enough that it would be noticeable to anyone that did not know him though.  

“Ya know, I thought of trying to plan this with a crew and in my head it never works out well, just the thought of having to be stuck on a boat with people I might not like is sickening in itself. At least there would be no disagreements to the way the operations would be run if I was running solo. If I was to go out with a crew, it would need to be with shinobi that I knew would have my back, people who I could trust with my life.” Wow, his joyfulness that he previously had shown went serious as he was telling her that. He knew she probably meant nothing by the initial comment, but it hurt to hear someone he was beginning to trust not share his ideals.

Not to totally kill the dynamic they had going Sakana, began to think about what she said. As much as he hated to admit it, she was probably right, it would be super dangerous. It would be important that he had someone watching his back. Thoughts rolled in his head about who he could take with him, civilians were a defendant no, as were gennin, team purple was out because they all had their own goals, the only other shinobi he knew was the girl sitting in front of him. Could she go on his explorations with him? Would she even want to? Even though these plans could not happened till far far into the future he wanted to plant the idea in her head. Feeling his enthusiast attitude return to him, he would say,   “You might be right though, a team would probably work out better. Who knows, if you are ready and willing when the time comes, you could come with me. That is if it would not interfere with your goals and such like that.” There, he had asked her to think about it without actually asking her to come with him. That way no matter what, she would not feel inclined to answer falsely.  

While he was saying all of this, the purple haired girl reached into her pouch, she had a scroll inside. Sakana could only wonder what was on the paper. “ What’s on the scroll, is it battle plans, are you plotting to kill someone? Killing people is wrong Saya.” He would ask her accusingly, one hundred percent in jest.

WC: 4215

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya Kirihara <3
Genin of Kumo
Genin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm

There was a strange inflection that the girl couldn’t quite identify in Sakana’s tone as he spoke to her. She looked up from the writing on the scroll just as he jokingly reprimanded her on the subject of killing people. Saya’s head tilted slightly to the side, confusion etched on her features. Why was he telling her it was a bad thing? They were shinobi. It’s as natural as breathing in their line of work. Of course, Saya had yet to make her first kill - to bloody her hands with the life of another.

It took her a silly moment to digest the little quip.

”Oh!” A light tinge of red colored her cheeks. This was not the first time that Saya had almost completely missed the humor thrown at her face. Perhaps avoiding the interactions with her peers did have some negative side-effects on her persona. While the young girl knew what the term “comedy” was, her way of thinking was just slightly off compared to others. With her mind always focusing on learning different jutsus and advancing herself in terms of a sound body and mind, her social skills took a dive. She let out a staggering laugh, ”No, it’s not. Those are left at home. It’s a jutsu scroll from my mom’s library - the water whip.”

Saya rolled it back up and tossed it lightly over to the now upright genin. Hopefully, the boy would catch it. She did not doubt that Sakana wouldn’t be able to, but there were times when things simply didn’t go as expected. And it would be her fault for having thrown the scroll without warning. While the object was in the air, the dark haired girl thought it best to reply to his earlier comments about his plans for the future.

”I think you misunderstood me,” she began, recalling the odd change in demeanor. It was a very faint shift, however, that it might have been her imagination. Saya barely knew him after all, seeing as this was their first meeting and subsequently their first conversation. It wouldn’t be unusual if they both had a slight miscommunication. ”You could go solo, but you wouldn’t be happy.” It wasn’t that she had a lack of confidence in his combative skills. He was, as he had mentioned earlier, almost chunin.

Her short answers probably weren’t helping, and it was at this point she was beginning to realize her shortcomings. ”What I meant was… You like your teammates.” It was as if that sentence should have explained her entire thought process. That she pictured him with his team and no one else. Not that Sakana could go ahead and do his own things, but he had sort of talked a lot about them earlier that him meandering around the world with different people or team caught her off guard.

Or perhaps she was projecting her own principles unto him. If he had teammates that he liked, why would he go off and leave them? Her slight jealousy of him having such people to depend seemed to have clouded her mind. This, unfortunately, made her forget that he had asked about her goals and his subtle offer at joining his crew if the future permitted it. In a firm tone and nod, she said to him, ”You should stay with them.”

It didn’t occur to her that Sakana and his teammates’ might have different objectives in life. That she was or had been probably unintentionally and indirectly insulting him. Saya’s only line of thought was that he wouldn’t have to worry about looking for new people to watch his back; he already had them.

WORD COUNT: 616
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 616 + 4154 = 4770

S T A T S
APPLICATION - DATA

- J. Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin of Kumo
Chuunin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

It had taken Saya a few moments to understand the joke he had just said. She instead explained that the scroll in her hands was the water whip scroll. Sakana had heard of the technique but not learned it, he knew it was a C rank water style jutsu that allowed a person to restrict ones movements using water.

The Meijin was always interested in learning more water style techniques so he wondered if he and Saya could learn it today. Right as he was about to speak, the purpled hair girl threw the scroll towards him, even thought it was expected, Sakana caught it out of the air, opening the scroll it confirmed what he had already known about it,  plus it informed him that there were three hand signs and they were Rat, Dog and Ox.

As he was reading the scroll Saya began to explain to him that he had misunderstood and he could go out and be an explorer as a solo ninja but he would not be happy. Sakana was not sure how he felt about that. On one hand he thought of the same defense he had stated earlier that he needed to be with people he trusted, and most importantly people who would not slow him down or get in the way of the exploration. But on the other hand he did hate being alone for lengthy about of times, it was definitely a conflict he would have to think about it but that was for a later time.

The girl continued to try and explain her reasoning by saying that Sakana had already had a team, and he should stick with them. He wanted to stay with the team as long as possible but he felt that their paths were going to go down very very different roads in the near future, they are already deviating from being a team. Komon had fought a battle without him and lost, Komori had decided to not even come with them and Hitori had not really been interested in hanging out with them at all. The Meijin did really like them, Komon had been a pretty good friend so far, he had saved his life that one time he had fallen off the ink bird. And Komori was one of the first ninja he had met as a gennin. Komori was also a greatly skilled water style user that could teach him many techniques, but he did not think anyone on the team had the same goals. As far as he knew Komon was extremely loyal to the Kumo empire and would probably be the type to be a defender of the village for the rest of his life, Komori might be the type to go out but he felt that his love for his brother would weigh down any decisions that would make them leave each other. Sakana would focus back to the present time as he would respond to Saya by saying,   “Maybe you are right, maybe you are not, only the future will tell will it not? I would love to stay with my team but I do not think we all have the same goals.”

The gennin did not really want to talk about the future any longer, talking about something for too long always made him uncomfortable,  so instead he tried to bring the conversation back to the present. He would ask saya if she wanted to learn the water whip technique along side him, he could not teach it to her since he did not know it but they could try and learn it together. This would hopefully kill their previous topic of conversation, as he brought a new focus. “So the water whip technique, I have always wanted to learn it, do you want to train to try and learn it together?” He would say throwing the scroll back to her. He would walk back onto the lake in order to make sure he would have enough water to be able to perform the technique.  

WC: 5,272

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya Kirihara <3
Genin of Kumo
Genin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:28 pm

There it was. The distance placed between her and other people. It wasn’t necessarily something that Sakana nor Saya did on purpose either. At least the girl didn’t think so. However, the dark haired genin was aware that her words didn’t have the right effect that she had been hoping for. What Saya had intended was for Sakana to not mistake her insensitive words as a slight to his strength or his judgement for acquiring another team outside of the one he had now.

Socializing was difficult, she found. Words weren’t coming out right and Saya was doing more damage to a budding friendship rather than helping it grow. It was even more frustrating to the young pre-teen because he was right. The fact that he had to sort of spell it out for her was embarrassing to say the least. Goals. Ambitions. Only for a while would the lines between them intertwine before they branched out like the veins in a single leaf. Like Sakana has said, only the future will tell how they would be.

Saya wanted to argue, but ultimately she had nothing to say. It was also easier for the girl to let the topic drop. What could come out of such an extended conversation anyways? Aside from hammering a wedge between them. Perhaps, when or if they continued to interact with each other, they could visit the subject matter again. And hopefully with a better understanding on both sides. Feeling that part of the conversation come to a close, she nodded in agreement though more thought needed to be put into teams and their life expectancy.

”That would be nice,” Saya replied, easily catching the scroll that tossed back to her. As she pushed herself to a standing position, the girl opened it up and perused its contents for a quick moment before rolling it back up and returning it to her back pouch. ”It’s an interesting technique, isn’t it?”

Chakra coated and pulsed through the surface of her feet, anchoring and keeping her afloat on the water. Saya couldn’t believe how easy it was for her to walk on multiple planes now. She could recall the times she ended up drenched because she couldn’t stick her chakra to her soles. Following Sakana a few meters from the edge of the lake, Saya then looked towards him to start. It was an automatic response. She had always learned from someone else, and even earlier he had taught her one of his techniques. Or, perhaps, since they were both learning something new, they should just try at the same time? That was another idea they could both do.

WORD COUNT: 445
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 445 + 4770 = 5215

S T A T S
APPLICATION - DATA

- J. Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin of Kumo
Chuunin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 pm

After Sakana had finished speaking his mind about the travel topic they were discussing there was an awkward silence. It really was awkward. Up until this topic came up in the conversation the two ninja were getting along great but once the Meijin brought up his plans for the future they had a difference of opinion. Once they dropped the topic they would move on and hopefully forget the disconnect between them had ever happened. Since it was obvious that the topic was not a great talking point between them Sakana would gladly stop speaking on the matter.

This was when the gennin realized that him and Saya were not so different. Her short and subtle responses reminded him of himself when faced with new people, the first time he had meet Komon he had said like eight total words to him before leaving, while he had no solid proof to confirm that the Kirihara girl was like this, he was just going to assume. The difference is, Sakana knew how to take lead if he needed to, this was one of those times.  Since he knew what it was like to only want to speak in short responses, he would always try his best to keep conversations going.  Hopefully  Saya would continue their conversation.  

But at this point they were both going to learn the water whip technique, so Sakana was going to prepare for this technique. They would need something to pull with the whip, they could grab each other but the Meijin had a better idea. He walked across the lake taking his time over to where his backpack was. The brown bag was just where he had left it resting against the tree. Once he reached his back he would reach inside it and start to pull out two kunai. Once he had the two blades in his hand he would walk back onto the lake eventually being side by side with Saya. He would spot a tree in the distance. Sakana would throw a kunai as the tree, after watching it pierce the tree, he would throw the second kunai so that it would land right next to the first one. These would be their targets for grabbing.  “Alright Saya, see that kunai I just threw we should both try the water whip jutsu to grab those kunai and bring them back to us. You can watch me attempt it or we can try at the same time its up to you.” After that the Meijin explained the plan to the girl he would start the hand seals, needed. He did the rat – dog – ox hand signs. The whip would start to form in his hand coming up from the water. The gennin would snap it towards the kunai in the tree, it would latch on to it. Once he was sure that the whips grip on the kunai would be strong enough he pulled the whip back from the tree. The kunai would fly back and return to his hand.

Sakana would then look over to Saya to see what she had accomplished.

WC: 5,793

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya Kirihara <3
Genin of Kumo
Genin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:21 am

Quote :
Jutsu: Water Release - Water Whip
Requirement: 2000 Words

He said nothing to her and that was something she was completely fine with. Though Saya did feel a bit uneasy without a response to her question. Perhaps they couldn’t smoothly forget about their last topic. She rubbed her forearm, not sure on how to feel about the whole situation. Apologize, maybe? That was usually a good thing, however, Sakana was already walking away without a word. Was he possibly going to leave her in the middle of the lake? She had just agreed to train the technique with him after all.

The weird, bubbling feeling at the pit of her stomach slowly dispersed throughout her body. It tingled at the ends of her fingertips and constricted her lungs. This was called abandonment - a term she had learned in the not so distant past. And as Saya had noted several times before, she was absolutely incompetent at social etiquette on many occasions. It happened numerous times during her academy days, and in those moments she had never deigned to make things right.

Before she could make a decision to possibly straighten their wobbly acquaintanceship the window of opportunity disappeared.

Saya sighed, turning towards her end of the lake until the pale boy began to trek back to their spot. She stopped, realizing for a brief second that her thoughts had been pessimistic and unnecessary to their training. However, seeing Sakana return to the spot next to her released some of the tension burdening her shoulders. Rolling her arm muscles, the dark haired girl nodded at his suggestion.

In the distance of a few meters was their target - a kunai embedded into the bark of a tree. Not the tree he had mentioned earlier, of course. It seemed simple enough. Saya waited for a second, watching the Meijin perform the technique with relative ease. Spurned on to achieve the same results, the young pre-teen began to focus on herself and what she was doing. The hand seals were familiar as she went through them, having looked at them enough between training.

A push of her chakra and like magic, relatively thick coils of water rose from the lake to settle into the palm of her left hand. Saya supposed she was lucky to have watched the other genin execute the jutsu first. Despite her quick uptake on learning new things, there would be times when it would be hard for her to accomplish it if there was nothing for her to imitate from. A sort of “base” foundation or example to get an idea on how the technique looks and works.

It was a strange sensation. The water whip was malleable, dipping and conforming when she squeezed it. However, it also remained firm, not at all breaking when she thought it would. Saya gave it a test, flicking her wrist so that the sharp movement traveled throughout the jutsu’s length. As expected, it gave a snap at the end.

By this time Sakana had already completed their objective and was looking at her progress, which was non-existent as she didn’t really do anything with it yet. Saya turned to face the tree, narrowed her eyes at the small target before bringing back her arm and flinging the whip towards the kunai. It sailed through the air without any resistance, stretching and reaching for its mark.

Unfortunately, the end of her whip stopped short a meter away before collapsing onto itself and dissipating into the lake. Her lips pressed together thinly, slightly annoyed and disappointed. Saya quietly told herself that it was to be expected. Getting things right on the first try were for people who had a natural way of doing things. And while she, herself, was a natural water user, Sakana seemed to be more attuned with the element.

”Well, at least it worked.” Saya commentated, gazing at the ripples where her water whip had returned to its origin. She tilted her head towards Sakana, ”Did you see anything wrong with my technique? Or have any ideas on what I could do better on?”

There could be several things wrong, she supposed. Having a slight mistake while going through the hand seals was one of them, or maybe it was her bad habit of not putting enough chakra into the technique. Saya suspected it was the latter as she was always conscious of her chakra reserves. Not that her energy pool was small or anything, but her mother had beat it into her head to always be aware of how much she had so that she wouldn’t be caught unawares during a fight.

WORD COUNT: 767
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 767 + 5215 = 5982

S T A T S
APPLICATION - DATA

- J. Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakana Meijin
Chuunin of Kumo
Chuunin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Sat May 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Since Sakana was not a very social person, he was sometimes oblivious of his actions. He did not realize that him walking away from Saya without saying anything would make her assume that he was leaving her. They had just meet of course, neither of them should be able to recognize the feelings or habits of the other. Once he arrived back to the lake  he threw the kunai into the tree and then would go on to explain what the plan of action was to her. She nodded, so then Sakana would go on and perform the technique.

After the Meijin was finished with his own technique he looked over to see what his training partner had accomplished. When the boy looked over he saw that she was still holding the whip in her hand, she had not done anything with it yet because she had watched Sakana try it first. He could not tell what her expression was. Was she nervous? Confident? Or something else? He really was not sure but before he could ask she turned her body towards the tree in an attempt to grab the kunai. At first it was starting to look like she had executed the technique perfectly, but alas around a meter away she would lose control of the whip, Sakana watched as the water particles fell back into the lake.

Well here came the part the Meijin dreaded, he knew that since her technique failed he would have to encourage her to try again, as he could see her getting annoyed and disappointed in her self. It was only natural to feel this way, when Sakana was a new gennin he messed up techniques all the time. The key to getting better was to drill yourself with practice until you physically can not anymore, of course you do not say that though, that is something all ninja need to realize on their own. The reason he dreaded such a conversation was because he thought he was bad at saying things in such a way that sounded encouraging, instead most of his sentences usually sounded dull and uninterested even though he did not mean them that way.

Saya had asked Sakana about how she could improve her technique, so before speaking the Meijin racked his brain for training tips that would benefit her. “Hmmm Alright so, first of all you did a really good job for your first try, at this rate it should only take you one or two more tries to get it right, so here are some tips that could benefit you for not only this technique but all of them. This is just a personal thing of mine but look at my feet, see how they are spread about a foot or two apart? This helps me not fidget while performing jutsu. Next thing, is that when you try any technique you need to be fully committed and have no doubts in your mind that it isn't going to work, if your mind falters for more than a second it could ruin the jutsu. Now, in my opinion, this step goes further when you are a water style user, you must treat the water as an extension of yourself, you have to really flow your chakra into it. Those are the biggest tips I can give you, some smaller things to look out for is messing up a hand seal or not visualizing an attack before you execute it. But, on that note I want you to try the technique again, this time remember everything I told you, and just really focus. I am sure you will do great. Just do not get discouraged because you messed up the first time, it is only natural to have to practice these jutsu over and over again till they work. ” Sakana smiled at her after saying all of that, he had not lied to her at all. The gennin meant every word he said because, he saw potential in this girl, and he really wanted to see her succeed. Sakana would end up staying here all day to help her learn this technique if he had too. He did not quit and he would not let her either.

