HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG © LostLegend

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are the works of their respective owners, Masashi Kishimoto, LostLegend, Cloud, Masuru, Jinchuriki3, and all related topic and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, topics or posts without the creator's permission in any way, shape or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creators permission will be tracked down and punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
New PM's : 0
Important Threads

Poll
How did you find this site?
Search engine
64%
 64% [ 273 ]
Word of mouth
17%
 17% [ 73 ]
Forum advert
3%
 3% [ 11 ]
Social media
2%
 2% [ 10 ]
Other
14%
 14% [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 429
V6 Staff List

Staffers:
Naoki Gekou
Akihana Akari
Sakana Meijin
Aryll Hyuuga
Risako Akara
Xyxer
Yazu
Bijuu and Kage

Original Bijuu

1-Tails: Takeo Tadashi
2-Tails: Reizo Shoyu
3-Tails: Sakana Meijin
4-Tails: N/A
5-Tails: Denkiteki Hayato
6-Tails: N/A
7-Tails: Altar Shinkou
8-Tails: Xyxer Gyojin
9-Tails: Maku Jemuzu

Clone Bijuu

1-Tails: Mitako Raicho
2-Tails: RIP
3-Tails: Youka Tau
4-Tails: RIP
5-Tails: Akihana Akari
6-Tails: Kaya Ametsuchi
7-Tails: RIP
8-Tails: Arashi Tekiatsu
9-Tails: RIP

Kage List

Hokage: Ayumi
Hogokage: Kyousuke Snow
Mizukage: Xyxer Gyojin
Raikage: Maku Jemuzu
Latest topics
» A Jounin in the training grounds (IO. NK)
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Today at 10:35 am

» Shtodara The OBliger
by TheObliger Today at 9:13 am

» Bring a Package to the Royal Palace (IO) (Kote)
by Kotetsu Today at 6:56 am

» V6 Ninja Shop
by Tamaki Today at 6:56 am

» Shedding Teeth [Invite Only]
by Ari Today at 6:23 am

» Rank, Color, and Name Change
by Yoshinaga Yumi <3 Today at 6:17 am

» So you wanted to meet me in private then...
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Today at 5:26 am

» Mystical Palm Aura
by Kenshin Uzumaki <3 Today at 5:22 am

» Kozai Yuki National Archives
by Hikari Namikaze <3 Today at 5:15 am

» Teacher for a day
by Mo-ri Jin Today at 4:59 am

Top posting users this week
Hikari Namikaze <3

Xyxer

Kyousuke Snow <3

Kotetsu

Xuba Xixisis <3

Ren

Sakaiza Hyuuga <3

Gary

Sanae

Higuto Aburame

Twitter

Cursor Enabler
Spoiler:
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

A Little Less Conversation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Altar Shinkou
Hunter-Nin
Hunter-Nin

Fame : 28
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Lightning, Water, Fire
Clan : Shinkou
Clan Element : Yuumei
Bloodline : Meigan, Byakugan
Ryo : 18
100%

PostSubject: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:48 am

So i'll make this quick.

I'm active on a number of other RP sites, and i've seen plenty of good ideas. Seeing to the recent changes on NRPG, i'd like to petition that we introduce a good system i've seen on another site here, or possibly multiple ideas, one more cosmetic than the other.

The first idea i'd like to propose are monthly or bi-monthly events. Let's face it, it's been a long time since something large scale has happened on NRPG. In fact, in my time here, i've rarely been a part of anything outside of the average training topics in the village. If we introduced monthly events to NRPG, I think it'd do a lot to promote site activity and perhaps help stimulate some more goings on IC. Now i'm not saying every month something insane happens. More so small competitions or activities. Now this idea isn't without problems. The staff is most likely busy enough sorting out the current goings on of NRPG, and coming up with an event every month would get tiring, and sooner or later ideas would be recycled. That being said, this would most likely not be a permanant fixture. If they were in need of help or ideas, staff could gather interest of other site members to help plan or coordinate events and come up with ideas. That would also help some members of the site feel as though they were contributing, which is always a good feeling.

Now for the second idea. Like I stated above, this would be more cosmetic, and i'm not sure it would even fit with NRPG. It's just a neat system i've seen before. The system in question was X of the Month. Be it Member, Character or Thread. In practice, at the beginning of every month a thread would be posted allowing people to vote for members/characters/threads. After a set amount of time, the thread is closed and the replies are collected, and are then either turned into polls, or tallied and picked as is. Stipulations would be no voting for yourself/your own characters, but threads you participated in are alright to vote for. People who won last month/two months ago cannot win again. Winners could get a small reward or something. It'd promote activity and thorough CD, as opposed to constant powergaming and the very combat-central minds of most NRPG members, myself included.

Anyways I suck with words and ideas but hey, I wanna try to help so here's this thing. Rate me 5/5 pls no negative comments I can't deal with criticism I cri ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David o' confused names
Genin
Genin

Fame : 29
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Unknown....
Ryo : 0
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:01 am

I remember someone (gary?) running a _of the month before, but details are fuzzy

I think with the speed at which people post, monthly events are too fast, perhaps every two or three months would be doable. Many of them could be small things that require less work, it helps imo to have multiple tiers of events. Razz

I rate your post 0/5, scrub! D:<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Previously on Rakka
Jounin
Jounin

Fame : 7
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Wind, Water, Fire
Clan : Yuki
Clan Element : Ice Release
Ryo : 500
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:04 am

These changes would really satisfy me

Satisfy meeee

No, but seriously, as the person who hops sites with you constantly, all of this is great, and I'm glad you brought it up, because I never thought to. Play of the game goes to Altar.

She once taught a german shepherd to bark in spanish. 
She once gave a pep talk so compelling that both teams won.
She once visited the Virgin Islands... They are now simply called "The Islands"
She can line dance in a circle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gary
Master
Master

Fame : 233
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Doton, Suiton, Futon
Clan : Inuzuka
Clan Element : n/a
Ryo : 20125
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 am

Gary's a useless guy who knows basically nothing, don't trust him. He lacks basic rp experience.

However, Jei is correct. I ran a 'of the month' thing a while back, but the response was less than warm. And, as Aki told me it would, the whole idea fizzled out. That said if there is interest I'd very much like to see the idea rebooted as I think it does indeed promote character interplay. I wrote a whole explanation about it and you do a good job of summarizing the advantages.

As to your thoughts on events, well, it's been talked to death. People want events, that much is for certain. I am of the opinion that the events should be led by the leaders of the villages, not staff. A great example of this is what Aki has done with Hoshigakure (Yeah yeah, she is staff I know sue me). Naturally, all one needs for this is active leaders willing to draw up plans and include everyone no matter where they may be on the character development spectrum.

Cheers.

"Battle not with Monsters lest ye Become a Monster and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes also into you"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akihana Akari
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Fame : 540
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Fire, Lightning, Water
Clan : Akari
Clan Element : Light
Bloodline : Golden Eye
Ryo : 47000
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:46 am

I think Andy forgot he voted for himself when Gary ran it.

But yeah, i did tell Gary that these games are not sustainable on nrpg due to our site culture of important discussions devolving into who can find the sassiest reaction gif. Its not a good or bad thing, it just is.

If we all decided to change that than sure, these events might become a regular thing. I know staff is willing to put in the effort.

As for site wide IC events, totaly on board. We're actually working on something right now. <3

You're awesome, give yourself a treat. <3

"How many scars did she justify,
Just because she loved the one holding the knife."

Important information:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gary
Master
Master

Fame : 233
Home Village :
  • Leaf

Element(s) : Doton, Suiton, Futon
Clan : Inuzuka
Clan Element : n/a
Ryo : 20125
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:49 am

As is tradition...

"Battle not with Monsters lest ye Become a Monster and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes also into you"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Altar Shinkou
Hunter-Nin
Hunter-Nin

Fame : 28
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Lightning, Water, Fire
Clan : Shinkou
Clan Element : Yuumei
Bloodline : Meigan, Byakugan
Ryo : 18
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:07 am

Wow, actual collaborative effort. It's astonishing! My god, it's an NRPG Christmas miracle! Except it's months late! Ah well, better late than never.

I'm incredibly happy at how this was received and treated, and i'd like it to continue as such. The only thing i'd add is about what Gary said involving the leaders organizing events. I agree wholeheartedly, but there are also things the leaders can't do or wouldn't be justified in doing. Some of the things only the site staff would be able to do, such as bijuu or legendary weapon centered events (speaking of LWs those things should be hella updated ifyaknowwhatimsaying). I'd also like to see more events like the Love/Death Notes event. That was really fun to take part in, even if I am super salty I didn't win. And on a more meager basis, obviously if there's something free to be gained or rewarded, i'm gonna throw my hat into the ring.

Anyways, cheers for receiving this well and replying. May the jolly cooperation continue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David o' confused names
Genin
Genin

Fame : 29
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Unknown....
Ryo : 0
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:10 am

Ashi Inuzuka wrote:
Gary's a useless guy who knows basically nothing, don't trust him. He lacks basic rp experience.

However, Jei is correct. I ran a 'of the month' thing a while back, but the response was less than warm. And, as Aki told me it would, the whole idea fizzled out. That said if there is interest I'd very much like to see the idea rebooted as I think it does indeed promote character interplay. I wrote a whole explanation about it and you do a good job of summarizing the advantages.

As to your thoughts on events, well, it's been talked to death. People want events, that much is for certain. I am of the opinion that the events should be led by the leaders of the villages, not staff. A great example of this is what Aki has done with Hoshigakure (Yeah yeah, she is staff I know sue me). Naturally, all one needs for this is active leaders willing to draw up plans and include everyone no matter where they may be on the character development spectrum.

Cheers.

@Akihana Akari wrote:

I think Andy forgot he voted for himself when Gary ran it.

But yeah, i did tell Gary that these games are not sustainable on nrpg due to our site culture of important discussions devolving into who can find the sassiest reaction gif. Its not a good or bad thing, it just is.

If we all decided to change that than sure, these events might become a regular thing. I know staff is willing to put in the effort.

As for site wide IC events, totaly on board. We're actually working on something right now. <3

Agreed (the stuff I would be able to know, anyway) to both of you Razz

I agree that village leaders should (where possible) be the ones helping decide village-oriented events, at least. Then the position becomes more than free jutsu ranks, and painfully endless training topics with scrubs. Gives them a little more responsibility, and you might be less likely to get a potentially volatile person in charge anywhere. Also increases the importance of activity for them. That being said, sometimes it won't work for w/e reason to have the leader himself specifically leading things, you could have appointed aides ic, who are PCs that help out - the ooc people perhaps being ones considered for helping mod at a later date. (Then you get time to see how they work over a slightly larger project than a single app)

I fully admit I was one of the ones who was not altogether comfortable (to say the least) with a _ of the month thread. Some of you might remember how that seemed to affect Coco Wei before.... Sad

A decent compromise there might be to take less serious topics, or make it a mod voted thing. Yes, there would be bias, but you would have to choose on each category, whether to make it more meaningful or more fun/inclusive. More meaningful things could probably be discussed by mods, perhaps in conjunction with a few more active members. Because leaving votes entirely up to the populace sometimes results in a popularity contest

not complaining because I would lose so badly, or anything xD

Largely agreed with Altar-

An important circumstance about his comment, is that the Love/Death notes is not a highly active ninja oriented thing. It was a primarily ooc competition, not reliant on stats or skills, unless you count story writing of course. I'm sure the same appreciation can be found with other people. I know I didn't intend to write such a long letter Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akihana Akari
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Fame : 540
Home Village :
  • Star

Element(s) : Fire, Lightning, Water
Clan : Akari
Clan Element : Light
Bloodline : Golden Eye
Ryo : 47000
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Gg I'm officially too old to see/read. For some reason I thought Andy made this topic not Peter. My apologies to the Lord Mizukage.

*Finds her walker and meanders off* <3

You're awesome, give yourself a treat. <3

"How many scars did she justify,
Just because she loved the one holding the knife."

Important information:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naoki Gekou
Master
Master

Fame : -189771
Home Village :
  • Mist

Element(s) : Fire, Earth, Water
Clan : Uchiha
Clan Element : Wood
Bloodline : Mangekyou Sharingan, Wood Release
Ryo : 10463
100%

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 pm

To rekindle this conversation... -must insert apology here because I know staff is busy as it is-, but maybe we could make this in a season thing, as in once per 3 months. So the _ of the month becomes _ of summer/fall/winter/spring, voted last week of each and decided at the start of the next.

Also to make it go faster the nominations could be up to staff, with a poll being put down to decide winner. Same poll also being pinned on the poll widget alongside another where the titles of the previous season are displayed.

Seasonly or even yearly events also seem much more likely than monthly, as any single big thread can easily last a month.

That and the whole thing fits into the timeline system, which as I understand makes a season OOC count as a year IC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Less Conversation   

Back to top Go down

A Little Less Conversation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto RPG :: Rules and News :: Suggestions-
Jump to: