Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Zanshin <3
Zanshin <3
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

Directionless Empty Directionless

Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm
Zanshin's eyes were locked to the sky as he slowly walked across the training field, the white paper clutched in his hands. By becoming a ninja he had set his life toward serving something bigger than himself, and he knew that he'd need to train in order to properly defend the village. Still, despite all of this, he felt directionless. The idea of getting a mentor seemed to tempt him rather severely, but still, was it a commitment he wanted to handle? Zanshin had trouble with dedicating himself to anything, and though being a ninja was a dream of his, the reality of it crashed down around him.

He needed something to work toward.

WC 114
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Faded Glory
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 23750

Directionless Empty Re: Directionless

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 pm
Komori woke up from a well deserved nap after a hard day of working. He was not necessarily fond of sleep, but with how much he had been pushing himself lately, he knew that he would need to rest more. Especially with war. He had begun to accept the responsibility that had fallen onto his shoulders. After all, is this not why he wanted to become a chuunin? More responsibility? It was a weight that he had to carry, but he carried it proudly and without wavering. Perhaps if he suffered through his duties long enough, he would be promoted to jounin like his comrade Senshi Kobayashi. Komori donned his normal outfit and strapped his two swords to his back before leaving his home. He recalled what the mysterious man had said to him regarding his desire to understand the sealing arts of fuinjutsu more. This left Komori with two jutsu on his two do list, Chakra Draining Seal as well as Chakra Storing Seal. He would probably have time to do these with himself on shadow clones, but it would be more fun to be able to interact with his fellow shinobi. He wandered into the training grounds looking for his brother Komon, close friend Hitori, or even pseudo mentor Senshi, but alas, it was to no avail. He pulled out a book that had been placed in his pouches before he had been teleported out of the library not long ago. It listed the details of both jutsu, he just had to decide whether he would want to help someone or weaken them first. Upon seeing what appeared to be someone lost in thought or just lost in general. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be the genin whose exam the Hozuki had taken over in the last second, the chuunin would walk towards him. If he was noticed he would give a friendly wave before using the ram seal to body flicker to his location. If he was not noticed, he would body flicker next to the boy to get his attention anyways.

WC: 346
Zanshin <3
Zanshin <3
Citizen

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:32 pm
His eyes had wandered down back toward the field after the Chuunin waved, and he seemed to miss it. The ninja appearing at his side with a speed that Zanshin couldn't even comprehend made him jump, and though he laughed, the fact that it happened to be the proctor from earlier, the very one he was thinking of, was slightly unnerving. Either way, now that he was here, Zanshin had more than a few questions.

"When you handed me that paper I wasn't quite sure if I'd drop by, but I realized that I do kinda need a mentor now that I'm a Genin... If your offer is still up there, I think it'd be cool if you could show me the ropes, at least."

He was fresh blood who was in too deep, but from his exam, it also seemed that he was skilled. Maybe this relationship could be prosperous for the both of them?

WC: 156 (270)
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 pm
Komori smiled at the prospect of being able to help a new shinobi of Kumogakure. He would  of course take over the duties of training the younger shinobi of the Village Hidden in the Clouds, especially as Senshi, who usually does the task, would be busier and busier with the more important duties that came with his new rank of jounin. Komori himself wanted to advance alongside his friend, as it seemed as though whenever he was close to catching up, the bearded goliath advanced further than the Hozuki could have thought. Besides, the prospect of teaching was exciting to him, especially after he had recently taught the wanderer Ayumu a few techniques. He would have to track the boy later to see how he was doing but for now, Komori’s attention was on Zanshin. “Of course.” Komori began to wonder what the boy’s chakra capacity would be at before he decided not to guess and ask his permission, “If you don’t mind it, may I be allowed to place a seal on you? It simply stores chakra and it could help you perform techniques easier with the increase in chakra levels.” If the boy accepted, then Komori would attempt to sign four handseals before placing an array from the palm of his hand as he made contact with Zanshin’s forearm. If he declined, then Komori would say, “Suit yourself,” before signing the four handseals and placing the seal down on his own forearm instead to give himself the boost instead. “Now,” he would pause to assess the new blood, “what is your elemental nature? Would you want to learn ninjutsu based on your affinity or would you rather learn some basic ones like body flicker, which is the name of the move I used to get next to you.”

WC: 646
Zanshin <3
Zanshin <3
Citizen

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:10 pm
The young shinobi's face lit up when he heard Komori accept. A chance to progress himself was one that couldn't be passed up, and when it came to the discussion of a seal, he saw no reason to say no.

"Go ahead!"

Blindly accepting fuinjutsu onto his body was likely a poor decision, but one could practically sell Zanshin anything at this point in time. He was looking for paths to get better, and accepting the seal was just another one. When it came to the discussion of what element he could use, there was little thought before he quickly responded. "Lightning. I want to train outward into something like Water soon, but for now, I figured I'd buckle down onto something that I already know." He gave some thought to the technique that he was shown, and when he thought of how useful it may prove to be, he scratched his chin in thought. "We should start with that Body-Flicker-Thing that you did. If I'm able to get that down, maybe we can do something a bit more intense?"

He meant something that would be useful in combat, of course, but at this point he'd accept almost anything as long as he had some direction.

WC: 208 (478)
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 pm
Komori would place the seal on the boy, giving him 60 AP if they bothered to keep track of it within this thread, however, it would actually stay on his person until he used it. “Actually if you’re interested, I wouldn’t mind teaching you water style some time. It’s my speciality.” To demonstrate, since Komori tended to be a massive show off, the chuunin signed Tiger → Snake → Rat → Snake → Tiger to spew forth a wall of water from his mouth, as he had kneaded the chakra for it within his own body. “But for starters, let’s start with ‘body flicker thingy’, alright?” Komori smiled as he was only slightly mocking the boy, but it was all in good jest nonetheless. “You’re going to want to try to reinforce your legs with chakra, or else you’ll probably end up breaking them. Once you do that, raise your hands up in front of your chest in the Ram shape, and then. Move. It’s as simple as that.” Komori would then let the boy attempt the technique and watch him as he used a single hand to perform the four handseals for the chakra storage seal to place it on his own person as well. He was building up his chakra reserves, as he had come to the conclusion that he may be here for a while, and even end up teaching the boy an entirely new nature.

WC: 885

(OoC: So a second element at genin is usually 4k words, but if I teach you, then it’ll just be 2k for water. Just lemme know if you want me to and I’m game.)
Zanshin <3
Zanshin <3
Citizen

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 pm
Zanshin was obviously impressed with what he saw, but his mind seemed locked to repeating the technique that was initially demonstrated. "Alright... I think I got it." With a quiet breath, his eyes closed. The genin was rather gung-ho about practicing, it seemed, but he didn't move for over a minute as he gathered chakra inside of himself before directing it toward his legs. The sign was formed, and with another deep drawing of air, he prepared himself to move.

What he had expected to be a large movement or some sudden teleportation had resulted as a step forward with no real movement. That simply would not do for the boy, which meant that he was going to try again... And again... And a few more times after that. As the next few minutes passed, Zanshin must have tried over a dozen times. For a while it'd seem like he was going to burn out due to the energy he must be expending, but that time didn't ever come. The genin had planned to persist until the jutsu had bent to his whim, and eventually, it did.

When the cloud of smoke had formed around him, he had moved several meters at a speed faster than he thought he could ever travel.

"Did you see that!?" Excitement coursed through him once more. His progress was considerable, that seemed to be fact, but just the one technique wasn't enough. As the boy dropped to sit on the ground, panting, he looked over toward Komori with a flame in his eyes. "Something with that lightning." His back fell to the ground, his head now pointing skyward. "I have a notebook with some jutsu in it, but I couldn't get the hang of any of them. I have my eye on one in particular, 'Lightning Rod,' heard of it?"

WC: 308 (786)

(I'll probably hold off on getting a second element until a bit down the line)
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:01 am
Komori observed the boy’s training as he attempted to perform the very same technique that he had last taught another genin level shinobi. This one, however, was much more patient and less hyperactive, which could be seen in the time that he truly took for trial and error attempts. The Hozuki simply cracked a smile when the boy had announced his excitement in regards to the technique as he sat down and laid on the grass. Upon hearing Zanshin’s request as to what jutsu in particular he wanted to learn, Komori was subtly shocked, pun intended, as he had just used the very same move on the last genin wanderer who had been in their village. Deja vu and all. “Sure thing,” Komori responded as he lifted up an arm to half handedly sign the clone seal and make another Komori pop up next to him. Once the smoke had cleared away, the shadow clone initiated a conversation with its originator, “Every time. Every. Single. Time. You - We - whatever, need a new method for training." Komori used the discipline slap taijutsu technique to shut his other self up. His doppelganger reached up and rubbed his cheek as the chuunin turned to address Zanshin. “Lightning Rod is a pretty basic lightning technique, especially since it doesn’t need any handseals. You simply,” Komori grabbed his shadow clone and began to raise his arm into the air as he finished his sentence, “raise your hand into the air when touching your target-” A bolt of lightning seemed to strike from nowhere as Komori generated a bolt of electricity that flowed through his own body into that of his clone, effectively shocking his target. “Now, I’d like for you to try, Zanshin.” The shadow clone would give Komori a hard glare as it began to walk over to the genin. He would then turn and face the student, speaking up, “Hey. I’m Clonemori. Don’t ask about the name, Komori just thinks he’s funny.” The actual Hozuki could be heard piping up from behind him, “Knows, he’s funny actually.” Clonemori would observe that the chakra storage seal had seemed to have been used, as the mark had been erased off of the boy’s arm. He would perform the four handseals himself and place it on the boy’s forearm once more in order to supply the inexperienced genin with an abundance of chakra to use for the technique. It would then be up to Zanshin to perform the technique.

WC: 1298

(Aight just shoot me a pm whenever you want)

Last edited by Kōmori Hozuki <3 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zanshin <3
Zanshin <3
Citizen

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:36 pm
The next jutsu had lacked hand signs, which the boy had mistakenly taken days prior as a sign that the jutsu would be easier to do. Instead of paying attention to the ranking or the quality of the chakra that was required, he simply assumed that performing the jutsu would be as simple as shocking the target. This, he eventually learned, was not the case. It was a C-Rank technique, which meant that it would be more complicated than anything he had learned up to this point. Formerly, Zanshin would have just laid down and accepted that he wouldn't be able to perform the technique and worked his way up to it several weeks down the line. Now that he was a genin, however, he was trying to avoid the "easy way out" that he was so acquainted with. His eyes had scanned the form in front of him as he thought, and when the clone spoke, Zanshin did crack a smile. He wouldn't comment on the nickname, but he really had found it quite funny.

Extra chakra was provided, and if this technique would take as many attempts as the last one had, he likely would need it. To start off, Zanshin began to take several deep breaths as he channeled his chakra through his body. He was working toward making the conversion to a lightning nature before eventually sending the energy through his arm. With a grin, he reached out toward the Clone's arm and attempted to bring it upward towards the air. Electricity surged through his body, but when it began to flow through his arm, the energy dissipated long before it would be able to reach Komori's shadow clone. Zanshin didn't know why quite yet, but the chakra simply wasn't strong enough to make any real impact. In a battle scenario, he would likely be dead long before any damage could be delivered. Luckily, the clone didn't want to kill him and this was training, and Zanshin had taken his failure in stride. He simply needed to try again with some small adjustments, and in a few minutes, that's exactly what he did. Chakra was gathered, lightning energy was kneaded, and it flowed through his body for several seconds before his arm shot out once more to grasp the clone's. He had produced a shock this time, but the pain would be similar to that of a small static shock one could get after rubbing their socks on a shag carpet. His hand slightly hurt too, which meant that his problems likely also lied in the way he transferred the energy. Did this mean he'd need to back up and not run headlong into the problem once more? Probably. Would he wise up and not ram into the problem until it bent to his will? Probably not. Zanshin was proving to be rather persistent, but he was persistent in all of the wrong departments. He didn't quite have the mindset one would expect from somebody trying to hone their skills, instead, it was like he viewed training as a battleground and the only way to master a jutsu was to beat it into submission. That approach had gotten him through the academy, but as the techniques and training sessions themselves had gotten more intense, Zanshin was starting to stumble and tire far sooner than he should. The seal on his body was used as he staggered a few steps backward, catching his breath. "Alright, get ready, because this is gonna be it."

He went through the procedure of gathering his chakra, converting it, and attempting to channel it once more, but he wouldn't quite reach out to shock the clone yet. He simply felt the energy, hoping to direct it within himself more efficiently in an attempt to not expend it before it was able to course into the other figure.

It was his first smart decision since his training in the technique had started. When he got a better feel for the energy, he was able to loosen up his body and let it flow more freely through his arms. Would this be enough to actually perform the technique? Only his next attempt would tell. A quick step was taken forward, his arm rocketing out toward Komori's clone faster than it had before, and when he raised his arm, he raised it with a newfound vigor. If nothing else, the boy was rather confident in this attempt.

A grin etched itself into his face when he realized that the jutsu had worked, as he looked toward the pair of arms that were sent skyward, he could feel the energy transferring between the two forms. When his fingers loosened their grip and he broke away, Zanshin looked toward Komori's real body.

"Acceptable?"

WC: 797 (1583)
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:42 pm
Clonemori was forced to stand there rather awkwardly for a period of time, as the shadow clone inevitably waited for the feeling of electricity coursing through his watery body. However, it did not seem to come as quickly as he had thought. Zanshin was a fresh genin after all, which caused for the shadow clone to occasionally feel a mild shocking sensation as the genin attempted to concentrate his chakra. After what looked like actual danger, Clonemori tensed up only to be met with what felt like a dialed down version of Keiren no Jutsu, or the cramp technique. It took the boy a bit of time, and even the chakra storage seal, to finally manage to hone his chakra to a fine edge that he promptly used to electrocute Clonemori. The boy then looked over at the actual Komori for approval, which he was promptly shown by a standard thumbs up from the Hozuki. “See that wasn’t so hard after you tried it.”

Zanshin had shown rather remarkable prowess, even taking into consideration the fact that he was a new student. One of which that Komori could take under his wing more so than he already had. First of all, he approached the boy, signing the four handseals again, and placed his palm on the boy’s arm, supplying him with chakra should the need arise. “Zanshin, as you probably know, there are various teams in the Village Hidden in the Clouds. For example, I am on a team designated by the color purple, along with my twin brother Komon Hyuuga, Sakana Meijin, and Hitori Uzumaki. However, I am also being allowed to start my own team, designated by the color white, in reference to the brightness of lightning.” That and Reizo had taken the name Team Blue. “I would like to offer you the first place on my team, which would simply allow me to be your squad leader and take you on higher ranked missions to further your own training. What do you say?” Komori would cross his arms in anticipation of the boy’s answer. If he said no, Komori would just accept that as an answer. However, if he said yes, Komori would smile and clap him on the back in a friendly manner. Either way, Komori would follow up with a question regarding what to do next, “So are there any other techniques that you’re interested in? Clonemori is always down for training, even if he says otherwise.” He would smile a little wider as he waited for Zanshin to respond to both of his questions.

WC: 1728

(Raiton: Jodan would probably be a good thing to learn)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum