Welcome to Naruto RPG, the place to live as a Ninja in a full, thriving ninja world!
To make your stay enjoyable, there are some rules that you must abide by in order to avoid potential conflicts which could otherwise arise.
If you do not follow these rules, then penalties may be imposed.
1. Only one character per account, please. To create another character, make a new account. More rules on this can be found below.Penalty: Reminder
2. All accounts must be named after their character, this is to help keep track of characters. If your character dies, you can rename the account to that of the replacement character. (We will not accept usernames such as "ghfjksj123456")
3. Staff has every right to enforce the rules listed on this site, should any abuse or loopholes try to be exploited, the staff has every right to void the post and or topic.
This also extends to all jutsu, skills, and systems on NRPG.
4. Bumping threads is allowed, but you must wait a minimum of 24-hours before doing so, and it must have a reason. Penalty:Excessive/Illegal bumping may result in the thread being deleted
5. Please try to post more than one line’s worth of roleplay to give the other posters something to reply to. 50+ words would be ideal.Penalty: Reminder
6. Don’t swear excessively, unless it is in-character, in a post. Don’t try to use the excuse of ‘but they will have heard it already!’ when referring to potential youngsters who may be present either – they may not.Penalty: 10 minute ban per offense
7. Godmodding is not permitted. This is where you control another person’s character, or even try to hit them through 'autohitting'. Not only is it rude, but it prevents the character’s original controller from acting out potential actions.Penalty: Void post, see roleplay rules for more on this.
8. Don’t post adult content. This is against our host provider’s terms of service, is rude, and in some cases, illegal.Penalty: Permanent ban
9. Your character must be approved before you can create a roleplay post with them. To create a character, look for the character creation area, read the rules and fill out the form shown.Penalty: Reminder
10. Advertising is only permitted in the advertising forum. You are not permitted to advertise in your signature, chatbox or posts elsewhere.Penalty for mass PM advertising: permanent
Penalty for normal PM advertising: 7 days
Penalty for post advertising: 1 day, post ad removed
Penalty for signature advertising: 1 day, signature ad removed
11. Please don’t misuse the mass PM feature by sending pointless messages, spam and suchlike.Penalty: 7-day ban
12. Be polite to those around you. Do not harass or degrade any other member.Penalty: 1 hour ban per offense
13. Put out-of-character comments in brackets, to distinguish between in-character actions in your post.Penalty: Reminder
14. If you wish for your character to leave an area or village, they must leave all topics from their current location beforehand.Penalty: New location post void
15. You can be in an unlimited amount of basic threads, but may only be in one major thread at a time. Major threads include but are not limited to: Village destructions, village exit gate topics, travels and more. The rules for #14 must be followed to have this come into play.Pentalty: Potentially voided threads
16. Metagaming (using outside knowledge in the game world to gain an advantage) is not permitted.Penalty: Post void, see roleplay rules for more on this.
17. Be realistic in your actions. Your character can’t dodge a 10-metre fireball by simply jumping over it, for instance. Penalty: Post void
18. All actions your character performs must have a reason behind them. For instance, you can’t send your character to destroy a village just because ‘they felt like it’. Penalty: Post void
19. Everyone has the ability to app creations, be they canonical creations or custom ideas, however you may only have up to 3 such creations posted on the site at a time. These may be either complete or WIP, but keep in mind that if a WIP app has not been completed within 2 weeks it will be archived. This is to prevent the staff from being overloaded with requests, and one person monopolizing the staffs time due to an abundance of applications. If multiple are posted, they will all be deleted and considered spam. An application needs to be either approved or denied by a full mod or completely scrapped by a player before they can move on to another app. Trial approvals do not give one permission to start another application.
20. After 48 Hours in a topic, if someone has not replied to the topic you are allowed to skip the person and continue. In terms of fighting one on one, this means that you can claim a hit after 48 hours; If fighting with multiple people the next person in line to post gets to post; In terms of Village Takeover, you automatically win if no one defends the village within 48 Hours. Upon request, a staff member can post on a topic if multiple players are involved, to confirm that 48-hours have passed, thus forcing the next person to post. If you post an away message, you may be exempt from being 48-houred, in your away message you must have a date of return, the 48-hour timer will begin on the date of return at 6am. If you do not have a date of return, then you may still be skipped. All staff members will be allowed 72-hours before they can be skipped, due to having to manage the forum while doing their threads.
21. Stats cannot be transferred, ryo can only be transferred IC (In-Character)Penalty: Whatever you were trying to illegally transfer shall simply be lost completely
22. You are allowed to have animals as summons, but you cannot create a character that is an animal.Penalty: Character App will be denied
23. You are not allowed to copy and paste any RP post from this site or another site. Example of breaking this rule, copying all your posts from another topic and then making another topic combining all those posts into one post and asking for rewards for both topics. Another Example, copying a post someone else has made and using it for yourself. There are tons of examples, but the main point is DO NOT copy and paste posts. Penalty: Topic/Post Voided, also 1st Offense: Hour Ban; 2nd Offense: 24 Hour Ban; 3rd Offense: Week Ban; 4th Offense: Month Ban; 5th Offense: Perma Ban.
24. All jutsu used on NRPG must be registered, canon and custom.
Links to said jutsu's registry must be listed alongside the technique on the stat page.
Penalty for using unapproved jutsu:Void of any current topics you are involved in, and your character being frozen until remedied.
Penalty for not linking:Reminder.
Character suicide is allowed, but we ask that you have a reason for killing your character off, it's not fair to have the staff review everything for a character, only for it to die randomly because you are bored.
Flashback topics, for the most part are not allowed.
A flashback, just as it means is used simply to flush out a character, thus it can only be something that actually occurred before, you cannot train and do random acts in a flashback that never occurred.
These will be monitored and if the topic does not fit as a flashback, it may be voided or the flashback tag will be removed.
This rule allow players to retain the uniqueness of their creations, thus having jutsu and weapons unique to them, without the worry of another player making the same exact creation but with a different name.
Should an app be reported as a rip off, a link to your creation must be provided with the accusation.
After reviewing both applications, if one has to many similarities to another, the staff will ask for the move to either be remade, or deny it if there is no way to fix it.
Make sure you search before you post, to make sure you are not making something someone else already made.
Signature limit. We have a limit on text, and as such there is a limit on what you can put in your signature to keep it from stretching the posts, and causing threads to lag. You may only have 1 GIF image, and at most two pictures in your signature that include the Gif image.
Toxicity: If your behavior is found to be toxic to NRPG, you may suffer a ban based upon your behavior. Such behavior can include, but is not limited to, public shaming of members and staff, and making the site a hostile environment for others. Bans can range from a day, to perma based upon the situation.Penalty: Warning, app changes will occur.
3 temporary bans result in an additional 7-day ban, and a further ban results in a permanent ban.Glossary:Void:
The post you make no longer counts in the topic it was made inIn-character:
Communication between the charactersOut-of-character:
Communication between the playersMetagaming:
Using out-of-character knowledge that your character would not otherwise know in-character to gain an unfair advantageAutohit:
Unfairly hitting the other player's character without giving them a chance to respondGodmod:
Controlling another person's characterStaff may select their own punishments based upon the severity of the situation, the aforementioned are only basic punishments that may be enforced.