Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Tea with Youta, Z, and Dante Today at 6:11 pmZatoichi HyuugaWhen one became twoToday at 5:46 pmKutari UchihaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 5:38 pmZatoichi HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 5:02 pmMegami KuogaMeeting the BladeToday at 1:13 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsToday at 12:49 pmKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 12:27 pmRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 11:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
160 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
46 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Playing with Fire {Private} Empty Playing with Fire {Private}

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:27 pm
Disintegrating people, spooky blood pentagrams, and candlelit rooms. Yeah, just another day in the volcano village. As Lucian pushed open the door leading out of his exam he resolved to avoid coming back to this building. He even half wondered how academy students attended class in such a dingy room. However, he soon put such thoughts out of his mind as they did not concern him any longer.

With the sun still high in the sky over the island on which the Volcano village was situated, the Nazar figured it was still early in the afternoon. Only earlier that morning he had met a man by the name of Taios. After sharing breakfast with the odd man. The pair of them were chased by a band of roving cannibals that frequented the wastes around the volcano village. After seeking refuge in one of the various networks of lava tubes the two acquaintances were able to escape the horde. Taios then acted as a guide and bodyguard on the road to the Volcano village. It was here that Lucian took the genin exam and passed with flying colors. In fact, the genin exam was where he got the headband that now hung loosely around his neck.

The headband itself was mostly covered up by the Nazar’s high collar, which was probably for the better. The sun that may have reflected off the shiny new headband may have attracted attention and any attention in the Funkagakure was bad attention. Perhaps when he was stronger he would be able hold his head high in the streets of Funkagakure without fear. However, as it was he knew that one thing ruled the streets of Funkagakure: strength. Sure, Lucian was strong and could probably fend off a few denizens of the village, but after fending off a few, well, it would attract more attention, which was never good.

Thus, Lucian kept to the left side of the street as he walked. Taios was off god knows where doing god knows what and Lucian knew not where to find him. As such the boy was left on his own. Trying to keep a low profile he kept his eyes on the ground avoiding the gaze of others as well as he could. Yet still he could feel a few eyes watching his progress through the village. It was unnerving that each time he passed by an alleyway that he could have sworn something moved just on the edge of his vision. And, each time he saw the movement his heart skipped a beat or two. Surely it was nothing. Yes, nothing at all, just his imagination. Only that and nothing more.

As the movement in his peripheral visions became a bit too close for comfort a noise pierced the air. However, it was not the typical screams nor dying breaths. No, this was a sound altogether foreign on the streets of Funkagkure it was that of laughter and instruments. Thoroughly intrigued by the departure from the norm. Was it a trap? His imagination playing tricks on him again? He honestly couldn't tell. All the same he was interested as to the source of the merriment in such a dismal atmosphere.

Creeping through the streets ever so slowly Lucian continued to keep a low profile. He found that his curiosity brought him closer and closer to the village gates. Finally after a few heart thumping minutes he arrived at the gates. The scene that greeted him was perhaps the most surprising he had seen in a long while. It was not a giant pile of dying people nor was it a horde of cannibals gleefully devouring their prey. No, rather, it was a group of what looked to be circus performers. They, honestly, looked like normal people, which was a welcome sight to young Lucian. Abandoning his former caution he took a few quick stride and approached the merry crowd.

Upon getting closer he could see that there were about ten people in the troupe. Not too big not too small. Not wanting to be rude he spoke up at this point. He might as well warn the troupe of what they were getting themselves into in coming to Funkagakure. Perhaps he could save a few lives today.

“Good afternoon, what bring you lot to this fine village?”

For a moment the troupe continued to sing and dance until an old man with white hair and smoke rising from his body walked up and spoke.

“We are a traveling troupe of performers come to put on a show for the good people here.” Accenting his intention the old man belched out a plume of fire. It was clear he was the firebreather of the group.

Lucian could already see this day ending in the people’s death. It was his duty to stop such a tragedy.

“I am sorry, but this is not a village you want to perform for. As the only payment you will receive will be the hungry yelp of cannibals as they attempt eat you.”

For a brief moment there was silence as the troupe heard what Lucian had said. Perhaps they were contemplating what he had said. Or maybe they thought Lucian was crazy. However, at last, the old man spoke up.

“Is this not the island village?”

It all became abundantly clear to Lucian at this point. Somehow the troupe had set course for the island village and ended up in the Volcano village. A fatal mistake to the unprepared and unlucky. Not wasting breath Lucian corrected the man.

“I am sorry, but it is not. This is the village of Funkagakure. Land of volcanoes and general den of depravity. Might I suggest we get out of the village. I can take you my clan’s compound where you will be safe….Oh, by the way my name is Lucian. Please follow me if you want to live. The streets get dangerous here as it gets darker.”

Walking out of the village the troupe of performers apparently believed Lucian as they no longer played music and they followed him. He could see in their eyes the fear as they came to realize how close they came with an unfortunate end. Had they stepped further into the village god knows what evils would have befallen them. A fate worse than death no doubt.

As the group entered the craggy rocks of lava flows the old man spoke up again.

“Thank you, were bound for the island village, but we got caught in a storm. Thus, we ended up here. Had we known this was the volcano village, well, we never would have come. My name is Hollar by the way. Resident firebreather of our small group.”

Nodding Lucian spoke easily, “It is my pleasure I did not wish to see another ten corpses in the village. My clan once helped build the village, but it has become demented and changed. My home is just up here.”

The group walked up a hill with quick strides until they came upon the Nazar compound. It consisted of a large mansion complex of traditional buildings. Sliding open one of the side doors Lucian allowed his guests to enter first. Naturally each one was sure to remove their shoes as they entered showing respect to the boy who had saved them from a horrible fate. Stepping in behind the ten people Lucian rushed through the compound and found the leader of the clan. With a few words he explained the situation and convinced him to allow the group to stay with the Nazar clan for a while till they could arrange safe passage out of the land of volcanoes.

Returning to the group Lucian explained the what he had arranged and showed them to their rooms. Before Lucian could leave the troupe in peace to do as they please Hollar came up to him again.

“Hey kid, thanks for helping us out back there. I don’t know what would have happened to us in that village. We have only heard stories. If there is anything we can do for you, well, we’d like to do it. At the very least we’d like to perform for your clan. We actually arent half bad I’ll have you know.”

Laughing lightheartedly at Hollar’s last quip Lucian responded with a bit of apprehension in his voice. He was not used to actually asking for anything, but there was something he wanted to learn from Hollar.

“I’m sure that my clan would love to have the entertainment. From what I heard before you guys are quite good. However, I must ask. Do you know, uh, you know...do you know how to use the element of fire? I know you are a fire breather, but can you actually command the element without any help?”

Now it was Hollar’s turn to laugh. His laugh was deep and hearty befitting a man of his stature. Calming himself down the man spoke up again with twinkle in his eye.

“Why yes, yes I do know how to use the element of fire. You know, before I joined this small circus I was a shinobi, not unlike yourself. Yes indeed, proud shinobi of Sungakure. Though, the life of the shinobi was not for me so I joined a traveling circus. However, I digress. Come find me after dinner and we can begin your training. It will be my pleasure.”
Bowing ever so slightly out of respect and gratitude Lucian left the group to their devices whatever that may be. The night progressed quickly. The Nazar clan, as per tradition, gathered in the main hall and ate dinner. While they ate the group Lucian had saved performed. Besides a firebreather the group had two strongmen, an especially small man, two identical twins who both had stunning singing voices and the other four were acrobats. Their performance was, with all things considered, very well done. The group could be making more money in one place yet still they traveled. It was bizarre to Lucian as the only people outside his clan he had met were greedy yet this group was the exact opposite. They did what they did, because they loved it. Lucian hoped that one day he would find a passion that strong.

When at last the performance and dinner were over other clan members cleared the table and started the dishes. Luckily it was Lucian’s night off of clean up duty. As such he was given time to go see Hollar. Making his way to the room he had housed the group in he was surprised to find Holar outside the door already waiting for him.

“Come Lucian, the training you will have to complete cannot be done indoors. Well, I guess it could, but I do not wish to burn down your house should anything go wrong.” Waving the way towards the entrance Hollar continued, “Shall we be off. I shant keep you very long. Once you warm up to the element of fire it was very simple to have command of.”

Nodding Lucian followed Hollar as he led the way outside the Nazar compound to one of the meditation pavilions the Nazars had constructred. It was a roofless structure open to the starry black sky above. At its center sat a large brazier in which smoldered the remains of a fire from earlier in the day. Walking up next to the brazier Hollar glanced at the contents and nodded as if assessing a fine wine of some sort.

“Yes, yes, this will do. This will do just fine for right now. Today I will teach how to resurrect this fire. Here we see it on death’s doorstep, but by the end of the night it will be a roaring fire once again.” Taking a seat next to the brazier Hollar continued with a scholarly edge to his voice. “Now, learning an element is something that is less theory than it is practice. You have to understand the element you are trying to control. For example, what element are you able to control right now, Lucian?”

“Earth, I’ve always had a certain affinity for it.” Lucian replied hastily.

“Alright, well, tell me what you know about earth.”

“Um, well, we live on it….” Lucian stuttered feebly.

His response got a chuckle as a reply. And then a few words. “Eh, I suppose that is true, but I am looking for something more. Earth, in my opinion, is what life springs from. It can bring life, but also swift death in the form of landslides and such. It can be yielding one day and the next harder than the rock on these volcanic slopes. To know an element you must know all facets of it. After all you cannot hope to control something you have no knowledge of. Were I to attempt to make a clay pot I can assure you it would end horribly as I know nothing of the properties of clay and how to work it while someone who has worked with it all their lives will be able to work the clay with ease.” Pausing for a brief second Hollar took a breath. “So, your clan is good at meditation. Why not meditate on the nature of fire. I want to know all about. I’ll give you a few minutes. Go right ahead.”

Nodding Lucian closed his eyes and unleashed his bloodline. A light golden glow would emanate from his tattoo and behind his closed eyes. Hollar noted this, but did not mention anything. Lucian had found that when he activated his bloodline Arahant he was able to think more clearly and even react faster than he normally would as if guided by a being larger than himself. It helped to clear his mind and keep him focused and focus was exactly what he needed at this moment. For a few minutes Lucian did not move a muscle until at last his eyes opened causing the golden glow to fade.

“Fire, it burns, it can destroy, but it can also cleanse. Its double faced nature can flip flop between each one with ease. It tends to dance to its own tune, but it needs fuel. Without fuel it can do nothing. Be that fuel chakra or wood.” Lucian recited before falling silent once again.

With a sage like nod Hollar began again, “Very well, you pick up very quickly. So, now that you know fire, or are, at the very least are acquainted with it I want you to bring these cinders into a full flame with nothing more than your chakra. Sounds easy, right? Well, we shall see. Please be my guest.” With a flourish he pointed to the brazier of dying flames next to where he sat.

Without a word Lucian stepped forth to the cast iron brazier. He could feel a weak heat coming from it. Not really sure how to go about this whole process he placed his hand about two feet above the coals and closed his eyes again. In his mind he envisioned fire. He had seen fire plenty of times before. It was trivial, he saw it everyday dancing in his fireplace. He could see it perfectly in his mind. Casting chakra down from his right hand over the coals he felt the fatigue of the massive outpouring of chakra flow out of him and along with it a good portion of his strength.

Cracking open both eyes Lucian was pleased to see the fire steadily rising. However, all of a sudden, it shot upward in a huge column. Pulling his hand and chakra away the pillar died down instantly. He had done something wrong, but he couldn't really tell what. However, hearing a laugh from across the brazier he knew he was about to be illuminated as to his mistake.

“You forgot one key aspect of fire,” Hollar chided. “Fire consumes everything without discretion. Give it fuel and it will consume it all. There is no such thing as too much for fire. What I think you did here is release far too much of your own chakra and the fire consumed it all at once without hesitation. This time try to steadily feed the fire. Nurture its growth and it will become respectable, much like a living person would. Now, it looks like we are back to cinders. Try again, go on now.”

With this new knowledge in mind Lucian approached the brazier once again. Placing his right hand two feet above the cinders again he began to let his chakra flow freely from his hand. This time he did not try to release as much chakra at once rather he let it out in measured bursts. He released his chakra like a bellow. Slowly, but surely he stoked the fire and slowly, but surely it began to rise up from the iron crucible. With a warm smile on his face Lucian was pleased as shadows cast by the fire danced on his body. He felt it the fire like a living creature beneath his palm. He liked the feeling he had raised the fire he made it live, it was his own.

Hollar brought some wood over and threw it into the fire that Lucian had raised. Cutting off his stream of chakra, Lucian watched happily as the fire gnawed into the dry wood with a crackling glee. It was quite a sight to behold a fire he had brought up himself. Inside him a small flame of pride swelled within him. This wasn't too bad.

“I think I got it down. Is there anything else to it?” Lucian inquired.

“Not really, the main part you have to remember is the application size. If you want to create a giant fireball you must release a large amount of chakra to allow the fire to grow. Conversely if you want to make a small fireball you release less. It is all in chakra control. If you do not practice a katon jutsu enough then you can easily lose control. Do not use katon lightly, remember that.” Pulling up his sleeve Hollar revealed a patch of burned skin. “I learned that the hard way, so learn from my mistakes and heed my words. How about you try breathing a bit of fire?”

Without another word Lucian turned out towards the field of unending cooled lava and inclined his head to starred sky. Taking a deep breath Lucian allowed chakra to slip into his lungs. Then, in one mighty breath he let out a stream of chakra willing it to expand into a plume of fire. To his delight it did just that. A stream about a foot in length stretched outward into the sky. It was not much, but it was a start. He had done it. Closing his mouth he cut off the stream and turned around at the voice of Hollas.

“See? You are a natural. I’d ask you to join our troupe, but I suspect you would decline. Plus I do not like being upstaged, which I suspect with time you would be able to. The element of fire is now yours to command. Use it wisely.” With his job done Hollas attempted to get up, but was stopped when Lucian spoke up with another request.

“I’m thankful sir, but there is one more thing I must ask of you. It does not have to do with elements. Rather I am interested in where you have traveled. I mean...what is it like out there?” Lucian asked with naive grin on his face.

“I have been all over the shinobi world,” Hollas responded sitting back down. “I have been from the Leaf village to the cloud village and even to a village with buildings of steel and glass stretching to the sky. I take it you have not traveled much? Well, if you do ever get the chance to travel I suggest you start in Kumogakure. When I was there two years back it was a wonderful place very different than here. The village itself is nestled in mountains and often steeped in clouds. It has a certain quality to it that I cannot explain. You will have to spend time there to truly understand what I mean. Each village is unique and, I am sorry, but you live in one of the worst. Though, I suppose that is not all bad as it means everywhere will seem like a sun kissed paradise. Perspective is a wonderful thing no? Well, I have droned on long enough and you still need to get some sleep. Good night Lucian. I am glad I could help you.” With that Hollas got up and left.

Making sure to bow ever so slightly to the man who taught him how to bring fire to bear on the world, Lucian cast his gaze out to the blackness of night that had finally fallen. Breathing in the cool night air he allowed himself to get lost in thought. His thoughts danced like the flame at his back. In just a few months he would be setting out on his coming of age journey. Would Kumogakure be his first stop as Hollas suggested? He had always wanted to go there. He had read all about. Its people were supposedly hardy and tough.

Yes, yes he would first travel to Kumogakure. From there? Well, he had no idea where he would go after that. Who knows? Only time would tell. For now he would leave his plans for in the moment. After Kumogakure it did not matter where he went as long as he went somewhere.

As a chilly breeze buffeted him, Lucian turned and slowly made his way back to his room. As he walked he passed by where the troupe of performers were staying. They were singing a low sleepy tune that had a haunting melody, which carried through the air in a ghostly manner. The song followed him through the hallway to his bedroom until he closed the door to his room and shut out all noise save for the soft murmur of the wind in a wind chime at his window.

By his bed sat a single candle. It stood unlit. Keeping his gaze on it as he undressed he contemplated what he had learned so far about the element of fire. Despite the small amount of fire he had created he felt the fatigue hit him like a ton of bricks. Laying down in bed he still watched the candle. Finally placing his hand atop the cool wick he released a bit of chakra and willed a light to come into being atop its head. for a moment nothing happened, but he then removed his hand to reveal a lit candle. Pleased with himself he quickly extinguished the flame and repeated the process over and over again.

Were one to watch the window to Lucian’s room they would see it light up every few seconds and then drop into darkness before coming back to lightness. The Nazar clansman did not sleep until very early in the morning. He spent most of the night turning the candle on and off like a light switch. Sure, he expended more and more chakra, but he could feel his command of the element becoming more and more masterful. Mastery was still a long way off, but he knew the basics and with the basics down he could expand onwards to more advanced techniques. Of course that would come in time.

Currently, as the morning sun peaked across the land and other rose for their day, Lucian fell into a deep much needed sleep. Little did Lucian know, but he would never see Hollas again as while he slept the troupe had gained passage out of the land of volcanoes and were already on their way. The only remnant of Hollas on Lucian’s life would be the element of fire he taught him. Only this and nothing more.

{Word count: 4007, Learned Katon element 4000/4000 for second element at genin rank, also claiming +20 stats. Topic closed.}
Youka
Youka
Citizen
Stat Page : The Plague
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 134237

Playing with Fire {Private} Empty Re: Playing with Fire {Private}

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm
Approved