WC:6503

Stat Page

Quick Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saya Kirihara <3
Genin of Kumo
Genin of Kumo

Home Village :
  • Cloud

100%

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Quote :
Jutsu: Water Release - Water Whip
Requirement: 2000 Words

She listened to Sakana’s points of advice. They were all valid and something for her to mull over. Saya hummed in thought, nodding her head when the pale teenager explained how being a natural water user needed to think of themselves as an extension of the element they were drawn to. That was understandable and frankly, it should have been obvious to her. However, Saya was a bit of “logical” person. To the dark haired genin it didn’t seem as if those variables (like intention and feelings for example) would affect how her technique would perform.

All she had to do was do the hand-seals, push chakra from her body, visualize how it’s suppose to look, and then the jutsu would make itself known. That’s it. Nothing more than those four steps. Then again, when she had first studied about the medical arts from her mother, Saya had learned that she needed to “care” about the patients when they used the jutsu or else it was less than useful. She supposed that some “extra” things needed to be applied if she wanted to have the best results.

”I see,” she said, smiling slightly and nodding one last time at Sakana before turning back towards her target. ”Thank you for the tips.” Though Saya personally didn’t think she needed to spread out her feet, she did so anyways to copy Sakana’s exact outcome. Once she spaced out her stance, Saya inhaled deeply before mentally preparing herself to execute the jutsu once more.

In her mind’s eye, she tried to envision the whips forming in her hands - how they felt against her palms and how flexible they were. Exhaling slowly, Saya’s hands blurred through the seals and she easily pushed the right amount of chakra into the jutsu. A cool sensation pressed against her palms, alerting her that the jutsu was performed without flaw. Whatever happened next though was the most important part.

Water is a part of you. Water is a part of you. Saya chanted the words in her thoughts, trying to get into the mindset. Despite that, however, the young girl was having a bit of trouble of what that meant exactly. There was little to no examples of she should feel when it’s suppose to be an extension of herself. If she was water… Her face scrunched up, thinking hard on her feelings. Saya didn’t want to ask Sakana for help again. It was a bit of a blow to her pride, and in doing so would have felt as if she needed guidance for every little step of the way.

It must have been a bit awkward for her training partner. Saya had stood still for a good half a minute, simply staring that kunai embedded in the tree. The water whip in her hand was silent though she could feel its rushing energy moving back and forth through its length. Like a patient and loyal servant, it waited for her command. Water. Water. Water. Water. The single word cycled through her head like a broken radio.

Something in her brain clicked. An epiphany. If she was like her drawn element, she must be flexible and adaptable. Saya’s eyes sharpened, finally understanding what Sakana had been trying to tell her. Her movement was quick, almost surprisingly so. Instead of thinking as her arm and the whip being a disjointed connection, they were part of the same thing - her. They worked in tandem as the momentum of energy travelled from her shoulder to her hand, and seamlessly transitioned to the whip.

Once more, Saya witnessed the elegant flow of her jutsu sailing through the air. Unlike her previous attempt, where she had just flung and waited to see if it could reach or not, Saya really felt as if the whip was an extension of her body. Her weaponized water continued to reach for its target, the front end curling around the hilt of the kunai and tugged it out in a single motion. Saya raised her hand and plucked it out of the air when it had snapped back from its motion.

”Your advice worked,” the girl grinned slightly, tossing Sakana’s kunai back at him. ”Wanna try to use it against it each other a few times?” Saya asked. This particular exercise was certainly different since they would be trying to catch moving targets. A level up kind of thing; moving away from basics and just generally trying to get used to the movements of what the technique required.

WORD COUNT: 757
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 757 + 5982 = 6739

S T A T S
APPLICATION - DATA

- J. Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Friend in Kumo? (P)   

Back to top Go down

A new Friend in Kumo? (P)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto RPG :: Lightning Country :: Kumogakure :: Village :: Training Grounds-
Jump to: