Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
When one became twoToday at 4:46 pmKutari UchihaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 4:38 pmZatoichi HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 4:02 pmMegami KuogaMeeting the BladeToday at 12:13 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsToday at 11:49 amKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 11:27 amRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 10:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 5:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 4:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 4:37 amHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
160 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
53 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
46 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

D-Rank: Repair The Bridge Empty D-Rank: Repair The Bridge

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am
Spoiler:

Ren stood in his room looking in his pantry, Damn, I’m out of food again, and I'm out of money too. Well training is all very well and good, but I need to eat too; guess I better go make some money before I end up starving to death; Ren thought to himself. Ren wandered to the door pulling on a coat, Time to go see what missions are on offer then I guess. He thought as he stealed himself against the chilling wind that rushed into the small room as he opened the door.

Ren wandered through the street heading towards the Administration building, it shouldn't be hard to find some work there, Kiri was always short on hands and everything needed to be done by yesterday, as he reached the building there were people running left and right carrying papers and calling out orders to each other. Ren stood staring at the board in front of him looking for something interesting there were a few things that looked interesting of note, but none they’d let a genin do, especially on their own. “Well this sucks” Ren thought aloud “guess I’m doing something boring again” he said grumpily as he took a flier off the board and wandered up to the front desk, a stern looking lady in her mid twenties sat there writing in her book and paying little heed to the man standing before her. Ren coughed loudly, the woman glanced up for a second before going back to her writing “Give me a moment young lady I’m just finishing up some paperwork and then I’ll be with you.” Ren felt the blood rushing to his head, his face turned a bright red and he felt the veins of his forehead throbbing as his left eye twitched in fury. “Do I look like a girl to you!” He yelled angrily. The woman looked up from her work to calmly look him in the eye, “Do I look like someone with time to listen to a whiny brat who thinks she’s better than everyone else just because she’s a genin, I have a pile of paperwork larger than your house that i need to do and you can’t wait five seconds? What is it you want girl?” Ren opened his mouth to inform her that he was actually a guy, but the look she was giving him made him think it might be a bad idea “I-I just wanted to let you know I was going to take this mission” he said sliding the flyer from before across her desk. The woman looked at him a moment longer before glancing down “This really couldn't have waited a moment longer? It isn't even remotely urgent” she looked up at the girl in front of her, eyes shyly downcast “okay fine” the woman sighed “you’re approved, just don't hurt yourself carrying anything too heavy. Ren looked up at the woman, forcing a smile on his face “Thank you so much I’ll make sure it’s done by tomorrow” then turning to leave Ren reached the door before he heard the woman's voice again “Oh and what’s your name girl?” Ren blushed again turning to face her; Goddamnit why won't anyone believe that I’m a guy. “It’s Ren” he said curtly. The woman smiled at the name,“Well Ren, you really should smile more often, it makes you look cute.” Ren could feel the blood rushing to his face, D-did she just say I looked cute, damnit Ren, she’s trying to be nice, and you don’t need another enemy right now, just smile and walk away. “Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind” Ren said forcing a smile as he walked out of the building.

Ren stood in a dark alleyway off one of the major streets, surrounded by trash and the freezing cold rain falling on his face, one thing about the villages constant torrential downpour is that it did a great job of masking tears whenever Ren started crying. Ren found himself sobbing aloud as he took a deep breath. Ren could feel his face still burning over the whole fiasco, all he wanted was to get this job over and done with, and look where it got him, in an argument and then standing in an alleyway balling to himself over the whole thing. She’s not wrong you know, you do look cuter when you smile, a lot cuter, you’d make far more friends if you just smiled more often you know. The voice of Ren’s constant companion chimed in, Kira’s voice washing over ren and providing a sense of clarity as it always did. Ren took another deep breath, this time managing to calm himself enough to think clearly. It’s fine for you Kira, you're not the one having to deal with guys hitting on him all the time, It’s embarrassing. There was a pause in their conversation, Ren could feel Kira’s immaterial gaze penetrating him, slowly she spoke Ren, you realise that’s what most girls in the human world deal with on a daily basis right. I’m a fox, so you are right, I never had to deal with anything like this but you looking a little the way you look is not something you should be embarrassed about. You are you, and if how people act around you bothers you then either embrace it, or become strong enough to change it. Ren sniffled a little, y-you're right I guess, but that doesn't help me in dealing with it now. Ren sighed well I guess I just have to endure it while I go finish this job and then I can go back to training. With that decided ren wandered back off towards the islands bridge, this was the third time it had broken this month; Ren was going to have to figure out a good way to fix this bridge, and he was going to have to do it soon.

Ren stood atop the cliff face, looking at the decrepit bridge before him, the useless block of rotten wood had fallen apart preventing any sort of travel between the two islands it had once connected. Ren picked up a tree branch from the side of the cliff, and hefting the light block of wood in his hands, gently tossed the branch onto the remains of the bridge. There was a deafening CRACK cutting through the peaceful sound of the sea as the additional weight caused the remaining bridge to splinter and collapse, falling into the sea. “Well then, I’m glad I did not test that myself… okay well i guess I’m going to have to build this from scratch” Ren said aloud as he turned around walking towards the forest, First thing I’m going to need is some lumber.

The island’s forest was dark, contrary to its small size the trees of the island had stood for many centuries, the canopy was so thick and densely packed that barely any light had managed to escape the confines of the upper canopy. Ren stood at the entrance of the forest, a disturbingly warm wind blowing his hair back as it rushed from the entrance of the imposing forest before him. Ren wandered forward, following the once well trodden path that was now horrendously overgrown with unused, the dark land would intimidate some. Ren continued walking through the forest until he came upon a solid oak tree, that stood taller than any others around it. Now then this tree looks like it will make for some good lumber Ren thought to himself. All I have to do is to cut it down, the question is how, i didn’t bring a sword with me and that's just the beginning, I’m going to have to take it all back to the cliff before I can fix the bridge. Well I guess I should look at the problem before me first before i stress about things to come. If nothing else this is looking like a good opportunity to practice that new technique. Ren took a few steps backwards from the tree and began to bend down, stretching out his muscles in preparation for a workout. “Now then tree” he said confidently “prepare to be cut down” and with that Ren ran towards the tree one foot after the other, building up momentum. Ren focused his mind, remembering the forms that were detailed in his jutsu encyclopedia, the book that had become his leading authority on techniques to learn and use. Step one, Run at the target, steadily building up momentum by putting the force of your steps on your calf muscles rather than just by bending your legs. Well that's done, now step two, leap up of the ground with enough force to bring your knee slightly above the height of your target, Well that's not hard in even the slightest Ren thought to himself sarcastically. Nevertheless Ren attempted to do as the manuel had instructed, he leapt up as he came closer to the tree, lifting his knees up as high as he could. Okay, now for the final step, bend my left knee and extend my right foot so that all of the force of the manoeuvre is expelled from the one point on my body, with any luck the impact should be enough to shatter the tree wood a little. Ren lifted his body into position just as he came colliding into the tree.

Ren felt the woodwork under his foot crack and shatter as the force of the impact reverberated up his foot and through his leg. Ren lept back from the tree and landed back on the ground, rubbing his leg to ease the pain from the force that had just flowed through it. Ren looked up observing his handiwork, there was a large dent in the tree where the blow had impacted the tree; It certainly wasn’t a perfect execution of the dynamic entry technique by any means Ren thought to himself but a few more blows like that and this old giant should come down, and besides it'll give me a chance to perfect the technique. Ren found himself running at the tree inorder to execute the dynamic entry technique a total of 5 more times before the tree finally fell, of course by that point Ren had gotten the hang of the technique and was able to use it to break up the oak into more manageable pieces.

5 hours latter Ren had collected a large collection of wood from the forest, and had lugged it all to the cliff edge where he intended to assemble the bridge, he had of course had to make a few trips back to the village in order to acquire a hammer, nails, and some rope, but now he was ready to build this bridge. Ren skillfully prepared the sections of the bridge, first crafting the supports for the actual bridge and then the long sections of logs that would become the footing for carts and passers by that intended to travel over it. It was only once Ren completed the task at hand that he realised that there was a problem he had overlooked. Ren had intended to place large pillars of wood in the ocean bed in order to support the bridge above it, and hopefully prevent it from falling apart again, but ren had no way of getting down there, and it was getting late, ren wouldn't have time to go hire a boat and lug the supports all the way down there. Damnit all I wanted to get this finished by tonight, it was at this moment that another thought struck Ren, the drop to the bottom of the cliffs was only about 20 meters, he had used a new technique to help him get the wood for the bridge in the first place, maybe he could use another one to help him build the bridge in the first place, glancing around himself ren saw that the torrential downpours that encompassed the village had formed a large puddle near him. Perfect, this should be just what I need, all i have to do is figure out how to use the water replacement technique i learned about and I’ll be able to get down there and back up again. Ren wandered over to the pile of supports that he had crafted and tied them all up with some of his rope. Then closing his eyes ren summoned his chakra, feeling it pump through his body as he attempted to use it to allow him to land safely in the sea below him. Ren stood there for a good half an hour before he felt comfortable to try swapping places with the portion of water below him. To any onlooker, it would appear at that point that ren had simply turned into water, but he had in fact managed to successfully perform the technique, or rather he had managed to not kill himself, he did however forget to use some chakra to stay atop the water, and had been forced to swim back to the small beachfront under the cliff while he prepared to build the bridge. It took Ren another 2 hours before he had managed to complete the bridge, using the water replacement technique had certainly made things easier for him, being able to flit from location to location certainly came in handy.

Ren lay back in the middle of the bridge, sheltered from the rain by the windbreaks he had managed to install along with the rest of the bridge. Well that was fun, I'm going to go rub it in that womans face tomorrow… right… after I… get… a… little… sleezzzzzzz, Ren dozed off lying there protected by his creation, it was not until the next morning that he awoke, excited to go report his success he stood up dusting himself off, and cracking out the kinks in his neck, Ren ran off towards the village, he would go stop off at home In order to get some nice clean clothes, and then he would head straight to the same village administration office that he had gotten the mission from in the first place; Ren’s face was aglow with an arrogant grin, and although it wasn't often that Ren was justified in his arrogance, this time it was hard to deny that he had managed to complete his mission with the quality and speed of someone far above his paygrade.

WC: 2419 Claiming 3 mission AP, 1000 Ryo Dynamic Entry
[url= http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t23793-water-replacement-technique]Water Replacement Technique[/url]

Last edited by Ren Tsubasa on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

D-Rank: Repair The Bridge Empty Re: D-Rank: Repair The Bridge

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 am

Everything except the stat points can be claimed. Stat points cannot be earned on mission C rank and lower, and at B rank and above, they cost 400 words per stat and are capped at 10 total. <3
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

D-Rank: Repair The Bridge Empty Re: D-Rank: Repair The Bridge

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 am
Oh, hahahaha you learn something new every day huh :p
thanks Aki, i took that line out then
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari