Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Learning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen ChinoikeTalk With The ChiefToday at 2:30 amJunko TsukikoIlluminate the UmbraToday at 1:44 amJunko TsukikoReal Spooky HoursToday at 12:29 amKoda OmukadeMeeting the MoonToday at 12:21 amKakushin SenjuKintsugi is hereYesterday at 11:49 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsYesterday at 11:17 pmKutari UchihaQuality Time (IO)Yesterday at 11:08 pmRen KurosawaWhere the men shall gatherYesterday at 10:17 pmYama KokoroWalk Around the Kage Tower and Get Paid? Sure!Yesterday at 10:01 pmHasumi Hayato
Top posting users this month
157 Posts - 22%
126 Posts - 18%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar] Empty An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar]

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:45 pm
It was in the early hours of the morning that Ren would encounter the scent of someone he had not expected to encounter, as was his tradition now, Ren had arisen early and begun his trip through the streets of Kirigakure. Ren was taking a morning jog through the seaside markets and heading towards the training grounds in order to prepare himself, though he had passed the recent Chunin exams they had left him deathly aware of just how weak he was, the man that he and Yuri had fought against was obscenely powerful, outclassing the two of them working together with ease. It was rather ironic then that just as Ren was brooding over his encounter with the strange man that Ren sensed the same chakra that he had felt during the exams, it wasn't as overwhelming as it was during the exam, but it wasn't hard to tell that it was the same. Ren turned around to see a man walking through the market, without sensing the man's chakra Ren would never be able to tell, but he could definitely see the resemblance now, both in the way the man walked, and his build.

Ren considered turing and running, he was already jogging in the opposite direction, no one would know, but he would know, and so steeling his nerves he turned and began to walk towards the man, fully intent on greeting him and asking for him to teach Ren to be stronger.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 18

An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar] Empty Re: An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar]

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 pm
Altar's mind was in other places as he walked down the narrow aisles of the seaside markets. There were people hocking various "treasures" if you could call them that, others cooking and selling saltwater fish, and then the people driven to poverty begging on the streets. A few saw Altar, a somewhat known face anywhere in Kirigakure, and asked him for any scraps or ryo he may be able to spare. To these people, Altar gave a soft smile, pointing them to the Mizukage's office. If they were capable of begging for their lives, they were more than capable of giving it to defend the village. The job was all inclusive. Sustenance, housing, basic human needs were all met. But most had seen death at least once in their lifetimes, and were in no rush to look him in the eyes again.

As Altar stopped to examine one of the small market stands offering fish, he would pick up a signature he knew. It was strangely distant, but familiar at the same time. Taking a second to sort through the people he knew, he would stop as memories rang in his head. It was Ren, one of the Genin from the Blood Games. And he was coming towards Altar. The boy knew he was an ANBU, but he didn't know how face or name. And for the time being at the very least, he didn't need to.

Altar would turn away, pretending his attention had been heralded elsewhere. As he assimilated into a nearby crowd, he would form quick handseals and take on the appearance of another man completely. His hair would become a wild spiked mess, framing his now sharp face acutely. His eyes would turn a brilliant violet, and his skin would pale.

After this, Altar would step from the crowd and make his way past the boy and out into the market once again.

(Doubt a fight's coming just yet so AP can wait a few. Transformation used, obviously. Below's a link of Altar's new skin.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/kami-nichi/images/7/74/Alis_design_anime.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20130718094821&format=webp )
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar] Empty Re: An encounter with the darkness [IO][NK][Altar]

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:42 pm
As Ren made the decision to go up to the Anbu captain, the figure wandered off into the crowd. 'Is this a sign, I should turn around and go back to what I was doing, he probably saw me coming and didn't want to talk to me' Ren shook his head for a moment 'No thats stupid, besides what better way to learn than from someone who's far more experienced than you' It was as Ren was internally debating whether the individual was trying to get away from him that Ren saw a figure exit from the crowd and walk towards him, the same deadly chakra from before hung around him like the scent of death, and yet he looked like any other person, Ren steeled himself to talk to the man and called out just as the man was a few feet away. "Eh-uhh Excuse me, could-could I p-p-posibly talk to you for a moment?" His nerves getting the better of him, this man could after all kill him in a matter of seconds. 'Damnit Ren what the hell was that, now he's going to think your some sort of simpleton, Gah this was a terrible Idea' Ren hesitated once again, probably looking like a deer caught in headlights.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 pm
Altar's body would stiffen, then slack as the boy only drew closer. He seemed to want something from him. Had he been identified? Was his cover blown? If so, thought it was unfortunate, he'd most likely have to kill the poor boy. Such knowledge was forbidden, save amongst the Kage and other ANBU agents.

As Altar neared the boy, within a few feet, he called out, asking for a word. Figuring he had been made, Altar would give a wear sigh from under his breath, glad he had used the transformation, walking to the boy. As he neared the boy, he would put his hands in his pockets and speak, his voice coming out higher pitch and gravely, much unlike his normal voice would be.

"Yes? How can I help you?" Altar would say in his masked voice. The boy was clearly frightened for his life, as he probably should be. Though he didn't know Altar at all, he knew chakra, and it poured from Altar like waves, disguised or not.
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:08 pm
Ren's face paled as the man looked at him, Ren was a Chunin of Kirigakure, but this man was so far above him that he was almost incomprehensibly powerful, and the man was talking to him "I... Uh... well" Ren was about to talk about the exams, but then he had a moment of realisation Wait the Anbu are supposed to be secret, he probably wouldn't be too happy with me announcing to the world who he is... "C-Could we perhaps speak somewhere a little more private, I-I-I want to ask you something but..." Ren paused trying to chose his words carefully before eventually making a twirling motion with his hand as his voice trailed off. "I don't wan't to say anything I shouldn't" Ren would eventually say after a long pause, hoping that his words would be understood by the man.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:20 pm
Altar's face would darken slightly as the boy seemed competent about his status. Nodding, he would quickly move forward, wrapping his arms around the boy before forming a handseal and dashing off. The speed was likely unknown to the boy, making it seem as though they had simply disappeared and reappeared at their new location, and abandoned building not far outside the marketplace. It used to be a fishery, but it had closed on the dawn of Kirigakure, and had then fallen out of favor of teenagers looking to escape. There was no risk of anyone finding them here.

Releasing the boy on stopping, Altar would look down at him. "This is a place of solitude. We can speak in confidence here. So what was it you wanted to say, Ren?"
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 pm
Ren almost flinched for a moment as the man wrapped his arm around him, and took off with an enormous burst of speed, Ren was fast but the man moved so quickly that even carrying Ren along with him Ren could only see blur's and outlines, when they arrived at wherever it was that they had ended up he had no idea where he was. As the man put Ren down Ren took a step back, his head span from the sudden increase in momentum and he could taste bile in the back of his throat, moreover that stench was not helping at all. What even is that, rotten fish? Ren thought as he struggled to collect himself, but when the man used his name he stopped and looked him in the eye, a glint of cunning showing itself. "You know my name then, so I was right you are the person we fought in the exam aren't you. I didn't want to risk saying anything with people there to hear us, but I was hoping you might be willing to train me a little, the lord Mizukage seemed adamant that I expand my skills, and frankly the exams only showed me how much further I have to go."
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am
Altar's gaze would remain steady on the boy, unwavering. He seemed to cherish in the fact that Altar seemingly revealed himself to the boy, when in reality he couldn't have been more wrong. If there was one thing Altar could do well, it was lie through his teeth. So, he did. There wasn't much point to keeping his true identity hidden, but it would be fun to toy with the boy.

"Actually, you'd be surprised how fast word spreads around Kirigakure of two newly ranked Chuunin. And all nin would be informed of this happening, and they would have close eyes on the Blood Games. Your name was mentioned along with Yuri." Altar would say, waiting a few seconds before dropping the guise.

"But indeed, I am the ANBU you faced. As for training you, I will teach you what I can. However, that may be limited until you can prove to me you have a level of skill and certainty in your abilities. The arts I practice are dangerous and self consuming. They require mastery. Do you believe you can one day possess these traits? Do you have faith?" the boy would say eyeing Ren up and down. He wasn't much, but neither was Altar. No ninja was what they seemed at first glance.
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:57 am
As the man spoke Ren's face went from excited, to confused. 'Wait what, I swear his chakra is the same as...' he thought to himself as Ren leant forward instinctively sniffing the air and trying to smell the man's chakra just before the man revealed his trickery. Ren's face went from confused, to annoyed, and then to amused. 'He has a sense of humor, thats a good sign.' Ren thought as a sense of relief washed over him.

At the mans words Ren would look the man in the eye a subtle look like the fire of determination in his eyes. "I..." Ren paused choosing his words care. "I'm not strong... Nor am I particularly skilled, But if theres something I am its eager; eager to get stronger, to protect this village and prevent it from falling again." Dropping to one knee Ren would continue talking "Teach me to be stronger, Teach me to fight, Teach me... to be a shinobi of the mist, so that I can stand with you." Remaining kneeling Ren would wait to see what the man's response was.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:02 pm
Altar would watch the boy sink to one knee, taking a moment to spout a soliloquy of how he wasn't strong or skilled, yet he was eager to learn and train. The boy went on to say he wished to keep the village from falling, and wanted Altar to train him so they may one day stand as equals. Equals, hmm?

Altar's mind would flash back to the days he had spent training under Haru. Hours turned to days spent training endlessly, gruelingly under the man. And he had never been able to stand toe to toe with him. It filled him with a burning desire to get to that level, but he also felt tinges of sorrow and fear that he would never reach there. Nonetheless, if there was one thing Haru had been, it was a good teacher. And Altar would strive to be the same way.

"You are a shinobi of the Mist. No weak men or women stand amongst our ranks. Not a single one of us should be described as weak or unskilled. Those bearing those descriptors should be sent to live with those who share their traits. We are of the Bloody Mist. And hidden in the mist lies unparalleled talent. You just have to realize it and work for it." Altar would say, pacing around the boy.

"I will teach you whatever I can that you desire to know. However, my methods are strict and straightforward. There will be pain. There will be blood. There will be times you regret training under me with every single ounce of your being. It will be grueling and it will NOT be fun." the boy would say, his voice becoming more and more stern. He would stop in front of the boy, looking down to him.

"However it will make you stronger than you thought you could ever be. You will become more skilled than you thought possible. It will bring out the talent that a shinobi of the mist should possess. I only ask that you do not disobey me. Everything I do, or will ask of you will be for the betterment of yourself. Now, if you believe yourself up to the challenge, then rise." Altar would say, holding out his hand to the kneeling boy.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum